PDA

View Full Version : Can the Steelers continue to win if...

Troyisabeast_43
10-19-2011, 04:21 PM
They do not start creating more turnovers on defense?? It's absolutely astonishing to me that the Steelers defense through 6 games so far this season only has 2 count them TWO Turnovers so far and their record is 4-2. That is the worst in the league by a pretty good margin. I personally do not believe that they can win consistently against the better teams in the league mainly New England and Baltimore coming up here if they dont start creating more turnovers and creating turnovers that are game changers. You just have to ask yourself how long can this Steelers defense continue to hold up with this upcoming schedule without creating turnovers and having some of your best players out like Harrison and so forth...

Black@Gold Forever32
10-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Nope....really the Steelers are off to a historic start on the lack of creating turn overs in the first six games........

LarryNJ
10-19-2011, 04:34 PM
You're both correct. You can beat an average team sometimes and the poor teams without TO's. But you'll seldom beat a good team if you don't win the TO battle.

LatrobePA
10-19-2011, 04:37 PM
They'll come, you gotta get consistant pressure on the QB and get him to want to throw the ball sooner than he'd like. IMO that hasn't happened yet...

Steelers_All_Day_43
10-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Listen, the turnovers will come soon enough. We just have to be patient. We are too talented not to get them. Troy has been so close this year on many plays

steelersbabex25
10-19-2011, 05:11 PM
I agree with everyone. You can't beat teams like the Patriots and Ravens without forcing some turnovers. But, I do think they're getting better on defense with each game. The turnovers will hopefully come soon.

Goodfrom55
10-19-2011, 05:11 PM
As long as the Steelers are not giving it away, I don't worry about the take-aways.

The only thing that concerns me is giving an offense a free 1st down (special teams roughing penalty, or Defensive penalty) when the defense does it's job on 3rd down.

K Train
10-19-2011, 05:16 PM
werent they #1 last year? damn lol

they need woodley to continue making his money while harrison is out

Black@Gold Forever32
10-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Steelers D will force 3 turn overs Sunday vs the Cards...two picks and a fumble.....

Troyisabeast_43
10-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Hopefully the Steelers are saving those turnovers for the games against the Patriots and Ravens because they definitely are going to need them in both of those games for certain...I also agree with you Harrison about the Steelers needing to stop being so careless at times and committing those costly 15 yard penalties that end up ruining good drives or costing them better scoring opportunities.

DIESELMAN
10-19-2011, 10:40 PM
The D just has to stay disciplined and focused on their assignments and the turnovers will start happening. :yellowthumb:

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

BlitzburghRockCity
10-20-2011, 11:36 AM
You have to think that sooner or later they are going to have a break out game and we'll start seeing the ball bounce their way in turnovers. There's just no way you think otherwise considering how close they have come in every game this year. One step quicker here and there and this team has probably 10 interceptions so far.

UKSTEELER
10-20-2011, 11:56 AM
No one has really gone to town on us this season to date.

Even though teams are having more success running the ball on us, the best way to beat us still remains through the air.

I see Zona having a bash at us, so we might see a pick or two this week, as the ball will be in the air a little more often and the QB will be sat back there a little longer.

I've been pretty disappointed with the pressure off the ends, what with Silverbacks not quite right back and Woodley's Millions weighing him down, we've been pretty average.

I'd like to see Woodley, kept more fresh by adding a dose of Carter or Worilds now and again. The Wood is often seen wheezing and lethargic if he's been active the play before. It would also keep the Tackles on their toes.

TheFizzman
10-20-2011, 12:15 PM
The problem with turnover margin stats and the majority of football stats...is that they are each independent observations, and not an actual time trend where you can do regression analysis and forecast future turnovers. So to say that the steelers can't win because of the past independent observations, is flawed. As a stats-esque major (business economics), one will find that football is the HARDEST sport to forecast and predict because of too many dependent variables (who is on the field, weather, who you playing, the aspect of four downs, etc...).

Football is much more a game of matchup analysis, and to be honest, we really have not played a gunslinger this year, except maybe schaub (thats pushing it)...so few INT

And fumbles are the same thing, we have played alot of NFL Stud RB's...(foster, jones, johnson, rice) who don't fumble often.

The turnovers will come...just don't look too much into the stats.

Also, historically speaking, Baseball and Soccer are the easiest to bet on. In case anyone likes making money... :cope:

coldrolled
10-20-2011, 03:40 PM
:yellowthumb:
Steelers D will force 3 turn overs Sunday vs the Cards...two picks and a fumble.....

Cool you found it.. i wondered were my Crystal Homer Ball rolled to. :yellowthumb: