PDA

View Full Version : 3rd String Nose Tackle McLendon Gets the Job Done !

Katmandu
10-23-2011, 08:44 PM
4 Tackles and 1 Assist today !!

Really ? REALLY !!

This dude is a BEAST PEOPLE !!!!

How many tackles does Big Snack have lately ?

LatrobePA
10-23-2011, 08:45 PM
He has to get more time in there, he was $$$$!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Give McLendon credit, in his first NFL start he made some nice plays. He had some issues too though, they were chopping him pretty regularly today to see how he would handle it. It's something he'll have to learn to work around but no question about it he's got serious potential.

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-24-2011, 12:03 AM
He had a great game!! Much better then expected ,I was worried about that spot before the game. He definitely held his own and was not a weakness.

Mike Tomlin
10-24-2011, 12:07 AM
Yeah that boy is ready!!!!

connecticutsteel
10-24-2011, 02:22 AM
WHO KNEW

SteelDad
10-24-2011, 10:11 AM
At 6'4" 280lbs,. he is a much different NT than Hokey or Snack. He used his quickness to his advantage several times yesterday and played very well overall. He could be one of the keys for this week's game in terms of up the middle pressure on Beiber. Errrrrrrrrr, Brady.

harpo
10-24-2011, 10:13 AM
He could be one of the keys for this week's game in terms of up the middle pressure on Beiber. Errrrrrrrrr, Brady.

Sorry, but I had to laugh.....couldn't help it. :lol:

LatrobePA
10-24-2011, 10:35 AM
I think this guy needs to be in there more. He showed flashes in preseason and looks solid..

K Train
10-24-2011, 01:26 PM
may of you said hood was too small to play nose, 6-4 280 mclendon looks much more like a DE than a NT, but like ive said before the steelers dont need that giant NT like they have had..the talent level on the dline and LBs allows us to use our NT as a pentrating DT much like the cowboys use jay ratliff, who is also undersized and much better suited for DE.

id like to see hood get more work inside though, this could be a mean rotation on the dline. i really wish we would have kept gibson and woods, both were "too raw" at the time but wed have nothing but freaks for a front 7 rotation if they were around

UKSTEELER
10-24-2011, 01:31 PM
I can't see how Hampton can gain back his spot!

Hoke and now McLendon have outplayed him in relief.

Casey's last season surely?

Great job Stevie Mac:helmet:

Rampage
10-24-2011, 01:45 PM
may of you said hood was too small to play nose, 6-4 280 mclendon looks much more like a DE than a NT, but like ive said before the steelers dont need that giant NT like they have had..the talent level on the dline and LBs allows us to use our NT as a pentrating DT much like the cowboys use jay ratliff, who is also undersized and much better suited for DE.

id like to see hood get more work inside though, this could be a mean rotation on the dline. i really wish we would have kept gibson and woods, both were "too raw" at the time but wed have nothing but freaks for a front 7 rotation if they were around

This is something I've been waiting for, as well. Hood seems to get a good push on the pocket. If Heyward can play the run (and it looks like he can) and McClendon can rotate between NT and DE, that could be a dangerous rotational line. I'd love seeing it.

steelchamp204
10-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Dude is a big boy, and can move that will equal success. Now it all depoends if he could do it week in and week out for seasons upon seasons. Let alone start the game

Katmandu
10-25-2011, 11:08 AM
This is something I've been waiting for, as well. Hood seems to get a good push on the pocket. If Heyward can play the run (and it looks like he can) and McClendon can rotate between NT and DE, that could be a dangerous rotational line. I'd love seeing it.Man! That would be awesome if Tomlin will do this !