PDA

View Full Version : 5 Things we learned from Steelers vs. Jags

Ctilt
10-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Cold Hard Football Facts shares 5 things they learned in the Steelers 17-13 win over the Jags.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_4354_Steelers_team_report%3A_17-13_win_vs._Jags.html

Goodfrom55
10-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Here's my 5 things (in no particular order):

1. Play 4 quarters
2. Win Special Teams
3. Mix up play calling
4. "New" DL is creating pressure up the middle.
5. On 2nd/3rd and long, forget the homerun ball, go for the high% passes.

LatrobePA
10-18-2011, 03:29 PM
6) I cuss way too much watching this team!

steelersbabex25
10-18-2011, 03:31 PM
7. BA still sucks

Goodfrom55
10-18-2011, 03:32 PM

TO THIS POINT I have been pretty well behaved during games. I flipped out when Mundy roughed the punter, and when Sep punted a 23 yard punt. . .and when Ben kept throwing bombs into a 25 MPH cross wind. . .but otherwise, I was good.

LatrobePA
10-18-2011, 03:45 PM
TO THIS POINT I have been pretty well behaved during games. I flipped out when Mundy roughed the punter, and when Sep punted a 23 yard punt. . .and when Ben kept throwing bombs into a 25 MPH cross wind. . .but otherwise, I was good.

I watch the games w/ family, my mother almost called the cops on me!

pimplydan
10-18-2011, 04:19 PM
I fell asleep in the 3rd quarter , I really did it I had a hard week. But I never did that before , I was alone watching the game that didn't help.

Wallace and Ben are getting pretty good on the bombs , thats good .

The defense is hanging on pretty well , Polamalu is being Polamalu , what a football player .

Its nice to see our running game is coming back , all the backs can do the job , that"s awesome .

This team has not yet peaked , which is in fact very good , we have to save the best for last .

I am pleased so far , but also realize we have to get MUCH better , lets see what happens .

Patriots and Ravens back to back coming up soon , that's when we will get an idea how good we really are .

coldrolled
10-18-2011, 04:25 PM
its hard to stay awake when we make one first down in 2 qtrs...

Goodfrom55
10-18-2011, 05:31 PM

Oh this is not the norm for me. Usually it's bad. But when the kids are under foot, I have to set some kind of example - or at least that's what my wife says.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Shaun Suisham is gonna cost us when it really matters. Ranked: Not to good.

By the way, here is our latest depth chart according to the NFL...
http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/depthchart?team=PIT

SteelDad
10-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Shaun Suisham is gonna cost us when it really matters.

We talked about it on the show last nite. No confidence in him outside 40 yards period.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Raleigh Steel
10-18-2011, 07:42 PM
7. BA still sucks

8) windy days means great conditions for long passes...in bruce's world

BlitzburghRockCity
10-19-2011, 09:08 AM

I find myself almost not being able to get mad at this team anymore, I just shake my head and think "here we go again". They're so up and down, so injured, have so much potential, make so many bonehead play calls, and what have you that I just can't help but sink my head down and just hope they can somehow pull out a win.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Just another one of them years.

LatrobePA
10-19-2011, 09:29 AM
I find myself almost not being able to get mad at this team anymore, I just shake my head and think "here we go again". They're so up and down, so injured, have so much potential, make so many bonehead play calls, and what have you that I just can't help but sink my head down and just hope they can somehow pull out a win.

I don't blame the injuries as much as I blame the coaches. IMO you do not try 46 yard FG's, you do not keep throwing bombs..etc etc etc

steelers4life66
10-19-2011, 09:37 AM
That happened to me. Not my mother, the neighbors two doors down. They thought me and the old lady were having a knock down drag out. :greengrin: Told the cop, na we're just watching the game. He just laughed and told me to hold it down a bit. Now in the fall when the windows are up. Everyone on the block knows when the Steelers are playing. :lol:

LatrobePA
10-19-2011, 10:16 AM
That happened to me. Not my mother, the neighbors two doors down. They thought me and the old lady were having a knock down drag out. :greengrin: Told the cop, na we're just watching the game. He just laughed and told me to hold it down a bit. Now in the fall when the windows are up. Everyone on the block knows when the Steelers are playing. :lol:

Haaaa... The way this team has played I've been close to knocking the old lady, dog, cat, fish, tv, couch, around!!

steelersbabex25
10-19-2011, 10:26 AM

I do the same, just because I now know how annoying it is to be with fans who scream the entire game. The Steeler bar that I go to is now filled with annoying 16 year olds every week and whenever the defense is chasing down the opposing QB, they're all yelling "GET HIM, GET HIM!" I'm like :fcs: what do you think they're trying to do right now?

steelers4life66
10-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Haaaa... The way this team has played I've been close to knocking the old lady, dog, cat, fish, tv, couch, around!!
Where did you get the photo of my dog for your avatar??
http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss75/steelers4life66/IMG_0145.jpg

LatrobePA
10-19-2011, 12:16 PM
LOL, I love my Boston's I have two, Maggie is in the avatar and hates any New England team despite being from Boston.. lol

steelers4life66
10-19-2011, 12:41 PM
LOL, I love my Boston's I have two, Maggie is in the avatar and hates any New England team despite being from Boston.. lol
They are neat little dogs. Very high strung the first couple of years. Her name is cassie. I've had her since she was 5 week old. She's going on 17 now believe it or not. She still get around good tho. Little stiff in the morning. :lol:

LatrobePA
10-19-2011, 12:49 PM
They are neat little dogs. Very high strung the first couple of years. Her name is cassie. I've had her since she was 5 week old. She's going on 17 now believe it or not. She still get around good tho. Little stiff in the morning. :lol:

Very cool, they certainly love people and kids.. They got some stanky rear ends though!!

steelchamp204
10-19-2011, 02:39 PM
1. Dont get to pass happy throwing deep all the time.
2. Protection was good.
3. Dline rush was good
4. Farrior and Foote looked quicker
5. Brown and Sanders still need so seasoning
6. Heath was huge and always will be (if thrown to)
7. BA' still a dumbass

steelers4life66
10-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Very cool, they certainly love people and kids.. They got some stanky rear ends though!!
:rofl: They are known for bad gas.