PDA

View Full Version : Flank Steak

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2007, 05:33 PM
This is my favorite dinner ever. Ive been eating since I was a kid and never get tired of it. It's really pretty easy too.

This recipie depends highly on how much you want to make so keep that in mind.

-Marinate the flank steaks or you can use london broil too, for atleast 24 hours in French dressing (the original french dressing, not the red french)

-Broil the steaks in your oven till the outside is cooked fully and they start to curl up on the ends alittle. Be careful you don't over cook them or they'll get tough. You can pull it out while the inside is still pink because it will continue to cook while you cut it. Do not pan fry or grill the steak, it won't taste right trust me.

-Use an electric knife and cut THIN strips AGAINST the grain of the steak, that's very important.

-Use a baking pan and put the strips of steak in along with more French dressing on low heat so they continue to marinate while you finish your side dishes and such.

Serve with Velveeta cheese potatoes described in this thread (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3075) and fresh corn and you've got one helluva dinner ! Trust me !

Stairwayto7
01-15-2007, 06:14 PM
French Dressing ? Wow! I will definitley try it! I`ll put them on the menu and grill Thursday

floodcitygirl
01-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Sounds like a good one TG!

floodcitygirl
02-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Here's another marinade for flank steak....really good.

3/4 cup veg oil
1/3 cup soysauce
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp redwine vinegar
2 tsp ground ginger
1 green onion, chopped
1 lrg garlic clove crushed

Combine those ingredients.
Place 1 1/2 lb flank steak in a glass baking dish and pour marinade over.
Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning steak twice.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-25-2007, 10:02 PM
hhhmmm soy sauce, I get that would be good !

House of Steel
02-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Making this for the tailgate Draft Party?

BlitzburghRockCity
02-25-2007, 10:09 PM
We could, but it's a pain in the butt hauling all that stuff out to Pittsburgh from Central PA since it can't be frozen. I could maybe bring out a couple though.

BlitzburghNation
02-26-2007, 12:50 AM
BEEF,,,,,,,,it's whats for dinner !

House of Steel
02-26-2007, 10:28 AM
It is going to take a miracle for me to make it to the draft party. I would love to try your Flank Steak.

SteelersWoman
03-02-2007, 02:05 AM
...-Marinate the flank steaks or you can use london broil too, for atleast 24 hours in French dressing (the original french dressing, not the red french)

I think the only kind I've ever seen is the red kind--where do you get the original, what brand is it, and what color is it? Sounds like it'd be really good...if I can't find any original french, I could try FCG's recipe, that one sounds realllly good too...