PDA

View Full Version : No matter how hard they try..........

connecticutsteel
10-12-2011, 10:43 AM
In spite of the week one destruction of the Steelers . The Baltimore Ravens trail the Steelers in all but two statistical catagories on both sides of the ball . The Steelers are ranked #1 in pass defense(174 ypg) to the Ravens#8(212ypg) . Total Defense Steelers#2(282.8ypg) Ravens#3(284.5). Rushing Defense Ravens#9 (72.5)ypg Steelers#16(108.8)

Now we'll see how the offenses stack up(crappy o-line and all) Steelers #12 in total Offense(373.6ypg) Ravens #14 (358.5ypg) Passing Steelers #12 (263.5 ypg) Ravens #18 234.8ypg) Rushing Steelers #17 (109.7ypg) Ravens #9 (123.6ypg)
So with the addition of Starks on the blind side and the emergence of some of the youngsters things in Steeler land aren't as bleek as forecasted in week one :cope::tt02::banana::clap::greenbounce2::imho:

Steelers 31 JAX 3

steelers4life66
10-12-2011, 12:05 PM
:banana2:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2011, 01:05 PM
I always have to smile when I see the stats that are supposed to reflect the team. The Steelers pass defense is indeed not too shabby this year but until they face a litmus test of someone like a Tom Brady then I take the wait and see approach.

Give them credit, they did a good job overall of shutting down everyone since week 1, vs. the pass. Run defense is significantly better as of this past Sunday but there is still a way to go.

I also still do not buy in the Ravens being a great thing this year. Flacco is up and down, hardly consistent at all since week 1. I want to see how these 2 teams go at in November to get a better idea of where we are and where they are. Defense wise, yes they are playing great. Leading the league in scoring and takeaways heading into week 5 I think.

Deviouz1
10-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Defense wise, yes they are playing great. Leading the league in scoring and takeaways heading into week 5 I think.

which just so happen to be the two most important aspects of a championship defense. if you can generate turnovers and score you win. its like having an "I WIN" button. i read somewhere that the SB winning teams historically have great turnover ratios. its one of the things that get them to the SB in the first place. add a scoring defense and youve got something thats pretty hard to overcome.

im not in any way saying theyre going to the superbowl, i think we're going to win a fairly close one at heinz field and that once again steelers ravens will be the best game in the playoffs.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2011, 03:36 PM
The Steelers defense always prides itself on turnovers, that's a big part of what they do. So far this year they finally got the monkey off their back by getting an INT but they are way behind what they usually look to accomplish. Troy has been so close on atleast 8-10 different occasions this year, he's bound to start coming down with some of them soon.

I'm still confident in this team's defensive ability but we have to see if they can continue that same effort from last week. If that happens then I like our chances to really get on a roll.

Goodfrom55
10-12-2011, 03:56 PM
I said it after game one and I say it now, The Steelers are not that Bad, and the Ravens are not that Good. However, when one team commits 7 turnovers and the other commits 0, the game will be lopsided.

STEELyourface
10-12-2011, 03:57 PM
I said it after game one and I say it now, The Steelers are not that Bad, and the Ravens are not that Good. However, when one team commits 7 turnovers and the other commits 0, the game will be lopsided.

:plus1:

Deviouz1
10-12-2011, 04:30 PM

definitely, however, you have to determine the circumstances of the TO's as well. is the offense giving the turnovers or is the defense actually forcing them? if the def is actually forcing them then the def is pretty damn good, if the off is giving them away however then the def is doing nothing but being in the right place at the right time. how many of our turnovers have been forced vs how many we have just given away?

LarryNJ
10-12-2011, 04:34 PM
which just so happen to be the two most important aspects of a championship defense. if you can generate turnovers and score you win. its like having an "I WIN" button.

:plus1:
See the Buffalo Bills :)

STEELyourface
10-12-2011, 04:34 PM
definitely, however, you have to determine the circumstances of the TO's as well. is the offense giving the turnovers or is the defense actually forcing them? if the def is actually forcing them then the def is pretty damn good, if the off is giving them away however then the def is doing nothing but being in the right place at the right time. how many of our turnovers have been forced vs how many we have just given away?

Well, in week 1, most of those TOs were given to them as opposed to forced if my memory holds up. I think I remember 2 being good plays by the ravens D. As poorly as we played in that game, 2 TOs in that instance may have been surmountable.

connecticutsteel
10-12-2011, 08:50 PM
where can i find a site where i can compare Revis to Taylor so i can call mic'd up and tell him Taylor compares

Farrior Fan
10-12-2011, 10:17 PM
As long as Ngata is healthy you can take all of the stats you want and bend them anyway you want. We will never run the ball against him, and I just pray he doesn't get a clean shot on Ben like he did on Sanchez. That guy is unreal and we simply cannot block him. We shoulda kept Max when he weighed 60 more lbs and just had him fall on Ngata.

Deviouz1
10-12-2011, 10:30 PM
can you imagine ngata and suh on the same team?

scary.

Troyisabeast_43
10-12-2011, 11:50 PM
The Ravens fans are filled with jealous rage. The more they trash talk about the Steelers the more jealous and envious they seem.

Farrior Fan
10-13-2011, 12:04 AM
can you imagine ngata and suh on the same team?

scary.

you wouldn't even need CBs or safetys

BlitzburghRockCity
10-13-2011, 08:36 AM
The Ravens are always full of themselves. Even when they don't play well they find someway to justify how great they are and how they should have won. I laugh as much as I get irritated just listening to them run their mouths.

If you're good then you're good, shut up about it. If you suck then you suck, take your lumps like a man and shut up about it.