PDA

View Full Version : Redman ( The Red Bull )

Stairwayto7
10-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else like the put your head down and run style? Hit the hole hard. Mendy left some yards out there today., dancing around, running soft

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Oh god. You just started a war with this thread...

I do enjoy a good war though! Rashard = 13 carries for 32 yards. :clap:

Steelersfan
10-23-2011, 08:39 PM
I don't know why people keep arguing about running backs when the line can't block for crap. Redman does a little better with it because he plows straight ahead. Mendy is always a threat to break one. Bottom line is the running game will only go so far with a crap line no matter who the back is.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Stairwayto7
10-23-2011, 08:43 PM
There were some holes that Mendy didnt hit, he is looking for the homerun every play. He`ll have his days but overall, overrated

LatrobePA
10-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Redman don't have the edge type speed but he also dosen't need it, he runs straight ahead!

Big T
10-23-2011, 08:50 PM
We have like 17 of these threads. Seriously give it a rest.

Stairwayto7
10-23-2011, 08:51 PM
Redman don't have the edge type speed but he also dosen't need it, he runs straight ahead!

Bettis didnt have it either! And he ended up with 12K

LatrobePA
10-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Bettis didnt have it either! And he ended up with 12K

Redman is just more effective than Mendy at times, you'll have that with more than one good back... This isn't a bad thing!

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 08:59 PM
With a good offensive line, Mendy should be getting the majority of the carries. With the line we have now and the kind of offense we're running, Redman should be getting more carries than he currently is. Just the way it goes.

Stairwayto7
10-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Babes your right, and sense you play to your strength Redman should be hitting the holes

Speeed
10-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah, but the situation is that the OL is unpredictable. Redman gets better results. So, we can say " Because the OL is in flux, Mendy does not do well because of that. But let's keep him in because eventually the line will work itself out and Meny will put up numbers."

Even though Redman continually pushes aggressively for yards after contact. So, why keep Mendy on a contingency?

Redman has been moving the ball very well. I am not sure he should be the starter, but I am starting to lose faith in Mendy's ability. His style just seems out of sync with the OL sometimes. I say let Redman have more carries, that does some to be the trend.

I don't know why people keep arguing about running backs when the line can't block for crap. Redman does a little better with it because he plows straight ahead. Mendy is always a threat to break one. Bottom line is the running game will only go so far with a crap line no matter who the back is.

jpele
10-23-2011, 10:01 PM
We have like 17 of these threads. Seriously give it a rest.

Are you tired that you want a rest?

SnakeEyes43
10-23-2011, 10:01 PM
:hidechair: Uh oh! Here comes K Train....

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 10:04 PM
:hidechair: Uh oh! Here comes K Train....

:hide:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2011, 11:47 PM

Well said Dan, until the line blocks like they did a couple weeks ago, consistently, we're going to see streaky performances.

I think we all realize that Tomlin and Arians will not hand the reigns over to Redman just because his style is more suited. Mendy is always a threat to break one, but it's the constant no gains and dances that drive us nuts.

JensK
10-24-2011, 05:25 AM
I decided to pay extra attention to this aspect of the game today since well.. we've had our discussions and a couple of interesting patterns appear:

The play-calling changes dramatically when Redman is in compared to Mendenhall. Mendenhall very rarely gets any calls where he gets the ball and explodes through a hole. He often has to wait for the play to develop and that does not bode well for him seeing what o-line he has to wait for. Redman usually gets calls to just pound the ball and hope for the best.

Mendenhall gets like 80 % of his runs to the right side. I think by time, Gilbert will become a pretty good tackle, and I have nothing against Foster but it is as of right now the weak side of our line. Redman gets most of his carries to the left side.

Not sure what exactly to make of this, but I do find it interesting.

steelersbabex25
10-24-2011, 01:39 PM
The play-calling changes dramatically when Redman is in compared to Mendenhall. Mendenhall very rarely gets any calls where he gets the ball and explodes through a hole. He often has to wait for the play to develop and that does not bode well for him seeing what o-line he has to wait for. Redman usually gets calls to just pound the ball and hope for the best.

That's because Mendy can't pound the ball, obviously. If he got the play calls that Redman got he'd pick up 0-1 yards on every play.

K Train
10-24-2011, 01:43 PM
see the play where mendenhall cause a pass in the flats and got popped by daryl washington along the sideline? yeah he got pretty jacked up and managed to get another 5 yards while staying in bounds...i see what everyone is saying about him being such a pussy and always going out of bounds since he only got jacked up by their best LB and managed to absorb every bit of it and keep going

Rampage
10-24-2011, 01:47 PM
My only knock against Mendenhall right now is that he gets flat footed too often. I think it is getting to the point where he wants to hit the home run so he's waiting for holes that aren't there. He can be a great RB, but he just isn't making all the plays he did last season; he's too tentative right now.

steelersbabex25
10-24-2011, 02:02 PM
see the play where mendenhall cause a pass in the flats and got popped by daryl washington along the sideline? yeah he got pretty jacked up and managed to get another 5 yards while staying in bounds...i see what everyone is saying about him being such a pussy and always going out of bounds since he only got jacked up by their best LB and managed to absorb every bit of it and keep going

One physical play in 6 games. :woot: Mendy. :clap: for you!

K Train
10-24-2011, 02:03 PM
its cute that you judge the physicality of any given play based on how hard it is to get a yard or two for the runner

steelersbabex25
10-24-2011, 02:09 PM
It's cute that you think one physical play balances out the fact that he went 13 carries for 32 yards.

K Train
10-24-2011, 02:19 PM
It's cute that you think one physical play balances out the fact that he went 13 carries for 32 yards.

not his best performance, but 4-5 wide every play and 39 pass attempts wouldnt lead me to believe he would have a performance worth bragging about

connecticutsteel
10-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Redman is not a starting back he's a good accent to Mendy . Fullback is his natural position Dwyer IS A BETTER CHOICE but he has motvation problems . one can only dream what would have been with Baron Batch in the mix

K Train
10-24-2011, 02:50 PM
i actually really like redman at FB in our passing offense, hes a good enough blocker and a nice receiving option...the thing is hes not a FB in the run game, hed make for a ****** lead blocker. which just kinda makes it too obvious when hes lined up at FB on what they want to do

tburg68
10-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Mendy will never be appreciated because he's not Jerome Bettis. Neither is Redman, but he is a "pounder". I can't wait for the Steelers first offensive play against NE. It will be the stretch handoff to Mendy on the right side, and NE's D Line will be three yards deep in the backfield when he gets the handoff. Hate that play, but they run it all the time, and open almost every game with it.

Steeler fans won't appreciate Mendy unless they have to endure a full season of Redman as the starter.

K Train
10-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Mendy will never be appreciated because he's not Jerome Bettis.

Steeler fans won't appreciate Mendy unless they have to endure a full season of Redman as the starter

this man is very wise

LatrobePA
10-24-2011, 04:44 PM
It is what it is... IMO Redman is a better back in certain situations, but I agree no way he'll unseat Mendy...

PsychoWard
10-24-2011, 05:15 PM
i say we drop them both and call up bam morris!

Dobre Shunka
10-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Redman is our 4 wheel dive and Mendy, our high end imported speedster.

Comparisons or talk of replacement is laughable.

If you're a DC planning against us you could justifiably place two names in red. Meaning STOP AT ALL COST OR GAME OVER!

Ben Roethlisberger
Rashard Mendenhall

Then there is Redman, and others.

UKSTEELER
10-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Line struggling, 2 complimentary backs, bring Johnson in as FB and just run the wishbone, happy days!:banana: