PDA

View Full Version : Hood leads team in QB pressures

mwittman5
10-19-2011, 12:53 PM
I'm not sure if we are allowed to post articles from the post gazette plus blog but there was an article saying Hood leads the team in QB pressures with 12. He leads everybody on our team. Does Smith get the starting job back? I say no.

LatrobePA
10-19-2011, 01:15 PM
"championship" lol

I personally like Hood...

Rampage
10-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Hood catches a lot of flack, but I do like him. Honestly, I would not mind seeing a line consisting of Heyward - Hood - Keisel next year (or this year if the coaches would consider it). Hood gets a really nice push right up the gut and can disrupt plays. He might not be the big fat NT, but he has some athleticism that could be nice at the center of the line.

steelchamp204
10-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Um no, I said Hood should have been starting from week 1. You cant take him out because of what smith "used" to do.

LatrobePA
10-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Smith should only be a back up, Hampton should be traded asap.

Rampage
10-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Smith should only be a back up, Hampton should be traded asap.

Smith and Hampton to the Cards for a couple first rounders and Dockett. Seems reasonable.

Goodfrom55
10-19-2011, 04:39 PM
He might not be the big fat NT, but he has some athleticism that could be nice at the center of the line.

Neither is Haloti Ngata and we all know what type of beast he is.

Ziggy has earned the right to start and Smith to spell him when needed.

Just wish all linemen would get their hands up when rushing the QB, seems like Keisel is the only guy who does it.

LatrobePA
10-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Smith and Hampton to the Cards for a couple first rounders and Dockett. Seems reasonable.

Whiz would do it for sure..

coldrolled
10-19-2011, 04:55 PM

To the raiders maybe? oh crap cinci already got there next two 1st rounders for nothing...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Hood has been doing a pretty decent job in relief of Aaron Smith. It's got to be hard for Smith, missing so much time the last couple of years, and now hurt again. He was having a pretty good game against the Texans until he got hurt.

Hood is the future for us along with Heyward. It's nearly a foregone conclusion that both Hampton and Smith won't return in 2012 so next season you'll see Hood in there full time, possibly still keeping Hoke at NT, and Keisel on the other side in his usual spot.

Goodfrom55
10-19-2011, 06:14 PM
I for one like Chris Hoke; his motor never shuts off - he plays with passion.

tburg68
10-19-2011, 06:49 PM

Which is really good qualities for a backup.

Goodfrom55
10-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Which is really good qualities for a backup.

I suppose they are, but when he gets the chance to get in there, he sually does a good job.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-20-2011, 10:17 PM

I do as well, and I believe the latest stat has the Steelers at 17-1 when he starts a game at NT :D .

Hoke is just one of those likeable guys that comes to work, keeps his mouth shut, plays hard, and does what he's asked. He's a solid backup and always goes 100%. Assuming Hampton is gone next year it's not out of the realm of possibility that Hoke gets the start at NT and they hopefully draft a big time replacement for the future.

Assuming Aaron Smith is done next year too they have some decisions to make about where they are going to play Ziggy full time but so far my money is on him at LDE.

andyg1984
10-21-2011, 12:36 AM
losing hampton, farrior and smith will not hurt... we basically could have two years ago after SB 43 and done just as well as we have .. dang, i wish we traded the raiders for all those guys after what they gave up for seymour lol ..

--- Added 10/20/2011 at 10:36 PM ---

no thanks on a real big time replacement at NT ... i would rather honestly get some better depth at OLB with the option of moving Harrison inside down the road

BlitzburghRockCity
10-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Losing them from a depth perspective is more troubling than from a starting perspective. We're living on borrowed time with so many injuries on both interior lines. I still think Casey can make an impact this year yet, he didn't suddenly forget how to play or do a complete 180 from last year to this year. He had a rough start, no doubt, but so did the whole defense.

Having said that though, getting him back will be a plus for the rotation and I'm sure he's itching to get some action going again. I expect when he does return he'll be playing better. Either way though, the changes on the defensive line are coming and we're seeing what the future could be right now.

Stairwayto7
10-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Really love to see Hood come along!

andyg1984
10-21-2011, 09:03 PM
i really see no drop-off yet without smith and hampton ...