PDA

View Full Version : Big day for Big Ben & the offense, but a rough day too

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2011, 07:10 PM
25/38, 340 YDS. 3 TD's.

That's a nice days work for Roethlisberger and the offense. Credit Ben for the vintage escape moves and buying time that he's known for. Credit Wallace, Brown, and Heath Miller also for making some huge plays today. The passing game came to the rescue of a poor running attack today, fortunately.

It was a rough game too, Ben spent a significant amount of time on the ground. Not so much from the sacks today but getting hit after he got rid of the ball. For all the great work in the passing game today the pass protection was pretty dismal save for a few bright spots here and there.

Normally when Ben goes for 300 yds it's not the best case scenario for the Steelers but today the passing game was on with big, clutch plays all day long.

424 total yards on offense.
26 first downs, 16 of them by the pass.

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 07:19 PM
And he only overthrew receivers like, 5 times today. An improvement for sure.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2011, 07:36 PM
I really don't know how any fan really can bitch at Ben....The dude is tough as nails and won a lot of football games for this team....Plus since 2007 his OL has been a mess......I just love the guy and always will......I'll take him over any QB in the league....You can have Brady and bitch boy Brees....Those chumps would fold behind an OL like the Steelers....Even though the Steelers OL has been damn solid since Starks has brought some stability to the LT spot.....

Rodgers has a shaky OL also but his stable of weapons is better then the Steelers at this point......Ben is still going through the growing pains with his young WR's......But they're coming along to....Brown with a 100 yard game and Sanders with a TD today.....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2011, 07:45 PM
The beating that he took today, just continually getting knocked down, thrown around and yet still comes back for more. It's just amazing to watch. You hate to see it happen but you just almost expect him to get back up no matter how hard he gets hit.

Stairwayto7
10-23-2011, 08:07 PM
He is about as tough a QB as there is in the NFL

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Guys, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. According to Michael Oher, it's Joe Flacco that's the toughest QB in the league.

Stairwayto7
10-23-2011, 08:14 PM
lol lol thats cuz he is responsible for him getting killed

LarryNJ
10-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Just because Ben is tough and won us plenty of games doesn't mean he's beyond being criticized. Today he was much better and the receivers made some nice plays. I think they will continue to get better every week and the run game won't always be as bad as today.

Speeed
10-23-2011, 08:41 PM
I read post on a Ravens forum about Ben being a princess, always acting hurt, and wanting attention for it. On top of that, a member posted the something to the effect that "Joe really played hurt one game."

Um, okay. Maybe he bruised his vulva. Who knows. Ravens fans should be pleased their staring quarterback is well protected and is rarely injured.

Guys, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. According to Michael Oher, it's Joe Flacco that's the toughest QB in the league.

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 08:43 PM
I read post on a Ravens forum about Ben being a princess, always acting hurt, and wanting attention for it. On top of that, a member posted the something to the effect that "Joe really played hurt one game."

Um, okay. Maybe he bruised his vulva. Who knows. Ravens fans should be pleased their staring quarterback is well protected and is rarely injured.

Yeah. And Crosby sucks. :rolleyes: