PDA

View Full Version : Now that Worilds is coming back, who would you start at OLB?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Worilds is coming back to the lineup this week after a quad injury that's kept him out of the lineup the last couple of games. With Timmons playing his spot and doing a decent job at it, would you hand over the reigns to Worilds and put Timmons back in the middle, or leave Timmons on the outside and keep Worilds in reserve?

#94 has such great speed and quickness that he's definitely an asset on the outside as well as inside. Plus both Farrior and Foote have been playing well on the inside in the last 2 weeks. You can make the case for leaving Timmons out there and then if something happens with one of the inside 2 backers you can move Lawrence back to his natural position and then bring in Worilds.

On the other side of the coin, Worilds needs experience to see if he's going to live up to his potential. He had a pretty sub par camp and preseason so I would hope he's anxious to redeem himself and show what he's got.

The more I think about it I'd probably stick Worilds in there and see how he does for the time being.

K Train
10-18-2011, 02:46 PM
not even a question, keeping getting timmons reps, he'll find himself comfortable on the outside shortly....especially since the old MLBs are doing a fine job (did sly play much?)

worilds is atrocious against the run and an all around poor player. Poor mans clark haggans, yuck

BlitzburghRockCity
10-18-2011, 03:06 PM
So would you label him a bust already? He's in his second year so yes I'd like to see him making more of an impact. There are linebackers coming right out of college that step in an play well. I was hoping Worilds could be that guy. Maybe he still can be, he's got the raw pass rush skills.

I agree with you against the run, he just get blown up.

LatrobePA
10-18-2011, 03:08 PM
worilds is atrocious against the run and an all around poor player. Poor mans clark haggans, yuck

See I could say the same for Timmons playing outside..

Goodfrom55
10-18-2011, 03:15 PM
I say move LT back to the middle and put Worilds at ROLB and see what happens. For God's sake, he is a 2nd round pick and at SOME point, he has to contribute to this team. And if it doesn't work, move LT back outside and put Foote in the middle.

K Train
10-18-2011, 03:24 PM
See I could say the same for Timmons playing outside..

first start at OLB was a bit shaky, but id bet if he gets the start again hes gonna look more like a grown *** man out there.

LatrobePA
10-18-2011, 03:28 PM
first start at OLB was a bit shaky, but id bet if he gets the start again hes gonna look more like a grown *** man out there.

I trust ya, but it's a hard pill to swallow not seeing him on the stats sheet.

K Train
10-18-2011, 03:30 PM
I trust ya, but it's a hard pill to swallow not seeing him on the stats sheet.

its kinda hard to show up on a stat sheet when woodley steals it and runs away marking his own stats down. he took **** over, it was refreshing to see that before december

LatrobePA
10-18-2011, 03:34 PM
its kinda hard to show up on a stat sheet when woodley steals it and runs away marking his own stats down. he took **** over, it was refreshing to see that before december

Very true.

Deviouz1
10-18-2011, 03:36 PM

:hilarious:

Steelers_All_Day_43
10-18-2011, 03:50 PM
On pass rush downs, put LT back in the middle and bring in Worilds at OLB

Black@Gold Forever32
10-18-2011, 03:55 PM
I would start Timmons at OLB but move him around....let him lineup in the middle and bring Worilds in at OLB at times..........Timmons has Troy like skills so use to the best of his ability.....But Timmons has been a ghost at his two starts at OLB.......

coldrolled
10-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Its the Cards and Beanie would be a good test for worilds... let him play.

If it gets ugly.. make the change back to timmons.

Sly should play this week too.

Obviously we have pads on once a week now and the steelers are using soft teams as practice games for Ben.. so the young guys need to get time in games..

McClendon played good last week again.. he is already showing his power..

K Train
10-18-2011, 04:02 PM
mcclendon looked pretty slim too. he and hood both looked better than hoke at NT

SteelDad
10-18-2011, 04:06 PM
I still go back to the way Coach Butler talked about Worilds in training camp. Had very few positive things to say... Keep LT on the edge and spell him occassionally with Worilds if you want to move LT inside at all.

NC Joker
10-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Like Tomlin said if its not broke don't fix it. Keep the line up we have on passing situations throw him in at olb and move Timmons back to the middle. That will give the old studs in the Middle rest and give Jason some playing time.

JensK
10-18-2011, 05:57 PM
mcclendon looked pretty slim too. he and hood both looked better than hoke at NT

Which is not all too bad because Hoke was not looking bad compared to how Hampton performed.

tburg68
10-18-2011, 05:58 PM
Steelers starting D without Harrison should be

Kiesel, Hood, Heyward--D-Line
Woodley, Sylvester, Farrior, Timmons--Linebackers
Taylor, Troy, Mundy, Gay/Lewis--D-Backs

K Train
10-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Steelers starting D without Harrison should be

Kiesel, Hood, Heyward--D-Line
Woodley, Sylvester, Farrior, Timmons--Linebackers
Taylor, Troy, Mundy, Gay/Lewis--D-Backs

cosigned

Nolrog
10-18-2011, 07:26 PM
I'd start Worilds. He was a 2nd round pick. We need to find out if he's any good, or if we wasted yet another 2nd rounder.

connecticutsteel
10-18-2011, 09:08 PM
So would you label him a bust already? He's in his second year so yes I'd like to see him making more of an impact. There are linebackers coming right out of college that step in an play well. I was hoping Worilds could be that guy. Maybe he still can be, he's got the raw pass rush skills.

I agree with you against the run, he just get blown up.
55 hasn't played at all which makes me think he is struggling he is turning into a bust
93 hasn't played enough to be a bust but hasn't looked as good this year

Stairwayto7
10-18-2011, 09:40 PM
I say move LT back to the middle and put Worilds at ROLB and see what happens. For God's sake, he is a 2nd round pick and at SOME point, he has to contribute to this team. And if it doesn't work, move LT back outside and put Foote in the middle.

I agree with most of this LOL! First Timmons hasnt been great on the Outside, he has given up the corner a few times. Worlids needs reps let him play! I think the kid has agme and we need the depth!

steelers4life66
10-18-2011, 10:01 PM
like I said in another post here. I think AZ is gonna try and pass all over us so, Putting Timmons back inside cuz of his speed would be our best bet. Foote and Farrier have done good at stopping the run but, I don't think they can hang if AZ gets pass happy with the quick pass.

SnakeEyes43
10-18-2011, 10:48 PM
I say give Worilds his reps now against a bad team and see how he does. If he blows, then go back to Timmons at OLB for the Pats and Rats.

I think Worilds will do just as good as Timmons has been doing at that position. I don't know where you guys see that Timmons is doing good at OLB, I don't remember hearing his name once last week. So far this year I'm a tad disappointed in Timmons, I was expecting dominance this year from him. I love the guy, but I guess I was hoping that the experience he's had starting the last few years, plus the big $$ would equal beast mode. So far not happening.

And I love the idea of Mundy over Clark, I said that last year.

LatrobePA
10-18-2011, 10:57 PM
I say start him..

SteelCityVoice
10-18-2011, 11:19 PM
Need to see what you have in Worilds. He's the backup outside linebacker so put him in there. Timmons is a better fit inside. Time for Foote to go back to the bench.

Worilds/Farrior/Timmons/Woodley is my starting 4 for this week.

coldrolled
10-19-2011, 05:37 AM
55 hasn't played at all which makes me think he is struggling he is turning into a bust

55 is usually the first man in the tackles on ST.. not sure he is a bust. obviously he is a big fast player... but we dont need a big fast blitzing ILB, we have Foote. It would be nice to see him try though.

and where is gibson now?? speaking of busts..

Urbik starts for the Bills, so he is not a bust yet..

Summers is where? :greengrin:

UKSTEELER
10-19-2011, 06:48 AM
To get better and to improve, Worilds and Sly both need to see a lot more proper gametime.

It's hardly any wonder they look rusty and a bit lost when out there at first, they haven't played any proper, intense, it matters football for a couple of years!

jpele
10-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers LB Lawrence Timmons hasn't played well at outside linebacker in the last two games with LB James Harrison (eye) out, so the team could go in another direction. LB Jason Worilds (quadriceps) could return for Week 7, and he would replace Timmons.

Link (http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=747752-steelers-lawrence-timmons-could-be-out)

JensK
10-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Not a big Worilds fan but I don't think you can ignore how much of a force Timmons has become on the inside. Sure, Foote is playing decently enough but Timmons is just a disruptive force in there. I would rather get a 100 % from him and then get no sacks from one of the sides. It is not like Worilds don't know how to apply pressure he just can't finish and wrap up. He is also not all that great in run-support but I believe that having Timmons back on the inside should compensate for that.

connecticutsteel
10-19-2011, 10:15 AM
I would like to see JW in a regular season game before i pass judgement preseason isn't an indication of anything .So i don't think moving LT back inside would upset the apple cart. Personally i thought LT would get some penetration but it hasn't happened

Big T
10-19-2011, 11:12 AM

Sylvester was picked in the 5th round and quickly became our best Special Teams player. How is he a bust? Lol

tburg68
10-19-2011, 03:51 PM
but we dont need a big fast blitzing ILB, we have Foote

Foote is neither big nor fast. I love his effort, but he wasn't great in his prime, and that passed 5 years ago.

It's definitely Sylvester Time.

coldrolled
10-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Foote is neither big nor fast. I love his effort, but he wasn't great in his prime, and that passed 5 years ago.

It's definitely Sylvester Time.

that was sarcasm :yesnod: i am very sarcastic... go sly...:cope:

tburg68
10-19-2011, 06:40 PM
that was sarcasm :yesnod: i am very sarcastic... go sly...:cope:

Subtly sarcastic even..........:yellowthumb:

Cricker24
10-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Ed Bouchette just Tweeted:

Pouncey "limites" on #steelers injury report w left elbow injury. Worilds too after aggravating quad. Mendenhall added, knee

LatrobePA
10-20-2011, 04:57 PM

Pouncey "limites" on #steelers injury report w left elbow injury. Worilds too after aggravating quad. Mendenhall added, knee

Sweet... This team is a bunch of *ussies!! Everytime you look someone is hurt!

connecticutsteel
10-20-2011, 08:25 PM
not even a question, keeping getting timmons reps, he'll find himself comfortable on the outside shortly....especially since the old MLBs are doing a fine job (did sly play much?)

GENERALLY I AGREE with you K-Train but i don't think Worilds HAS PLAYED ENOUGH SNAPS to know weather he is any good or not
sly is not our best special teasms player to me it's curtis brown sly is starting to make stupid penalties and he didn't cover the on side kick during the titan game

Farrior Fan
10-20-2011, 10:16 PM

what the heck does that even mean? Jesus the editing done by some online folks is beyond what Ryan Clark would term a mentally handicapped person.

Is Pouncey hurt? I haven't seen anything......