PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Line Finally Gelling...

Katmandu
10-23-2011, 08:51 PM
OL had a great day today!

Looks like they've found a combo that is going to work.

Stairwayto7
10-23-2011, 08:52 PM
They have one more week to really get it together the balt again , we`ll see, I hope and pray

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2011, 09:18 PM
7 weeks, 7 different starting combinations for the offensive line. You just need to see these guys be able to stick together and get some games under their belt. No significant injuries today fortunately, but if Gilbert is ready to go next week he'll take over at RT so then you have another change.

I was impressed with them at times today and then other times, especially with the pressure up the middle, they had some serious issues.

Starks has been a true blessing at left tackle. Ben's blind side is much more secure now but the merry go round at LG and RT is something that needs to work itself out sooner rather than later. I'm all for Gilbert taking back over at RT when he's healthy, he is the future there and I can live with the growing pains; the end justifies the means, if you will.

Kemoeatu is one of the best pulling Guards in the league but he struggled today and that personal foul was a killer. I was ok with Essex there in his absence but not from a long term answer standpoint. Foster is money at RG, he's got the job on lockdown. He's a road grader and getting better in pass protection.

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I don't know if "gelling" it the word I would use..

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Its night and day compared to the first 3-4 weeks...lol

Troyisabeast_43
10-23-2011, 10:15 PM
Having Starks back in the last 3 weeks or so has really made a huge huge difference especially on that left side. I feel pretty good about Starks chances against Suggs now in a few weeks for the Ravens game...

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Max Starks saved the season for the Steelers.....

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Max Starks saved the season for the Steelers.....

SSS

Starks Saves the Season

HUNT4SEVEN
10-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Gilbert is doing great on the right side! Starks has been a blessing in disguise, Foster deserves the RG or LG position and i can live with Kemo at the LG position, i hope this line can finish the year together because they will only get stronger and better

connecticutsteel
10-24-2011, 02:07 PM
I still say they should try moving pouncey to guard and legursky to Center

nuclearchihuahuas
10-24-2011, 02:13 PM
I don't know....I see that pass blocking has significantly improved, however, the run blocking hasn't impressed me at all. I don't see them imposing their will on any D-lines. Where are the defensive bodies being blown off the line. Mendy will continued to dance until the O-line starts opening some holes for him to go through.

pimplydan
10-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Yes the Oline has taken giant strides in protecting Ben . I have never seen them play as well as they did this week vs the Cards . Ben did a few hudini's but nevertheless the line was amazing .

Run blocking was just far but that's ok !