PDA

View Full Version : Injuries Today ; Polamalu concussion symptoms, Legursky dislocated toe

SteelDad
10-16-2011, 04:59 PM
We know for sure Doug Legursky is hurt. Left in the first half with left foot injury.

Troy left after a great stop on MJD. "Consussion-like" symptoms.

Chris Hoke was said to have a stinger. Return was questionable throughout.

Edited with updated injury info on Monday:

Strong safety Troy Polamalu made one of the plays of the game Sunday for the Steelers, then left for good because of concussion-like symptoms.
Polamalu injured himself while taking out the legs of Jacksonville running back Maurice Jones-Drew on third-and-1 with 9 minutes, 36 seconds left in the game.
The injury is not believed to be serious, and coach Mike Tomlin said after the 17-13 win that the Steelers held out Polamalu because they "wanted to err on the side of caution."

Polamalu, who stopped Jones-Drew short of a first down, did not address the media after the game.

In other injury news, starting left guard Doug Legursky left at the beginning of the second quarter with a dislocated toe on his left foot. He did not return. Nose tackle Chris Hoke left later in the quarter after sustaining a stinger and also did not return.
Hoke said he hopes to play Sunday when the Steelers visit the Arizona Cardinals.
"I've just got to take it day by day," he said.

From the Trib (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/Steelers%27%20Polamalu%20pulled%20for%20safety%20r easons%20-%20Pittsburgh%20Tribune-Review%20http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_762228.html#ixzz1b20CLnF5)

nuclearchihuahuas
10-16-2011, 05:02 PM
We know for sure Doug Legursky is hurt. Left in the first half with left foot injury.

Troy left after a great stop on MJD. "Consussion-like" symptoms.

Chris Hoke was said to have a stinger. Return was questionable throughout.

We cannot afford to lose any of these guys for any amount of time! Every one start praying now!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Legursky couldn't put any weight on that leg at all. He spent all of about 5 minutes on the sideline before going to the locker room. It looked initially like a sprained ankle or the dreaded achilles injury. He didn't really get hit on the play where he injured but his leg got twisted up pretty good.

SteelDad
10-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Per Tomlin... Legursky a dislocated toe.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Yeah just heard that on the presser. Hopefully Troy is able to get healthy and shake off those symptons of the concussion.

Man I was really worried about Legs, the way he was limping off was not good at all.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Doug Legursky goes down today, Essex has to come in. The next up in line had someone else gone down would have been Jamon Meredith. Gilbert was already out, J. Scott was in him and Legs was in for Kemoeatu. Tomlin has got to realize sooner or later you have to start dressing more than 7 offensive lineman. He's living on borrowed time.

Now you can say that maybe they don't have enough healthy bodies to dress more guys but at this point you might consider activating some PS players. Hopefully Kemo will be back next week, although it's rumored he'll miss one more game. If Gilbert can get back and Legs can tape up that toe we might be able to manage.

The injuries are just crushing this team right now, the depth is being tested like we haven't seen in a long time. Can it hold up? only time will tell.

Katmandu
10-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Don't forget that a dislocated toe ENDED JACK LAMBERT's career!

Steel Trap86
10-16-2011, 06:23 PM
He dove head first at his knees. Troy needs to stop using his head as a f$%$#! torpedo. I know his game is gritty like that, but there's too many concussions from head shots in sports today (mostly hockey), but nobody wants to see 43 go down for a year just to stuff a couple yards.

Nolrog
10-16-2011, 08:07 PM
With the NFL rules on concussions does that mean Troy is out the next 2 weeks?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2011, 08:31 PM
According to Ed Bouchette, literally just a few seconds ago...

it appears Troy Polamalu's wooziness was not serious and that he will play next Sunday in Arizona. Coach Mike Tomlin described it as "concussion-like symptoms,'' and not a concussion. I spoke with some people who told me Polamalu will be "okay.''

LatrobePA
10-16-2011, 10:00 PM
I.e: bell rung!

Nolrog
10-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Coach Mike Tomlin described it as "concussion-like symptoms,'' and not a concussion.

Honestly, BRC, I take that with a grain of salt. Anytime they call it a concussion, it automatically trips a certain protocol with certain downtime, recovery, etc. Just because Tomlin didn't call it a concussion doesn't mean it's not one. We'll see how he responds later in the week. I'd say he's questionable (at best) right now for next week.

SnakeEyes43
10-16-2011, 10:59 PM
I hope Troy plays, I'm flying out to the Arizona game!

I think he just got his bell rung, didn't look like a concussion to me.

coldrolled
10-17-2011, 10:51 AM
i think his own team mate wacked him in the head to hard for a good play... i cant remember who, but they did..

LatrobePA
10-17-2011, 10:57 AM
i think his own team mate wacked him in the head to hard for a good play... i cant remember who, but they did..

Clark...

Troyisabeast_43
10-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Clark...

That was really really stupid on Clark's part doing something like that. Clark has been doing a lot of stupid things this year it seems like in terms of committing late hits after plays are over and costing the Steelers valuable yardage...

--- Added 10/17/2011 at 09:57 AM ---

Doug Legursky goes down today, Essex has to come in. The next up in line had someone else gone down would have been Jamon Meredith. Gilbert was already out, J. Scott was in him and Legs was in for Kemoeatu. Tomlin has got to realize sooner or later you have to start dressing more than 7 offensive lineman. He's living on borrowed time.

Now you can say that maybe they don't have enough healthy bodies to dress more guys but at this point you might consider activating some PS players. Hopefully Kemo will be back next week, although it's rumored he'll miss one more game. If Gilbert can get back and Legs can tape up that toe we might be able to manage.

The injuries are just crushing this team right now, the depth is being tested like we haven't seen in a long time. Can it hold up? only time will tell.

The injuries and the depth of the team will really be tested the next 3-4 games here with the Pats,Ravens,and Bengals all due up 3 weeks in a row. Hopefully we are able to survive an injury free week and game in Zona next Sunday and get some of these offensive and defensive lineman back in time for the Pats and Ravens game. Any chance that Jame Harrison will be back by the Ravens game or do you think the Steelers will error on the side of caution and rest him and bring him back after the bye at the end of November?? Personally, I think if Harrison is out longer it put him in better shape for the stretch run and the playoffs as we head into late November and early December. Although I would love to see him come back in time for the Baltimore game...

steelers4life66
10-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Strong safety Troy Polamalu made one of the plays of the game Sunday for the Steelers, then left for good because of concussion-like symptoms.
Polamalu injured himself while taking out the legs of Jacksonville running back Maurice Jones-Drew on third-and-1 with 9 minutes, 36 seconds left in the game.

The injury is not believed to be serious, and coach Mike Tomlin said after the 17-13 win that the Steelers held out Polamalu because they "wanted to err on the side of caution."
Polamalu, who stopped Jones-Drew short of a first down, did not address the media after the game.

>> Ben Roethlisberger, who completed 12 of 23 passes for 200 yards, admittedly did not have his most accurate game. He said the swirling winds may have been an issue. "I have to make the necessary adjustments to purely focus on driving the ball and spinning it through the wind," he said. "When it is blowing, you have to put a lot of spin on the ball, and I wasn't doing that. It is something that I can easily change."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_762228.html?utm_source=bleacherreport.com&utm_medium=referral

Scorp
10-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Good news. Hope he makes it Az. Thanks for posting.