PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Hines practice anymore?

connecticutsteel
10-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Week after week i see Hines DNP not injury related but he plays and we have a faster veteran on the bench in Cotchery . Before everyone thinks i hate ward i don't but i think Cotchery should get some work he good in the middle of the field and has great hands

pimplydan
10-16-2011, 09:44 AM
Please , Hines and Ben just got it together , the route running and timing these 2 have is phenominal .

Ask yourself with the game on the line inside the 10 yds line with 1 play left , who can you count on to make the td for the win ?

A. Ward

B. Cotchery

:thinking: .......................................anything esle you like to talk about ?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Hines and other veterans like Keisel, Harrison, Farrior, Polamalu, etc. regularly get veterans day off during the week. These guys know what they're doing, missing a practice isn't going to hurt them at all.

It's not that Cotchery is a bad WR, in fact he's very good. He know going into this season that his chances for playing time would be limited because the Steelers are stacked at WR as it is. If Cotch is needed, he'll be ready. Keep in mind too that Jerricho has been fighting a hamstring injury since the beginning of the year.

Rampage
10-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Keep them fresh. For these guys, the knowledge of the game is no longer a concern, nor is chemistry with their fellow players.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Hines and other veterans like Keisel, Harrison, Farrior, Polamalu, etc. regularly get veterans day off during the week. These guys know what they're doing, missing a practice isn't going to hurt them at all.

It's not that Cotchery is a bad WR, in fact he's very good. He know going into this season that his chances for playing time would be limited because the Steelers are stacked at WR as it is. If Cotch is needed, he'll be ready. Keep in mind too that Jerricho has been fighting a hamstring injury since the beginning of the year.

I hope they can put both Hines and Cotch on the field at the same time with Wallace and Brown or Sanders. With everyone focused on the two speedsters, the two slot guys should have a really big day! :tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Ward is 108 in football years....He doesn't need to practice and I think Ward not practicing keeps him fresher for the games......

BlitzburghRockCity
10-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Hines was pretty absent the entire year so far up until last week. Granted the Steelers didn't target him much until he voiced his displeasure before the game last week. He proved that when they call his number he's as reliable as ever.

Remember too, when Ward doesn't practice it gives more time to the young WR's during the week.

connecticutsteel
10-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Please , Hines and Ben just got it together , the route running and timing these 2 have is phenominal .

Ask yourself with the game on the line inside the 10 yds line with 1 play left , who can you count on to make the td for the win ?

A. Ward

B. Cotchery

:thinking: .......................................anything esle you like to talk about ?

who said i said he has to replace hines? and both

jpele
10-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Week after week i see Hines DNP not injury related but he plays and we have a faster veteran on the bench in Cotchery . Before everyone thinks i hate ward i don't but i think Cotchery should get some work he good in the middle of the field and has great hands

If you're watching the game, your question should be answered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk