PDA

View Full Version : Suisham was money today, but tell me you weren't worried

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Watching Suisham come on the field for a FG attempt just gives me an ulcer. It's like waiting for a marathon appointment at the dentist. Fortunately today though, he kept the game just out of reach even though the Cardinals were trying to mount a comeback.

"Squeeze-um", "Sushi", whatever you want to call him, was 3/3 today with a long of 42 yds.

Those points he put up were very important as we saw. The FG just before halftime gave the Steelers some breathing room heading into the 2nd half. Even when the Cards scored, those extra points by Sean were enough to keep the Steelers ahead by enough to force extra possessions by the Cardinals.

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 08:28 PM
I got $5 for the "Dome over Heinz Field" fund.

Diehardsteel
10-23-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm always worried with Sweezy...or any kicker for that matter. Good performance from him today.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2011, 08:38 PM
That final kick was high enough that you couldn't tell if it was good or not until the officials gave the signal. He just squeaked that one in but I'll take it. 3/3 today is good enough for me. Now if he could only do that every week.

Not that I want us to have to kick 3 FG's every week but hey, points are points with the Steelers.

SteelDad
10-23-2011, 08:39 PM
Very pleased with Sushi today. With that said, it's his fault that I now have addictions to several anti-anxiety medications and alcohol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2011, 08:40 PM
I still hate him....lol Steelers can use an upgrade over him.....

Stairwayto7
10-23-2011, 08:46 PM
My only issue is he is our kicker which means outdoor, bad weather, when we need him we`ll see then

MattyVfromCT
10-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Im always nervous with the shankapotamus. I don't care if he's kicking from the 1 yardline in the center of the field. As much as reed pissed us all off last year, I was always confident with him kicking. Shame how his career ended here because he was incredibly clutch up until 2010

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Im always nervous with the shankapotamus. I don't care if he's kicking from the 1 yardline in the center of the field. As much as reed pissed us all off last year, I was always confident with him kicking. Shame how his career ended here because he was incredibly clutch up until 2010

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

:coffeecough: :hilarious:

I was talking to Steeldad during the game and every time Sushi came out for a field goal I was having a heart attack. I want the guy to play well, we are going to need him to come through with clutch kicks in close games. Today he did, on the road which was big. If he misses even one next week though it could be the difference in the game.

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 10:48 PM
I was talking to Steeldad during the game and every time Sushi came out for a field goal I was having a heart attack. I want the guy to play well, we are going to need him to come through with clutch kicks in close games. Today he did, on the road which was big. If he misses even one next week though it could be the difference in the game.

He is one of those guys that you just really want to do well. He came into Pittsburgh so humble and so happy to get another chance to be in the NFL. I want him to do well, I really do, but Sweezy, you have to be able to kick some field goals in your own stadium.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-23-2011, 11:09 PM
He has an unofficial nic around here. Shankapotamus I believe. So, naturally worried, actually scared to watch him kick the FG. Today he done good.