PDA

View Full Version : Wood all day long; Lamarr Woodley that is...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2011, 07:07 PM
7 total Tackles today, 2 Sacks. 1 Safety. Nearly had a 3rd sack late in the game.

He has absolutely blown up in the month of October. He's been relentless in his pursuit and sure in his tackling. We thought he could have a good game today because the Cardinals have trouble at offensive tackle, and he didn't disappoint. Since Harrison has gone down he's stepped up his game in a big way.

Credit the defensive line for holding their ground and allowing Woodley to go one on one with his man and get the better of him. You have to like watching him when he's on his game, when he's on he's definitely on.

On the play where Kolb was called for intentional grounding, he gave a half hearted shoulder move that could fake out some linebackers and buy extra time but Woodley stayed home in his pursuit to secure the 2 points.

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Woodley sucks. He's not pulling his weight. He got too much money.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-23-2011, 07:20 PM
Wood is awesome! He has been on fire...when is Harrison coming back? Hopefully he is rested and his face is healed and he meets Wood at the quarterback often

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2011, 07:21 PM
When I watched him today, he uses that speed and good first move to get a step on the Tackle and get outside. When he can pull that one off it's a thing of beauty.

No way they should have signed him to that big contract, he's no better than Jason Worilds at this point! :D

Stairwayto7
10-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Woodley sacks! Wood is on fire!

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 07:23 PM
No way they should have signed him to that big contract, he's no better than Jason Worilds at this point! :D

Still :rofl: at the people that wanted him gone after week 3.

Diehardsteel
10-23-2011, 07:26 PM

Woodley sacks?

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2011, 07:29 PM

Who wanted him gone?....I just wanted him to beast....lol He has always been a streaky player but when these players sign monster deals then expectations are higher for players....which was the point all along.....

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Who wanted him gone?....I just wanted him to beast....lol He has always been a streaky player but when these players sign monster deals then expectations are higher for players....which was the point all along.....

Not you. There were people on here with the "we shouldn't have given him that contract" talk though.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Not you. There were people on here with the "we shouldn't have given him that contract" talk though.

I think its just a select few though....I think most of us are Woodley fans on this board.....Not every player is liked among the fan base...I'm not the biggest Troy fan in the world...never have and never will....Don't get me wrong he is a great player and damn important to our team....Some players appeal or don't appeal to certain fans.....its what makes us unique.....

Diehardsteel
10-23-2011, 07:33 PM

To be fair it was a monster contract and we really didn't see him at all for the first couple of weeks. I personally didn't expect that to continue for long. Glad to see him break out this year.

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 07:35 PM
To be fair it was a monster contract and we really didn't see him at all for the first couple of weeks. I personally didn't expect that to continue for long. Glad to see him break out this year.

I really don't want to get into this again. But, we all knew that he was a streaky player when he signed his contract. We all knew that we would probably start off quiet and then get better as the year goes on. Which is what we've seen so far. So, yeah. That's all I'm gonna say.

Diehardsteel
10-23-2011, 07:35 PM
I really don't want to get into this again. But, we all knew that he was a streaky player when he signed his contract. We all knew that we would probably start off quiet and then get better as the year goes on. Which is what we've seen so far. So, yeah. That's all I'm gonna say.

You're correct.

SteelDad
10-23-2011, 07:38 PM
I've been as critical of Wood as anyone especially early in the season. There is no question that he benefits from better D-line play and he is taking full advantage. He will need another huge game next week of plan to slow down Brady.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2011, 07:39 PM

But you opened it up again in this thread....lol Woodley is my guy but I'm going to complain when I think he isn't playing up to par...He hasn't hit the status yet were I don't complain about him.......

There is select few for me....Ben, Aaron Smith...that is really about it....lol

HUNT4SEVEN
10-23-2011, 07:42 PM
He's back in a big way! welcome back Woodley!!

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 07:42 PM
But you opened it up again in this thread....lol Woodley is my guy but I'm going to complain when I think he isn't playing up to par...He hasn't hit the status yet were I don't complain about him.......

There is select few for me....Ben, Aaron Smith...that is really about it....lol

Hey, I didn't start the thread. Blame BRC. :hehheh:

MattyVfromCT
10-23-2011, 07:43 PM

Nobody wanted him gone we just wanted him to perform like he's capable of. He got a huge contract and was playing like he belonged on the practice squad. And major props to him for stepping up his game and then some. I will admit though that his streakiness drives me nuts. Its either all pro caliber or pulling a copperfield

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

MattyVfromCT
10-23-2011, 07:46 PM
I've been as critical of Wood as anyone especially early in the season. There is no question that he benefits from better D-line play and he is taking full advantage. He will need another huge game next week of plan to slow down Brady.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

You bring up an excellent point. It is no coincidence that now we are getting much better play from our d-line than when hamton and smith were playing woodley and the rest of our linebackers look much better. 3-4 is built on the line taking up multiple blockers so the linebackers can do their thing

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Hey, I didn't start the thread. Blame BRC. :hehheh:

I'm not blaming anybody and I'm in a great mood...The Steelers won and all three of my fantasy teams are winning...two have huge leads and should win...I have a 20 point lead in the league....the guy I'm playing in that one has Flacco and Rice....I have Jones-Drew and the Ravens D......

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm not blaming anybody and I'm in a great mood...The Steelers won and all three of my fantasy teams are winning...two have huge leads and should win...I have a 20 point lead in the league....the guy I'm playing in that one has Flacco and Rice....I have Jones-Drew and the Ravens D......

Amen. Arian Foster had a record setting fantasy day for me.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Amen. Arian Foster had a record setting fantasy day for me.

I have him on two of my three money league teams.....:yesnod: I only had 53.5 half points after the noon games and Foster had 47.5 of those.......Then the three pm games started and I just kicked *** thanks to Big Ben and AP......:greengrin:

Diehardsteel
10-23-2011, 07:55 PM
I have him on two of my three money league teams.....:yesnod: I only had 53.5 half points after the noon games and Foster had 47.5 of those.......Then the three pm games started and I just kicked *** thanks to Big Ben and AP......:greengrin:

Winning!

Big T
10-23-2011, 07:59 PM
I forget who it was, but I want to find the dude here who was talking about trading Woodley to Philly for Brandon Graham. I can't recall who it was at the moment, but I still want to find him and bitch slap him lol.

Diehardsteel
10-23-2011, 08:00 PM
I forget who it was, but I want to find the dude here who was talking about trading Woodley to Philly for Brandon Graham. I can't recall who it was at the moment, but I still want to find him and bitch slap him lol.

You're kidding, right?

steelersbabex25
10-23-2011, 08:00 PM

Probably one of the guys that I'm thinking of.

Big T
10-23-2011, 08:03 PM
You're kidding, right?

Not at all. I know :evilshake:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2011, 10:57 PM
We've definitely had Woodley threads going up this season so far; and we've all known that the linebackers success depends on the play of the defensive line.

Trading Woodley, yeah I remember that conversation too, I still laugh about it. He's got 7 sacks, 1 Int, and 34 Tackles so far this season as well as the Safety that he won't get credit for but certainly caused. As long as the defensive line continues to play well then he will too.

Remember too, he's getting more of the double teams because nobody is that worried about Timmons coming off the outside like they are when Harrison is in there. That's not a knock on Timmons at all, he's got great skills but he's still adjusting to playing outside.

JensK
10-24-2011, 04:33 AM
Woodley has been amazing these the last 3 games, no doubt about it. And he was about time. It is the kind of production we should expect from him and it was the absolute absent of production which triggered the reaction from many people before that because well... he was nowhere to be found the first 3 games and that was with James Harrison demanding the double teams. I don't recall anyone demanding him traded though.. I know for sure I did not.

UKSTEELER
10-24-2011, 06:30 AM
Lamaar is coming to the boil nicely, far and away his best display this season.

Keep it up and I'll be happy, let's see what he brings at home against our next two big opponents, therein lies the true test of greatness.:helmet:

Rampage
10-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Slow start, but he seems to be getting his rhythm. Hopefully he continues, because he was a huge part of that win.

K Train
10-24-2011, 12:21 PM
always loved woodley, thought we did good by him after he did good by us playing for 550k last year...hes always been a slow starting player and a monster in the playoffs. Harrison is out and woodley has elevated himself to a brand new level of dominance and it came in the fall, which is very refreshing to see.

im pretty sure hes told every RT this year that they quite simply need more than that to stop him because he has been abusive

connecticutsteel
10-24-2011, 01:03 PM
I can't wait to see Brady run .Wood is matched up on a rookie this week N. Solder no way he stops Woodley on every play. They don't have the greatest blocking backs anymore

K Train
10-24-2011, 01:21 PM
solder is a finesse player....tall, lanky, skinny, and light on his feet....basically everything a short, thick, unblockable bull rush ability woodley will eat for dinner

coldrolled
10-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Brady will just keep passing his 1 yard routes to keep himself alive. he hates getting knocked around.

I bet we dont get to him often.... when we do the yellow flag will get him 15 yards.'

we really need to slow welker down.. clark needs to do something special next week. he needs to watch some old film on his execution on welker.

Clark needs to help farrior to. this is belecheat, he will attack our slow soft spot 51.

Rampage
10-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Unless Woodley can get to Brady in half a second from the snap, the team will be dicked. He'll throw his vaunted 3 yard long bomb passes all day.

steelersbabex25
10-24-2011, 01:50 PM
God. You guys are throwing in the towel before the game even starts.

K Train
10-24-2011, 01:55 PM
welker wont be the problem, it will be gronk and hernandez...they together is just everything the steelers dont like covering

steelersbabex25
10-24-2011, 02:00 PM
I think we could all use a motivational speech from one of my favorite G rated movies.

khauvdb_f8A

Rampage
10-24-2011, 02:22 PM
God. You guys are throwing in the towel before the game even starts.

Having seen the same thing happen so many times, it is hard to be optimistic. Maybe they can surprise me, but I've had this one down as a loss since the schedule was released.

steelersbabex25
10-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Maybe a speech from one of my favorite PG movies?

vwpTj_Z9v-c

Maybe a 4 year old remaking a speech from one of my favorite PG movies?

2CdJTfGiRCI&feature=related

Stairwayto7
10-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Awesome