PDA

View Full Version : Taylor made coverage on Fitz

Lunchbucket
10-23-2011, 09:06 PM
Thought Ike played Larry as well as anyone has. took some penalties but played him physical.As good a job as any cover guy in the league.:tt02:

Big T
10-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Best season of Ike's career so far.

Stairwayto7
10-23-2011, 09:09 PM
HE did have a big penalty that he shouldnt have gotten, then got away with one also. Am i just homer or does it seem like Fitzgerald whimes every play? Do our players whine that much?

Big T
10-23-2011, 09:10 PM
HE did have a big penalty that he shouldnt have gotten, then got away with one also. Am i just homer or does it seem like Fitzgerald whimes every play? Do our players whine that much?

Nah, Kolb whined a lot more than Fitz. Fitz is a class act.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Fitzgerald made Ike look like a rookie in the first half. The penalties that he had today though on that drive in the first half, completely inexcusable. Twice he single handedly gave the Cardinals a first down after the defense had them stopped on 3rd down. Even when he wasn't covering Fitz, he was definitely having a rough day early.

In the 2nd half he was able to get it together a little more and take care of business. You can't ever shut down Fitzgerald completely, he's just too good, nobody can. Far be it from me to criticize Taylor though, he's had a great year so far but man that was ugly for awhile today.

Fitzgerald seemed to get in his head right out of the gate when he made that leaping grab on the sidelines where Ike had perfect coverage.

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 09:11 PM
He had a rough first 2 quarters. After that coverage was air tight.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2011, 09:56 PM
I don't think it was that rough....Fits is a great player and will make plays period......As for the penalties on Ike....I'm glad he played physical with Fitz instead of backing off......Sure it cost Ike sometimes but that is how you play a WR like Fitz is by being physical....Ike has been the most consistent player on the team week in and week out so far this year.....

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 09:58 PM
I don't think it was that rough....Fits is a great player and will make plays period......As for the penalties on Ike....I'm glad he played physical with Fitz instead of backing off......Sure it cost Ike sometimes but that is how you play a WR like Fitz is by being physical....Ike has been the most consistent player on the team week in and week out so far this year.....

Was as rough as we've seen Ike thus far. Not last year Willie Gay rough, but rough nonetheless.

SteelCityVoice
10-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Was as rough as we've seen Ike thus far. Not last year Willie Gay rough, but rough nonetheless.

It's okay to have a "rough" day against arguably the best receiver in the game.

78 yards, no TD's. Not awful at all.

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 10:26 PM
It's okay to have a "rough" day against arguably the best receiver in the game.

78 yards, no TD's. Not awful at all.

Yeah I'm not complaining about Taylor at all. It's hard to fault him for playing physical against a receiver like Fitz. It was just the first game that we've seen him really falter at all.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2011, 10:27 PM

You can't give credit to Fitz...Larry Fitz is a great WR and makes plays against the best corners......it wasn't like Fitz went all Super Bowl XLIII against us today....lol I'll take 4 catches for 78 yards and no TD's..........Plus on one of Fitz's catches Ike had perfect coverage it was just a nice throw by Kolb and better catch by Fitz...that stuff happens.....My God Babe you're one hard fan to please...lol

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 10:35 PM
You can't give credit to Fitz...Larry Fitz is a great WR and makes plays against the best corners......it wasn't like Fitz went all Super Bowl XLIII against us today....lol I'll take 4 catches for 78 yards and no TD's..........Plus on one of Fitz's catches Ike had perfect coverage it was just a nice throw by Kolb and better catch by Fitz...that stuff happens.....My God Babe you're one hard fan to please...lol

Yeah I'm not complaining about Taylor at all. It's hard to fault him for playing physical against a receiver like Fitz. It was just the first game that we've seen him really falter at all.

Like I said, I'm not complaining about Taylor at all here. In fact, I love Ike Taylor. Probably my favorite player on defense at the moment. All I said was that it was the first game this season that he hasn't been perfect.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Like I said, I'm not complaining about Taylor at all here. In fact, I love Ike Taylor. Probably my favorite player on defense at the moment. All I said was that it was the first game this season that he hasn't been perfect.

I'm just messing with you.....lol

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm just messing with you.....lol

Well, don't! You almost made me :cryrun: :lol:

Mike Tomlin
10-24-2011, 12:05 AM
For some reason Ike never plays the ball he always plays the man even when the balls in the air. If he would just develop that part of his game he would be a probowler no doubt.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor had an up-and-down game Sunday. He was hit with three penalties, including a defensive holding call that helped Arizona on its first scoring drive. He also missed at least four tackles. He finished with four tackles but didn't break up any of the 10 passes thrown to All-Pro wideout Larry Fitzgerald. It's not as if Taylor had much trouble keeping track of Fitzgerald, who had four receptions for 78 yards. Fitzgerald, with the exception of a 31-yard catch, didn't exactly torment the Steelers' secondary. Still, Taylor did plenty of grabbing and chasing. And if quarterback Kevin Kolb wasn't consistently erratic (18 of 34 for 272 yards and two touchdowns), Fitzgerald's numbers might have been better. "Ike is the kind of guy who welcomes those challenges," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. "We like guys like that on the team who are competitors and challengers."

From the Trib (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/Taylor%20has%20up-and-down%20day%20vs.%20Fitzgerald%20-%20Pittsburgh%20Tribune-Review%20http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_763498.html#ixzz1bhVplqmK)

LatrobePA
10-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Fitz is the best out there, Ike struggled but stand with it and ended up having an OK game..