PDA

View Full Version : So just how good is Baltimore?

SteelDad
10-17-2011, 05:34 PM
They defeated Houston, the Jets, us and St. Louis. 3 of the 4 are under .500. It becomes more and more clear to me that opening week was their Super Bowl. To be fair, we were horrible in that game but Flacco's only other good game was against the Rams.

I think the defense is playing pretty well for them but thats it.

Not sure how much stock to put into the Ravens yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Steelers_All_Day_43
10-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Listen, the rats will go as far as Rice and Flacco take them.

steelers4life66
10-17-2011, 06:15 PM
I've noticed teams have been getting pressure on flacco. If our D is healthy and cuz we play them 2 times a year and are playing at our house we stand a good chance of beating them.

mwittman5
10-17-2011, 06:42 PM
To beat them we have to stop Rice (easier said than done), and have our O-line give Ben enough time to make plays and not get hit and fumble. Don't forget the Steelers made 7 turnovers in the first game, that will get you blown out every time against good teams. It was still only 21-7 at the half too.

jwmann2
10-17-2011, 07:20 PM
The Ravens still have more division games against the Bengals and Browns as well. I could see them going 4-2 in the AFC North and getting the AFC Wildcard with the Ravens getting maybe a 2 seed. All speculation. The Steelers are going to come ready to play against the Ravens. Week 1 everyone was just glad there wasn't a lockout and was so rusty from the lack of an offseason. From Weeks 9 on we will see who the real teams are.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2011, 07:24 PM
People talk about Ben being inconsistent, but Flacco is just as much so. He's up and down and every week. They will indeed go as far as Rice can take them, Flacco won't lead them to a super bowl. As long as their defense plays lights out and they can run the ball they'll be a contender.

I have no problem whatsoever in saying that the Steelers will welcome them to Heinz in a few weeks and get a win. Our team realizes you can't lose to a divisional opponent twice and expect to be in the playoffs with any decent seeding.

steelersbabex25
10-17-2011, 07:28 PM
I have no problem whatsoever in saying that the Steelers will welcome them to Heinz in a few weeks and get a win. Our team realizes you can't lose to a divisional opponent twice and expect to be in the playoffs with any decent seeding.

All week one and really week two games are pretty much a scratch in my mind. Teams had basically no time to prepare and no time to come up with a solid gameplan to open the season, so every game was pretty much a tossup. That being said, the fact that the Steelers generally play up or down to their opponents does give me some sense of optimism for the upcoming games.

LatrobePA
10-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Ben has been there done that, he has no excuses, Flacco does IMO!

Ben can't be an every other week QB. he is the dagger to the rats..

Scorp
10-17-2011, 07:49 PM
You all will see when they either don't make the playoffs or get knocked out of the playoffs.

SteelDad
10-17-2011, 08:02 PM
I have a hard seeing Bmore NOT making the playoffs. Pats will take East. NYJ and Buf will tank. South will go to who knows? West is SD's to lose so I cant see us or the Ravens not making the playoffs. Big question which I think we all know the answer to is just how good is Cincy?

LatrobePA
10-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Cinci will beat us once this season.. We will end up 2nd at best..

Speeed
10-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Honestly, I think they are good enough to beat us pretty good a second time. It kills me to think that, but that in my opinion if the reality. Unless. of course, we really turn it around. I think there D is in the zone, and is only going to get better. Ed Reed is a monster. Rice is easily one of the best players in the league right now.

I just hope we can pull it out. I think Baltimore is a legit SB team.

They defeated Houston, the Jets, us and St. Louis. 3 of the 4 are under .500. It becomes more and more clear to me that opening week was their Super Bowl. To be fair, we were horrible in that game but Flacco's only other good game was against the Rams.

I think the defense is playing pretty well for them but thats it.

Not sure how much stock to put into the Ravens yet.

connecticutsteel
10-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Honestly, I think they are good enough to beat us pretty good a second time. It kills me to think that, but that in my opinion if the reality. Unless. of course, we really turn it around. I think there D is in the zone, and is only going to get better. Ed Reed is a monster. Rice is easily one of the best players in the league right now.

I just hope we can pull it out. I think Baltimore is a legit SB team.

not a chance with a rookie qb it will never happen

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Cinci will beat us once this season.. We will end up 2nd at best..

So will the stains. We might take the 2nd ravings game but, I am not countin on it.

SnakeEyes43
10-17-2011, 09:34 PM
not a chance with a rookie qb it will never happen

I think he was talking about the Ravens beating us a second time and being a legit SB contender.

Troyisabeast_43
10-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Even if the Steelers lose to the Patriots in 2 weeks and still beat the Ravens and Bengals the following 2 weeks and go into the bye week at 7-3 with still 3 division games to play their odds of winning the AFC North and still getting a top 2 seed in the playoffs is going to be pretty solid. The Ravens game is a MUST win the Steelers need to get it if they have any hope of still winning the North. As Ive said on here many times before the Ravens schedule is way too easy and you just cannot continue to play catch up with them down the stretch and expect them to all of a sudden go in the tank because it most likely is not going to happen...

cmerrifield
10-17-2011, 11:21 PM
It will help to have Starks back, Suggs just lines up on whichever side didnt give help against him or J. Scott's side because Scott is terrible. I think Starks against Suggs is a more even match up. That will make a huge difference for Ben.

uclkyle
10-18-2011, 01:31 AM
I think the Ravens are a good team, not elite. Flacco stinks in the playoffs and can't win the big game, and for anyone pointing to week one.....any game in September is hardly a big game. I wasn't worried with the week one loss. It's one game, Baltimore hates us b/c they are tired of losing to us. We will be fine in a couple of weeks against them, probably win. I see us getting the 5th seed on the playoffs. No matter what happens in a few weeks against them.....I still like our changes in December against them. Flacco is OK, lights it up in September, is horrible in December. Not scared of their receivers, Rice doesn't run like that against us again, their o-line is average. Not worried about their DBs. Their front 7 scare me and I worry about their pass rush. Would rather have our team. Oh yeah....and wanna still complain about BA? Go ask a Baltimore how Cam Cameron sits with them. I say they hate their OC more than we hate ours.

Goodfrom55
10-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Ravens are opportunistic. Where the ball bounces off the facemask of our secondary and harmlessly falls to the ground, theirs picks it and takes it to the house.

coldrolled
10-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Oh yeah....and wanna still complain about BA? Go ask a Baltimore how Cam Cameron sits with them. I say they hate their OC more than we hate ours.

The Rat fans are hating the wrong man.. They have half the offensive players we have... Cam is not the problem.. Flacco and his WR's are.

We are blaming ben and the swirling wind here, but BA is our problem, because we have the best players and Ben, we have no game plan... :imho:

LatrobePA
10-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Cinci = #1 defense, our offense will struggle against them. I can see them taking the 2nd spot and us watching the PO's from home this season!

cmerrifield
10-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Cinci = #1 defense, our offense will struggle against them. I can see them taking the 2nd spot and us watching the PO's from home this season!

We will see, if we do come out of the next three games 0-3, then I want to end up 7-9 or 6-10 and get better draft picks, then miss the playoffs and get the 19th pick

Steelersfan
10-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Like it or not the Ravens are one of the best teams in the AFC easily. They have done what they need to do (just see scores) with the exception of the week 2 let down. I don't care who scored (offense or defense) for them just as I wouldn't and haven't cared all the times the Steelers D has carried the team.
I still think the Steelers will be ready for them and win the 2nd matchup. I'm more worried about a let down against the Bengals.

Speeed
10-18-2011, 12:05 PM
That is correct.

I think he was talking about the Ravens beating us a second time and being a legit SB contender.