PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuel Sanders

jpele
10-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Is it time to sit him and make him study his play book before he sees the field again ? He seem lost at times and I think we might get more production from Cotchery.

Perhaps he need to spend at least as much time watching film as he spends on facebook.

E.Sanders Tar.......Rec

Week 1.... 3.........2
Week 2... 3.........2
Week 3... 5.........2
Week 4... 2.........1
Week 5... 3.........0
Week 6... 4........ 1

steelersbabex25
10-16-2011, 07:26 PM
You might as well say the same for Antonio Brown. Neither of them seem to know the playbook very well.

Also, you can go ahead and mark those 3 non catches from today on Ben. He overthrew Manny almost everytime.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Manny did have a nice catch today for a big first down. Both he and AB still have issues running the correct routes, we can hope that improves as the year goes on. Plus we have to remember it takes a long time for a receiver to be able to read his Quarterback the way that Ben, Heath, and Santonio can do. When Holmes was here, he was so in tune with Ben it was uncanny.

Stone
10-16-2011, 07:50 PM
I can't say that Ben missed Sanders when it seems to always be Sanders, if he runs the wrong route Ben will always miss him. How often does Ben miss Hines, or Wallace?

Sitting him with the understanding that the team can't afford him to be on the field when he doesn't run the right routes should get his attention.

Big T
10-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Ben overthrew Emmanuel on at least two deep balls when he was wide open. Can't blame him for that.

SnakeEyes43
10-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Ben overthrew Emmanuel on at least two deep balls when he was wide open. Can't blame him for that.

Ben seems to be doing that a lot this year. Balls just seem to sailing on Ben, for whatever reason. And then he can't seem to lead Wallace enough!

SteelCityVoice
10-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Ben seems to be doing that a lot this year. Balls just seem to sailing on Ben, for whatever reason. And then he can't seem to lead Wallace enough!

Probably can't plant and fire like he wants to cause of the foot.

steelersbabex25
10-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Probably can't plant and fire like he wants to cause of the foot.

Would be a reasonable explanation, but he had a problem with overthrowing receivers long before the foot injury.

uclkyle
10-17-2011, 12:34 AM
I just think its tough to learn the WR position in the NFL. For whatever reason, most WRs can't just come and play in their first few seasons. Look at guys like Burress, Santonio, Wes Welker, even Calvin Johnson, T.O., and the list goes on. It's rare to see a guy come in and dominate as a rookie or second year guy (although some have). I think we have to patient with Sanders and AB.

NorCalSteel
10-17-2011, 06:02 AM
I think they are out of sync, but Ben missed passes to everybody in the second half.. Sanders running down field and Ben just out throws him 2 times has to be on Ben also..

Steelers_All_Day_43
10-17-2011, 06:42 AM
A lockout will do that

Nolrog
10-17-2011, 06:44 AM

Didn't the announcers say on one of them that Sanders wasn't going full out? Thought I heard that.

Dee Mca
10-17-2011, 02:52 PM
I don't think the time that E spends on Facebook in anyway effects his play on Sunday. I guess in his own way he is giving something back to the average working fan that can't afford to go to that game on Sunday. It isn't like he is on Facebook 24/7. How long does it really take to read some comments and comment back to someone. I agree with the comment that Ben's timing or the receivers running the wrong routes could be linked to the lockout or in case of last couple weeks Ben's foot injury.

connecticutsteel
10-17-2011, 08:47 PM
This is the point i was trying to make in another thred put Cotchery in with hines and wallace this will motivate ab and es to run better routes and study Cotchery knows how to run routes

Dee Mca
10-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Ok so if we do put Cotchery in for AB or ES do we put in Batch or Dixon when Ben continues to overthrow the receivers?

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Running wrong routes and overthrowing somebody are 2 different things...and yes I do remember the announcer saying that he wasn't going all out on the one deep ball,for whatever that's worth...