PDA

View Full Version : Suisham is the most inconsistent kicker ever

steelersbabex25
10-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Love Suisham as a person, starting to hate him as a kicker. He came in last year and really proved himself for his first few games as a Steeler, but I'm starting to really have enough of him. Let's not even talk about the fact that he could very well be the only kicker in the NFL that can't get it into the endzone every time, but he can't kick a 30+ yard field goal at Heinz Field. He just can't do it. A 47 yarder is far, but it's by no means impossible, and he wasn't even close. Sorry, if you can't kick a long field goal in your home stadium, bye. Have a nice life. Let's get someone in here who can.

SteelDad
10-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Everything going left just like the super bowl. Like a golfer holding the club too tightly he just isnt swing through the ball with any ease. Seems like a miss from that distance before he even kicks it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

steelersbabex25
10-16-2011, 06:43 PM
It wasn't even that he missed it, it was that he wasn't even anywhere close to the uprights. That kick didn't have a chance right from the get go. That wasn't a 60 yards field goal attempt. It was 46 yards. Most NFL kickers would make that pretty easy.

LatrobePA
10-16-2011, 06:57 PM
He's not real good! The other kicker we have should be mentioned too, what was that garbage today punting?

In Sushi's defense, Tomlin should of never sent them out there, that was a go for it one for me..

steelersbabex25
10-16-2011, 06:58 PM
He's not real good! The other kicker we have should be mentioned too, what was that garbage today punting?

In Sushi's defense, Tomlin should of never sent them out there, that was a go for it one for me..

Wouldn't be a go for it one if we had a kicker who could make that field goal. But yes, knowing that Sushi will never make a 46 yard field goal at Heinz Field, we should've gone for it on 4th down.

SnakeEyes43
10-16-2011, 06:59 PM
I have no confidence in him when I see him run onto the field. And that's not even under a pressure circumstance, like the Playoffs. I feel bad, like you said, he seems like a great guy, but I just feel like he should have been replaced this year. And no, this isn't because of a missed FG, I felt this way during the preseason. What happened to Swayze Waters? :grin1:

LatrobePA
10-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Wouldn't be a go for it one if we had a kicker who could make that field goal. But yes, knowing that Sushi will never make a 46 yard field goal at Heinz Field, we should've gone for it on 4th down.

Right I would of just went for it..

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Sushi is 7-11 this year so far with a long of 48 yds. I agree, he's been too inconsistent so far this season. It's not like his kicks are "just outside the upright" or from 65 yds out. He's missing them badly. There's no excuse for an NFL kicker to not be automatic inside the 45 yd range, none!

jpele
10-16-2011, 07:53 PM
With Suisham anything over 30 yrds scares me. remember the missed 36 yarder in the Colts domre no less.

Troyisabeast_43
10-16-2011, 07:54 PM
They are definitely going to need Suisham to start making those kicks in the next few weeks with the Patriots and Ravens both coming to town. You know both of those games are going to be close and Sushi cant afford to be missing kicks anymore or it then will become a serious serious problem...

Speeed
10-16-2011, 08:58 PM
"The most inconsistent kicker ever?"

A bit reactionary methinks. Is he not as good as we would like? I would say yes. Quite average. A little much on the thread title I believe.

Love Suisham as a person, starting to hate him as a kicker. He came in last year and really proved himself for his first few games as a Steeler, but I'm starting to really have enough of him. Let's not even talk about the fact that he could very well be the only kicker in the NFL that can't get it into the endzone every time, but he can't kick a 30+ yard field goal at Heinz Field. He just can't do it. A 47 yarder is far, but it's by no means impossible, and he wasn't even close. Sorry, if you can't kick a long field goal in your home stadium, bye. Have a nice life. Let's get someone in here who can.

steelersbabex25
10-16-2011, 09:06 PM
"The most inconsistent kicker ever?"

A bit reactionary methinks. Is he not as good as we would like? I would say yes. Quite average. A little much on the thread title I believe.

Obviously he isn't the most inconsistent kicker ever..who am I to make that judgement? I don't know every kicker that's played the game. It just sounded like a good way to get the point across.

It's not really reactionary at all though. He's been very off and on ever since the playoffs last year. And if he can't make these kind of kicks in non pressure situations, I will never trust him to make the clutch kick when we're down by 2 points to the Ratbirds and there's 2 seconds left in the 4th quarter. Even if it's a chip shot, he's far from being Mr. Automatic.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-16-2011, 09:15 PM
We don't need drama in the kicking team to go with the offense b.s. Can't we just find a kicker on waivers or get someone from I don't know Canada? (Do they kick up there? If they do they should be great down here with the crap weather they are already used to.)

SteelCityVoice
10-16-2011, 09:47 PM
He was inconsistent for the teams he played for before coming here. He just happened to get off to a good start for the Steelers and now some people think he's a solid kicker.

Scobee knew how to kick 45+ yarders today, you'd think the home team kicker would as well.

Heck Utah's kicker did a good job kicking at Heinz Field yesterday. Maybe they should bring him in next year.

SnakeEyes43
10-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Get Swayze Waters back!!! Lol. :stirpot:

steelersbabex25
10-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Not to mention the fact that Sweezy had almost perfect conditions today. Good weather, no precipitation, and almost no wind. It'll be lots of fun to see how he fares once the freezing rain and the wind and the snow come to town. And by fun I mean :banging:

coldrolled
10-17-2011, 09:32 AM
Wow right.. there has to be a field goal kicker in america somewhere...

connecticutsteel
10-17-2011, 09:50 AM
if he can't make a 46 yrd field goal he's not an nfl kicker he misses alot of kicks i say give Waters another look he can't be any worse and he can kick a touch back everytime so there won't be any issues on special teams

SteelDad
10-17-2011, 09:58 AM
I was on Waters bandwagon all along. Bring back Roadhouse!!!

Troyisabeast_43
10-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Suisham's FG misses could really begin to stand out the next few weeks if he does it in games that are going to be close against the Pats,Ravens,and Bengals where every single point is going to be accounted for. He needs to turn it around and turn it around now...We saw Suisham make a ton of big kicks last season down the stretch so we know he is capable of doing it. Im not going to throw him under the bus completely just yet or give up on him but there is definitely a sense of urgency and more of a concern on my part when he gets sent out there to kick anything beyond 40 yards.

Rampage
10-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Suisham should be on the hot seat right now. You are a FG kicker. You are supposed to kick field goals for a living. He doesn't. He shanks them. Okay, it's one thing if they are asking him to kick some 64 yarder, but they aren't. He is missing on a bunch of realistic kicks and this team should be getting to the point where if it is 35 yards or longer, they may as well go for it on fourth down, because this guy isn't going to do it. Imagine a high pressure kick to win the game from 48 yards out against Baltimore: We're screwed, may as well have Sepulveda kick it. I'm sorry, Suisham seems like a good guy and he kicked well last season, but he isn't doing it this year. Just like any other job, shape up or ship out. Hopefully he gets his head into the game sooner rather than later.

Speeed
10-17-2011, 11:54 AM
That I agree with!

Obviously he isn't the most inconsistent kicker ever..who am I to make that judgement? I don't know every kicker that's played the game. It just sounded like a good way to get the point across.

It's not really reactionary at all though. He's been very off and on ever since the playoffs last year. And if he can't make these kind of kicks in non pressure situations, I will never trust him to make the clutch kick when we're down by 2 points to the Ratbirds and there's 2 seconds left in the 4th quarter. Even if it's a chip shot, he's far from being Mr. Automatic.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-17-2011, 04:45 PM
It's not reactionary when you're kicker has had this issue in the past with being consistent. Now maybe the thread title was alittle over the top :lol: but still we all know that Sushi had a really solid year in 2010 and then things started to go alittle south in the postseason and now it's continued here this season.

steelersbabex25
10-17-2011, 04:48 PM
After we picked him up, all the Redskins fans were laughing their asses off. And after he was so good the first few games after he got to Pittsburgh I was like SEE! HE IS GOOD! And now I'm like... :hide: