PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall running like he's been watching Redman

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2011, 06:02 PM
Rashard Mendenhall returned to the lineup after missing a week with a hamstring injury and looked like the Mendy of old.

23 carries for 146 yds. and 1 TD. Long run of 68 yards showed that hamstring is just fine. I really thought he was going to take it to the house but the Jags were able to get the sideline angle and force him out. He was running today like a guy running with purpose, with a chip on his shoulder if you will. Perhaps he was taking some notes watching Redman and Dwyer run it last week?

On that long run, he took the handoff, hit the hole in the middle of the line and just took off. No wasted movements, just get it and go. That's what you love to see. They made most of their living running off the right side today, which is nothing new. Credit Foster and Scott for sealing that left side and opening up lanes for the running game. I liked everything I saw out of him and Redman today.

It's never been a question of his ability; we know he's a good carrier. However today we watched really take advantage of the lanes available to him. He kept the legs going and ran through tackles on a regular basis.

mwittman5
10-16-2011, 06:11 PM
That was like a carbon copy of his AFC championship game. Power running with the ability to get around the outside.

Speeed
10-16-2011, 06:15 PM
He has been watching Redman - he watched him for a full hour last week!

steelersbabex25
10-16-2011, 06:17 PM
He ran well today. Still wish Redman got more carries than he did.

Danger DANJ
10-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Mendenhall watching Redman? What? Mendenhall has been playing like that for the past couple of seasons and before Redman was even around. Why is everyone so enamored with Redman?

As long as the O-line continues to block well, Mendenhall will have a lot more games this season like he did today.

I still like Redman though and would like to see him get a few more carries per game. I think he had just 4 today. I guess Dwyer took a couple of carries away from Redman.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2011, 07:12 PM
I say "run like he was watching Redman" because of the struggles that Rashard has had this season and his running style. Redman and Dwyer made a living on the ground vs the Titans by making 1 move and taking off. Being very decisive in their decision making once they got the ball.

Nobody ever said Mendenhall is washed up or hasn't done it in the past. However in the past, his running style is to pick and choose his hole often times and the way the Steelers line was through the first 4 weeks, you just can't do that. Now last week and this week the line has played much better vs the run.

Mendenhall is a feature back, you'll get no argument from me. However, it's clear this week that for the first time this year he really was able to hit the hole quickly and decisively and make the play. That's what you need with a line that is in flux.

SnakeEyes43
10-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Mendy certainly looked healthy today. He did a great job, but I still want to see Redman and Dwyer get more carries. STOP the 50 yard bombs every other play and pound the ball when you have the lead!

K Train
10-17-2011, 12:56 PM
he was pissed off because of all the ridiculous redman hype stemming from this website

steelchamp204
10-17-2011, 01:13 PM
he was pissed off because of all the ridiculous redman hype stemming from this website

Yea, we know you dont like Redman :grin1: Mendy is Gods gift to the steelers and does nothing wrong, a down field runner and the should be the MVP every year :lol:

TampaSteelGirl
10-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Yea, we know you dont like Redman :grin1: Mendy is Gods gift to the steelers and does nothing wrong, a down field runner and the should be the MVP every year :lol:

:rofl:

I think Ktrain shuts his eyes when Redman is pounding thru that line, extending the play and getting those crucial yrds we need......you know beautiful things like that...it's so sad!

K Train
10-17-2011, 01:41 PM
yeah...redman is sooooo impressive, everytime he touches the ball i think to myself OMG what will he do next?!?!?!?! you people really let twisting and turning for an extra yard go to your head. Hes gary russell with 10x the hype

jpele
10-17-2011, 02:23 PM
yeah...redman is sooooo impressive, everytime he touches the ball i think to myself OMG what will he do next?!?!?!?! you people really let twisting and turning for an extra yard go to your head. Hes gary russell with 10x the hype

I find that more impressive than running into the back your lineman and falling for no gain.

Mendy had a good game yesterday because he's worried about remaining a starter which shows his attitude, he has the ability but could care less until pushed.

A quality rb doesn't need to be pushed to play his best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelersbabex25
10-17-2011, 02:30 PM

We get it. We all understand. For the millionth time, you don't like Redman. You've made your point clear. And made your point clear. And made your point clear.

SnakeEyes43
10-17-2011, 03:38 PM
@ Ktrain hating on Redman AGAIN :whatever:

steelchamp204
10-17-2011, 03:38 PM

Whats all the hype about Mendenhall :eek1: Hes like willy parker but does spin moves :yesnod:m O and selected early in the draft :lol:, but seriously dude, whats your prob with Redman, did he not sign an autograph for you or something?

tburg68
10-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Whenever I see these stupid threads that compare Mendy to Redman I want to shoot myself.

I respect the effort that Redman gives on every carry, he's the "lunch pail, extra effort" back. Maybe that's why Steeler fans love him so much, that and the fact he is the backup.

Mendhall is a superstar 1000-1500 yard back. A full season of Redman as the starter would net him 700-800 yards. Mendy is twice the back Redman is.

TampaSteelGirl
10-17-2011, 05:34 PM

Good God...how old are you anyway????

steelersbabex25
10-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Whenever I see these stupid threads that compare Mendy to Redman I want to shoot myself.

I respect the effort that Redman gives on every carry, he's the "lunch pail, extra effort" back. Maybe that's why Steeler fans love him so much, that and the fact he is the backup.

Mendhall is a superstar 1000-1500 yard back. A full season of Redman as the starter would net him 700-800 yards. Mendy is twice the back Redman is.

Very few of us have said that Redman should be the starter, something that you and a few others here should consider before you type up condescending posts about people "comparing Mendy to Redman." Redman should be the goal line and short yardage back. Period. That is all. End of story.

coldrolled
10-17-2011, 05:51 PM
if we had a real OC with brains. this would not be a conversation.

we are stuck with this crap of an offense. i said it before its not the players its the idiot BA. he hides the best part of each player.

was there one planned pass to a RB in the flat in BA's game plan yesterday?

imo.. if we are going to give more time to a RB, give it to Dwyer, he has true upside and great ability. Redman should gain 20lbs and be our FB..

tburg68
10-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Very few of us have said that Redman should be the starter, something that you and a few others here should consider before you type up condescending posts about people "comparing Mendy to Redman." Redman should be the goal line and short yardage back. Period. That is all. End of story.

Agree with your assessment of Redman. Disagree with your sensitivity to words typed in a forum. Plus take a little time and read the love for Redman. I'm not exaggerating.

steelersbabex25
10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Agree with your assessment of Redman. Disagree with your sensitivity to words typed in a forum. Plus take a little time and read the love for Redman. I'm not exaggerating.

I have read every thread about Redman on this forum, and every poster with some sense hasn't said anything but Redman should be getting more carries. Not all the carries. Just more carries.

/trust me, I'm not sensitive at all to what is put on this forum. Anyone on here will tell you that.

Stairwayto7
10-17-2011, 07:56 PM
I have read every thread about Redman on this forum, and every poster with some sense hasn't said anything but Redman should be getting more carries. Not all the carries. Just more carries.

/trust me, I'm not sensitive at all to what is put on this forum. Anyone on here will tell you that.

You way more sensitive than you let on! LOL NOT!

Anyway more carries I agree, the most carries? Only if he is the hot back at the time. If he is hitting the hole hard with success go with the hot back! But game planning Mendy is the starter right now! :imho:

jwmann2
10-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Mendenhall needs a little more time to find his legs and get back into mid-season form. Football requires a feel to it that takes time to regain...especially coming off of an injury like a hamstring injury which plagues so many players.

K Train
10-18-2011, 12:38 PM
in 2 years starting mendenhall puts up 2400 yards and 20 TDs and a slow start makes him a bad player, or even worse...not as good as a player as a less than average redman? come on

hes so much better than redman will ever be, not cause hes a first round pick, not cause hes the starter, not cause he makes more money...its more along the lines of he proves it week in and week out. people still butt hurt over the superbowl fumble kemo cause and a slow start running behind an offensive line that 3-4 of the players on it are not NFL quality starters. give me a break, watch them play and its not even close

steelersbabex25
10-18-2011, 02:02 PM
in 2 years starting mendenhall puts up 2400 yards and 20 TDs and a slow start makes him a bad player, or even worse...not as good as a player as a less than average redman? come on

hes so much better than redman will ever be, not cause hes a first round pick, not cause hes the starter, not cause he makes more money...its more along the lines of he proves it week in and week out. people still butt hurt over the superbowl fumble kemo cause and a slow start running behind an offensive line that 3-4 of the players on it are not NFL quality starters. give me a break, watch them play and its not even close

Did you not read what I just said..

K Train
10-18-2011, 02:43 PM
i dont think he should get more carries, maybe in blow out wins but no one is gonna be gameplanning for issac ****ing redman. Once all this smoke settles around redman being even remotely close to the skill level of mendenhall maybe everyone will see the top 10 back we have carrying the ball is gonna do a fine job.

redman is a backup, and not even a good one...i could see him getting FB reps, he seems to be a decent blocker and a decent reciever out of the backfield....but like i said before a little twisting and turning for an extra yard or 2 has gone straight to the heads of a majority of a fan base....its seriously baffling

Blazedby92
10-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Some people just hate to be wrong "Redman will NEVER SNIFF the roster"
"Sweed is going to be the MAN", "Either on the Steelers or some other team" Where's he at now,LMAO
"Hood sucks and always will" I could go on forever.

The whole thing about it nobody wants Spindy to fail he does that himself, the ONLY thing Spindy has that Redman does is speed that is it and the thing Redman has that Spindy doesn't is Tremedous balance and Heart plus he isn't scared of contact.

They complement each other "Night and Day" neither has the complete package. All Spindy needs to be is a scat back 1 or 2 downs to spell Redman. Russell was never any good.

Dywer has the best upside cause he can be complete but he dances too much and drops his head before he hits the hole too and he is the second coming of Lendale White LAZY

steelersbabex25
10-18-2011, 02:47 PM
i dont think he should get more carries, maybe in blow out wins but no one is gonna be gameplanning for issac ****ing redman. Once all this smoke settles around redman being even remotely close to the skill level of mendenhall maybe everyone will see the top 10 back we have carrying the ball is gonna do a fine job.

redman is a backup, and not even a good one...i could see him getting FB reps, he seems to be a decent blocker and a decent reciever out of the backfield....but like i said before a little twisting and turning for an extra yard or 2 has gone straight to the heads of a majority of a fan base....its seriously baffling

Nobody is saying that he should be getting more carries than Mendenhall. But the fact that he does twist and turn for an extra yard, which is what you just admitted, is reason enough to put him in on goal line situations and short yardage situations instead of Mendenhall, who picks up none or negative yards on quite a few of his carries. How can you not see that?

K Train
10-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Some people just hate to be wrong "Redman will NEVER SNIFF the roster"
"Sweed is going to be the MAN", "Either on the Steelers or some other team" Where's he at now,LMAO
"Hood sucks and always will" I could go on forever.

The whole thing about it nobody wants Spindy to fail he does that himself, the ONLY thing Spindy has that Redman does is speed that is it and the thing Redman has that Spindy doesn't is Tremedous balance and Heart plus he isn't scared of contact.

They complement each other "Night and Day" neither has the complete package. All Spindy needs to be is a scat back 1 or 2 downs to spell Redman. Russell was never any good.

Dywer has the best upside cause he can be complete but he dances too much and drops his head before he hits the hole too and he is the second coming of Lendale White LAZY

lol sweed, cant argue much there.

and hood still sucks everywhere except UT and NT, right where he should have been playing all along, inside a 43.

redman was a training camp hero, no doubt about it....came back and made the roster his second year....good for him i guess, so did gary russell, and your right...russell was never anything special, but you cant seriously tell me you think redman falls under the catergory of "something special". Hell even this year dwyer and moore have outshined him every chance they got....and dwyer has poor conditioning and moore kind of sucks.

calling mendenhall a scat back at best is just insulting and idiotic....please go bury your head in a hole.

and please...if you could go on forever please do, you nitpick about my thoughts on sweed (who gets a sad face) and hood and redman, what else you got? best you could probably do is thaddeus gibson, whom i miss every time jason worilds takes the field

K Train
10-18-2011, 03:02 PM
Nobody is saying that he should be getting more carries than Mendenhall. But the fact that he does twist and turn for an extra yard, which is what you just admitted, is reason enough to put him in on goal line situations and short yardage situations instead of Mendenhall, who picks up none or negative yards on quite a few of his carries. How can you not see that?

you act like redman is a sure fire 5 yards a carry guy...he was poor against the titans, and that was his moment to show what hes got...one that dwyer took instead. Ive always said hes got terrific balance, i dont deny that...and yeah he does fight for yards, but people act like hes this steam roller that crushes the opposition. mendenhall gains plenty of yards, hits the hole plenty hard, and is a way more complete back...not a "scat back" like previously mentioned

the title of this thread is even ridiculous, cause redman has so much to teach other backs? give me a break

Blazedby92
10-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Redman isn't nothing special but neither is Mendy.
Instead of me saying things about Redman Please tell me what's "special" about Mendy and then maybe we can understand your thinking. Mendy's are a dime a dozen "speed back" guess it's always worked for the Raiders NOT!!

K Train
10-18-2011, 03:20 PM
mendenhall is not a speed back, not a scat back, where are you looking? hes 5-10 225 with 4.45 speed....good speed for a runner his size, but not speedy. Hes a great receiver even tho he isnt used that way, hes got excellent vision compared to willie parker, hes light on his feet and hits the hole fast...

look at the backs he was drafted with that year....mcfadden, stewart, johnson, charles, rice, forte, felix, slaton, choice

Slaton=scat back
Felix=scat back
choice=backup
charles=scat back, even tho he was a fantasy stud, a part time runner in KC
forte=weak runner, excellent receiving back
Cj=Phony imo, but still a top 5 back, all speed
Mcfadden=slow start, but top 5 back, all speed
Stewart=unknown, never seen him in that role
Rice= oddly durable utility back

Realistically one of the best RB classes ever....but mendenhall is probably the most complete out of all of them....in that he can run hard, run fast, catch, block, and has been durable. Might not be on Mcfaddens/Johnsons level, but certainly on par with rice, forte, and better than charles, felix, stewart...ect

i just dont understand the sudden abrubt hate for mendenhall, it had to have been the superbowl cause everything was fine when flo and starks were paving the way before that, even the year before that when colon established himself as a premier drive blocker....the misfits just arent cutting it this year, its that simple and mendenhall and ben are suffering because of it...even the mighy redman cant be too effective believe it or not

steelersbabex25
10-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Stop being so dramatic, nobody HATES Mendenhall. We would like to see Redman get more than one carry a game, especially because he's proven time and time again that he is more than capable of picking up the tough one or two yards in key situations.

Blazedby92
10-18-2011, 03:56 PM
You say it's the best RB draft of all time and then you go on to throw every back under the bus except Mendy so you don't really support you own opinion cause it isn't saying much about Mendy since they all suck.

He runs hard....when???
He's a puss that's why he isn't complete
That's is honestly the ONLY THING I don't like about Mendy is he runs scared right to the sideline.

Give Mendy redman's balance,heart and courage to run it up the gut and not fall down after first contact ( either with opponent or his own teammate) he can be complete.

K Train
10-18-2011, 04:00 PM
You say it's the best RB draft of all time and then you go on to throw every back under the bus except Mendy so you don't really support you own opinion cause it isn't saying much about Mendy since they all suck.

He runs hard....when???
That's is honestly the ONLY THING I don't like about Mendy is he runs scared right to the sideline.

Give Mendy redman's balance,heart and courage to run it up the gut and not fall down after first contact ( either with opponent or his own teammate) he can be complete.

im not really throwing any of them under the bus...maybe felix and slaton, most are top 10 RBs though, and even choice as a backup is getting trade offers today...just pointing out their one-dimenionalness, something that i dont think mendenhall (and stewart actually) arent at all. Everyone wants adrian peterson out of mendenhall, thats just not realistic.

dont even act like youve never seen mendenhall run hard...jeez

coldrolled
10-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Dwyers is a better RB than Redman, Redman needs to be the Fullback.

Saunders needs to play more too.

BA need to be fired so we actually use a Fullback and RB on 3 and short and not always 5 wide.

K Train
10-18-2011, 04:07 PM
dwyer is tough to pin point...im not sure who has a job because batch got hurt...dwyer or moore

hes definitely packed on some pounds in a squishy belly kind of way, but hes got some nice instincts and light feet its just tough to gauge how good he is yet, i thought he was a steal but that was dwyer at GT -35 pounds

cmerrifield
10-18-2011, 04:16 PM
dwyer is tough to pin point...im not sure who has a job because batch got hurt...dwyer or moore

hes definitely packed on some pounds in a squishy belly kind of way, but hes got some nice instincts and light feet its just tough to gauge how good he is yet, i thought he was a steal but that was dwyer at GT -35 pounds

Dwyer at this point is purely a ball carrier. Its his weaknesses at blocking, catching passes, etc that keeps him from getting a helmet when everyone is healthy. I think he is a better runner than Redman, but Redman can do the other stuff much better.

Also AFC championship game last year, Mendy had 1/2 his yards after contact.

steelersbabex25
10-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Also AFC championship game last year, Mendy had 1/2 his yards after contact.

Better than his 0 combined yards after contact this year.

K Train
10-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Better than his 0 combined yards after contact this year.

oh quit being so dramatic :rolleyes:

steelersbabex25
10-18-2011, 04:30 PM
oh quit being so dramatic :rolleyes:

Obviously that was dramatic.

tburg68
10-18-2011, 05:52 PM
This thread almost makes me hope for a Mendenhall season ending injury so everyone can enjoy Redman fighting really hard with good balance for his 2.9 yard average.

steelersbabex25
10-18-2011, 06:02 PM
This thread almost makes me hope for a Mendenhall season ending injury so everyone can enjoy Redman fighting really hard with good balance for his 2.9 yard average.

Stop making these things up in your head. NOBODY on this thread has said that Redman should be the starter. Nobody.

K Train
10-18-2011, 06:07 PM

hey man hes got heart

tburg68
10-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Stop making these things up in your head. NOBODY on this thread has said that Redman should be the starter. Nobody.

Me thinks thee protests too much. LOL

Redman is getting enough carries right now. If Mendy is healthy, there isn't a better alternative to take any carries away from him. If anything, Dwyer shoud be the number two back.

Goodfrom55
10-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Mendy is the horse first and foremost. Red and / or Dwyer are complimentary backs, as is Mewelde when healthy.

steelersbabex25
10-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Me thinks thee protests too much. LOL

Redman is getting enough carries right now. If Mendy is healthy, there isn't a better alternative to take any carries away from him. If anything, Dwyer shoud be the number two back.

Methinks thee brings up the same point over and over too many times.

tburg68
10-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Methinks thee brings up the same point over and over too many times.

And you keep responding to it.

steelersbabex25
10-19-2011, 06:51 PM
And you keep responding to it.

Wouldn't have to respond if you didn't keep saying it.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-19-2011, 07:13 PM
I really liked Rashard Mendenhall coming out of college and was thrilled when he fell to the Steelers....I have mixed opinions on his career as a Steeler so far......I don't agree Mendenhall has great vision...I think his vision is average at best really.......I also question his heart and overall toughness......I think Mendenhall is a good NFL RB but there is nothing special about him...He will not receive contract number 2 from the Steelers......RB's are a dime a dozen........

tburg68
10-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Wouldn't have to respond if you didn't keep saying it.
Somebody holding a gun to your head, forcing you to type responses?

steelersbabex25
10-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Somebody holding a gun to your head, forcing you to type responses?

You saying incorrect things over and over again is kind of making me want to shoot myself in the head, yeah.

andyg1984
10-20-2011, 12:44 AM

hate to hop in so late, but that is pretty much why i stopped coming on the site the past two weeks lol...

i just hope one day we can all acknowledge that memo is useless ..

steelersbabex25
10-20-2011, 12:55 AM
hate to hop in so late, but that is pretty much why i stopped coming on the site the past two weeks lol...

i just hope one day we can all acknowledge that memo is useless ..

Stopped coming on the site because people had opinions? Ok..

You must not have been on any other forums either, because I can guarantee you this is a topic of discussion on every other Steeler forum also.

Farrior Fan
10-20-2011, 08:50 AM
I just had to do a quick analysis on these two after all the back and forth on here.
VS Ravens
Mendy 12 for 45 3.75 ypc long 23
Redman 3 for 12 4.0 ypc long 7
Neither had any receptions
VS Seahawks
Mendy 19 for 66 3.47 ypc long 11 Rec 2 for 12 yards
Redman 10 for 49 4.9 ypc long 20 Rec 1 for 6 yards
VS Colts
Mendy 18 for 37 2.05 ypc long 15 Rec 3 for 9 yards
Redman 3 for 6 yards 2.0 ypc long 3 Rec none
VS Texans
Mendy 9 for 25 2.77 ypc long 9 Rec. none
Redman 6 for 40 6.67 ypc long 18 Rec 1 for 12 yards
VS Titans
Mendy OUT
Redman 15 for 49 3.26 ypc long 12 Rec 3 for 12 yards
VS Jags
Mendy 23 for 146 6.35 ypc long 68 no receptions
Redman 4 for 22 5.5 ypc long 11 1 rec for 2 yards

From what I can see Redman is holding his own vs Spindenhall. Actually if you throw out the statistically insignificant difference in ypc in the Colts game, Redman has a better ypc in 3 out of 4 games. I will admit that I don't like Rashard, and no its not because of the fumble in the SB. His dancing and weaving is fine if there is one Defensive player in the backfield but when there are 3 you need to find somewhere to run that is not to the left or right. That said when we have a play designed to go to the outside there is no one in football that I would rather have than Mendy. It comes down to emotion for me, watching Issac get hit and then extend the play another 1 to 5 yards is how I envision Steeler football. Watching Rashard spin 3x and get taken down in the backfield is how you end up with 3rd and 12.

JensK
10-20-2011, 09:12 AM
That you don't like Mendenhall is fine, yet the stats you use needs some perspective in order to make any sense. First of all, it is important to know when Redman actually got his carries. If he is used to spill Mendenhall late-game the number should naturally be a little higher simply because of the exhaustion factor. Also, in the games where Mendenhall started teams have been game-planning against him, not against Redman. Obviously this could lead to the assumption that giving Redman more carries would be the best idea ever since teams don't prepare for him. However, logically that wont work. If he was to get more carries hes role would change and we would start seeing the same kind of production out of him as we saw against the Titans which was quite horrible.

This is not an attempt to defend Mendenhalls performance so far this season cause it has not been great (although he has been behind that unit which is sometimes referred to as an offensive line). Its the same reason why analytics don't measure RBs with less that "x" amount of carries - simply because that only a few carries per game does not prove anything what-so-ever. Granted, it does not mean that Redman should not get more carries per game either (although I don't think that he should).

cmerrifield
10-20-2011, 09:37 AM
It seems that the people who dont like Mendy tend to be the three yards and a cloud of dust people. The "run it up the gut and in the second half they will be so tired we will get yards people." That is fine, but that is not who the Steelers are anymore and frankly, I hate that football. The Cowher era was really hard for me. I dont need the old Steeler smashmouth football, I want to see us put up some points and Ben throw for 3 or 4 TD's a game. But, I will say, if the O-line continues to suck like the first 4 games, then Redman's style will continue to get more yards, however, if the line is getting better (which I think it is), then Mendy's style will work.

tburg68
10-20-2011, 09:52 AM
LOL. And the beat goes on. Several Steeler fans seem to have a problem appreciating a back that is good, when a "high effort" guy is waiting in the wings.

A full season of Redman as the main back would yield at least 650 yards, who wouldn't love that.

**of course Steelersbabex25 is not included in this assessment**

steelersbabex25
10-20-2011, 10:13 AM
LOL. And the beat goes on. Several Steeler fans seem to have a problem appreciating a back that is good, when a "high effort" guy is waiting in the wings.

A full season of Redman as the main back would yield at least 650 yards, who wouldn't love that.

**of course Steelersbabex25 is not included in this assessment**

Last time I'll say it. Maybe if I put it in caps it'll somehow find it's way into your thick skull.

NOBODY WANTS REDMAN TO BE THE STARTER.

cmerrifield
10-20-2011, 10:15 AM
NOBODY WANTS REDMAN TO BE THE STARTER.

that is incorrect, there are a few, I am not saying you are one of them. But there are a few people who want Redman to be the starter.

steelersbabex25
10-20-2011, 10:17 AM
VS Titans
Mendy OUT
Redman 15 for 49 3.26 ypc long 12 Rec 3 for 12 yards
VS Jags
Mendy 23 for 146 6.35 ypc long 68 no receptions
Redman 4 for 22 5.5 ypc long 11 1 rec for 2 yards

If you take out Mendy's 68 yard run in the Jags game, he has an average YPC of 3.5. Obviously a million times better than Redman's 3.3 in the Titans game.

--- Added 10/20/2011 at 08:17 AM ---

that is incorrect, there are a few, I am not saying you are one of them. But there are a few people who want Redman to be the starter.

Okay, sorry. Let me rephrase my statement.

NOBODY ON THIS THREAD HAS SAID THAT THEY WANT REDMAN TO BE THE STARTER.

JensK
10-20-2011, 10:51 AM
If you take out Mendy's 68 yard run in the Jags game, he has an average YPC of 3.5. Obviously a million times better than Redman's 3.3 in the Titans game.

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/small/0908/caps-lock-release-the-anger-caps-lock-demotivational-poster-1249333429.jpg

Sorry couldn't help it :greengrin:

As for taking out mendy's 68y run I don't really understand the point? If you took out Dwyers long run he would not have had a great game against the Titans. If you remove some of Aaron Rodgers TD passes, he would not have a ridiculously high passer rating. That is very much correct only... He did have that long run which was a very good run at that, why would you not count it towards his ypc? I just don't understand the argument.

steelersbabex25
10-20-2011, 10:56 AM
http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/small/0908/caps-lock-release-the-anger-caps-lock-demotivational-poster-1249333429.jpg

Sorry couldn't help it :greengrin:

As for taking out mendy's 68y run I don't really understand the point? If you took out Dwyers long run he would not have had a great game against the Titans. If you remove some of Aaron Rodgers TD passes, he would not have a ridiculously high passer rating. That is very much correct only... He did have that long run which was a very good run at that, why would you not count it towards his ypc? I just don't understand the argument.

I'm not saying it wasn't a good run and shouldn't count towards his ypc. I'm saying that if you take out the one outlier, in all other carries his average gain was not all that great.

tburg68
10-20-2011, 04:09 PM

LOL^^^^^^^^

steelersbabex25
10-20-2011, 04:11 PM
I know. I'm pretty hilarious, right?

coldrolled
10-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Redman should be the FB with Mendy. Both should be in the backfield... Especially on goalline and short yardage..

Then let BA call the pass play to maybe Ward or Miller.

5 Wide on short and 3rd ... Go BA.

K Train
10-20-2011, 05:06 PM

if you take out the rest of the runs he averages 68 yards per carry...wtf are you trying to prove? that all runs should count towards their YPC average unless they are over 10 and inflates them?

thats curving the theory behind YPC towards redman cause hes doesnt have any long runs, he just has "tons of heart and tries really super duper hard on the few yards he does get"

Rampage
10-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Wonder what Ryan Clark would have to say about this thread.

LatrobePA
10-20-2011, 05:30 PM

"pork and beans"

Blazedby92
10-20-2011, 07:10 PM
WOW this thread is still going on, over two above average RB's.:really:
:+1:

JensK
10-20-2011, 07:12 PM
WOW this thread is still going on, over two above average RB's.:really:
:+1:

And this is only the beginning! The o-line looks to be totally shattered once again for Cardinals so Mendenhall will have a bad game, Redman will get 5 carries where one of them is longer than 10y and the debate will start all over again.

Blazedby92
10-20-2011, 07:18 PM
And this is only the beginning! The o-line looks to be totally shattered once again for Cardinals so Mendenhall will have a bad game, Redman will get 5 carries where one of them is longer than 10y and the debate will start all over again.

All I have to say whoever carries the Ball, Good Luck!!!
:herewego::bigtowel:

steelersbabex25
10-20-2011, 07:35 PM
if you take out the rest of the runs he averages 68 yards per carry...wtf are you trying to prove? that all runs should count towards their YPC average unless they are over 10 and inflates them?

thats curving the theory behind YPC towards redman cause hes doesnt have any long runs, he just has "tons of heart and tries really super duper hard on the few yards he does get"

Calm down. The 68 yard run was one good long run that he had all game. I'm not saying that it should be taken away to deflate his oh so important stats. I'm saying that if you look at ever other carry of the game, he really did not do all that well. Not a huge deal. Simmer down.

Farrior Fan
10-20-2011, 09:53 PM

If you disagree with me on this subject you are a retard....not my words, just his.

TheButt
10-20-2011, 11:21 PM
He runs hard....when???

And thats the bottom line. Bravo...