PDA

View Full Version : Joey Porter unusually silent so far this week

BlitzburghRockCity
10-20-2011, 01:19 AM
Arizona outside linebacker Joey Porter has been quiet this week.
But, as Porter's coach pointed out Wednesday, it's early.

"I'm sure as we move through the week, the chatter will pick up," Cardinals coach and former Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt said. "Joey's a fiery, emotional player."

The Steelers are well aware of that.

Porter chattered before and during games while playing in Pittsburgh from 1999-2006. And he made as much of a name for himself calling out opponents as he did tormenting enemy quarterbacks while with the Steelers.

Porter, now 34, will play Sunday against his original team for the second time since the Steelers released him. Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward, for one, isn't expecting to encounter a more mellow Porter in Arizona.

"I'm sure he's going to try to pick up on some of the younger guys and get in their head," Ward said with a laugh. "He's not going to attack me, because what Joey says I just laugh at him."

From the Trib (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/Cardinals%20linebacker%20Porter%20silent%20%C3%A2% C2%80%C2%94%20so%20far%20-%20Pittsburgh%20Tribune-Review%20http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_762821.html#ixzz1bIBcmwr4)

steelersbabex25
10-20-2011, 01:31 AM
Honestly, I don't expect much to come from him. I think he enjoyed his career in Pittsburgh too much to start talking trash the way he did when he was in Pittsburgh. There will probably be a little jibber jabber, but I'm sure it'll all be harmless.

LarryNJ
10-20-2011, 01:42 AM
They won 1 game, there's not much to talk about.

K Train
10-20-2011, 12:00 PM
he has too much respect for the steelers...hes been a dolphin and a card since he left and he still calls himself a steeler, id be surprised if he bad mouthed the steelers at all, ever really

ejsteeler
10-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Well, he also can't back it up like he used too......always liked him though.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-20-2011, 04:08 PM
I have to admit, I miss the days of Joey's trash talking. This is the first time the Steelers have not had a trash talking beast in decades. He always kept things interesting with his comments. Especially with big games like the Patriots, Ravens, AFC North Rivals, etc.

Lunchbucket
10-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Always enjoyed Joey,I could never dislike him no matter what color jersey he is wearing.I do think in his heart,he's still a Steeler.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-21-2011, 08:04 PM
I will always be a Joey Porter fan.....But when he was released I did think it was the right move for Tomlin.......We all saw glimpses of the type of player Harrison was in limited time and Porter making 5 million heading into 2007 it was time......

Joey Porter was huge in the Steelers reaching Super Bowl XL and I will always be grateful for that......

BlitzburghRockCity
10-21-2011, 08:25 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, Joey wouldn't have been able to survive in a Tomlin coached team. His style of play was fine but his trash talking and motivational tactics weren't what Tomlin is about.

I'll never forget the sacks against Peyton Manning in the AFC Championship Game, or watching him on the field in pregame warmups out there jawing with the opponent.

DIESELMAN
10-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Lots of love for Porter.... He talked the talk and walked the walk when he was a Steeler.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

nuclearchihuahuas
10-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Joey Porter is still playing? Damn! Good for him...I wish him well...except for this week.

Prosdo
10-21-2011, 09:47 PM
I have to admit, I miss the days of Joey's trash talking. This is the first time the Steelers have not had a trash talking beast in decades. He always kept things interesting with his comments. Especially with big games like the Patriots, Ravens, AFC North Rivals, etc.

I miss Peezy as well. I've watched some old Steelers footage from when he was around and everytime I crack up. Great energy guy.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-23-2011, 02:03 AM
Peezy will be stoked for this game, and honestly I have a feeling he'll probably end up with a sack and so his usual "boot" after wards. I'm not sure I could actually hate him for that, LOL.