PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Defeat Jags 17-13; Why Does It Feel Like a Loss?

SteelDad
10-16-2011, 03:57 PM
What a pathetic second half performance by the offense today. This is the place to unload. Have at it.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-16-2011, 04:01 PM
It should have been absolute domination by the Steelers. I was truly hoping for several D takeaways. I think we are in deep deep trouble!

Big T
10-16-2011, 04:02 PM
It's all on the offensive line. That unit is the reason that no matter who we play, they'll have a chance.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-16-2011, 04:03 PM
wrong word choice. we didn't defeat them. we just luckily won this one. imo.

LatrobePA
10-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Ben went from hero in the 1st to zero in the 2nd. Throw in there our current punter sucks we almost lost a game that should of been a blow out.

Oh yea play calling was horrid as usual..

Diehardsteel
10-16-2011, 04:07 PM
After week one I expected and still expect most games to be this close but there's one thing. What team shows up to play VS the Pats and Ravens. That two game stretch very well could seal our fate.

steelersbabex25
10-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Did anyone else think the score was gonna be 50-0 after the first quarter....

Stairwayto7
10-16-2011, 04:49 PM
:Please delete didnt notice another thread like this one

Raleigh Steel
10-16-2011, 04:54 PM
this is what i said on the prediction thread:

Originally Posted by Stone View Post
I predict that Arians will revert to what he does best and we will struggle to win with Ben winning it with the no-huddle 21-17

until arians can show consistency with what actually works...and not his normal brain dead game plan....i won't feel comfortable that the steelers will not struggle. plus they have a tendency to play down to their competition.

so i agree with stone on this one.

steelers 23
jags 16

looks like bruce proved me almost correct again.

Iron Paul
10-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Did anyone else think the score was gonna be 50-0 after the first quarter....
Just once, I'd like to see them play a full game i.e., FOUR QUARTERS! The first half looked like a [B] complete blow-out. But then we were totally outplayed in the second half. Last week, Ben got his passes off quickly. Today, he threw bombs, was sacked on at least two occasions and fumbled the ball. Yes, a win is a win, but we were lucky to say the least against a bottom dweller.

[b]--- Added 10/16/2011 at 04:38 PM ---

Ben went from hero in the 1st to zero in the 2nd. Throw in there our current punter sucks we almost lost a game that should of been a blow out.

Oh yea play calling was horrid as usual..
You got that right!!

Deviouz1
10-16-2011, 05:51 PM
trouble vs a terribad jags team, trouble vs the colts with 2/3 string qb.

yeah, we're definitely in trouble. dont expect brady to overthrow anyone very often. if someone gets by taylor in that game its going for 7. bank on it.

Nolrog
10-16-2011, 07:05 PM
That's 2 wins this year that were greatly unsatisfying against competition that was very inferior.

This game should have ended 35-3 after that first half.

Very troubling team.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Give credit to the Jags; they fought and fought and didn't give up. Gabbert said earlier in the week that they were only a few plays away each game from being 3-2 instead of 1-4. A win is a win is a win, ugly or not we're still 4-2.

steelers4life66
10-16-2011, 09:14 PM
If Ben had been on target with the deep ball I think we'd be singing a slightly deferent tune. What was it, like 4 over throws that was a easy 7.

LatrobePA
10-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Jagoffs took the underneath stuff away, our OC had nothing to combat it with thus we stunk up the joint!!

DBR96A
10-17-2011, 03:24 AM
The offensive line played well today, with the exception of two costly penalties on the failed FG drive. The real problem was the game plan, which was compounded by Ben losing his accuracy in the second half. Of course, his accuracy was probably bound to suffer, given the high-risk nature of deep passes every other play.

Did the offense really need to attempt five, six deep passes this game? Did anybody else notice how predictable the play-calling was on first and third down in the second half, with all but two first-down plays being runs, and most third-down (and long) plays being seven-step dropbacks? All the Jaguars defense had to do was guess on second down, and if they guessed correctly, then everything else fell into place for them.

The game against the Titans proved to me that Ben and the offense are perfectly capable of executing a precision/timing game plan if they try, much to the dismay of the "Ben is overrated" crowd. The problem is, they don't try often enough, and that's an indictment of the man whose job it is to formulate the game plans. After this season, it's time for Bruce Arians to go, and for the offense to move in a different direction.

As for our defense, I think I've figured out the problems with the run defense. Every time an offensive line flows in a certain direction on a run play, there's almost never a guy in position on the back side of the line to prevent the RB from cutting back, so most cutback runs go for several yards at a time. This is how Arian Foster got his big TD run, and also how Ray Rice got so many yards.