PDA

View Full Version : What should the starting O-line be?

mwittman5
10-11-2011, 01:12 PM
What do you think the starting O-line should be when everyone is healthy?

Here's mine from left to right:
Starks-Kemo-Pouncey-Foster-Scott

Until Kemo comes back I'd stick with Legursky at LG, he was solid there Sunday.

JShare86
10-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Here's mine obama,mark wahlberg,clooney,darth vader,and Stewie from family guy. (basically who cares Ben is Ben our line always sucks it don't matter who's starting just as long as Jonathan Scott dosent I don't care)

LatrobePA
10-11-2011, 01:23 PM
What they had last Sunday...

Max / Legs / Pouncey / Foster / Gilbert, Scott.

Rampage
10-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Starks - Kemoeatu - Pouncey - Foster - Gilbert (when healthy)

LatrobePA
10-11-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Kemo, he makes too many stupid mistakes.. I thought Legs did some things well this past week..

Rampage
10-11-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Kemo, he makes too many stupid mistakes.. I thought Legs did some things well this past week..

Kemoeatu doesn't excite me, but he isn't a liability. Remember, he has been playing next to weak tackles so far this season and he has a lot of experience next to Starks. Starks - Kemoeatu - Pouncey has some chemistry and experience, so that's what I'd stick with.

steelchamp204
10-11-2011, 02:04 PM
No Kemo please. I hate that guy, Idk why he gets a pass, he sucks.

Goodfrom55
10-11-2011, 09:57 PM

And I think Kemo's a little too big. Sometimes he can't get out of his own way. Let this line work together. Each week they do, they will get better as a unit.

LatrobePA
10-11-2011, 10:21 PM
They had legs pulling and he actually picked up a few nice blocks..

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Starks
Kemo
Pouncey
Foster
Gilbert - when he comes back

We need to keep Marcus out there at RT. He's the future and just needs more time to develop. I'm ok with Kemo out there, he's been fine when playing beside Starks and Pouncey.

Foster is money at RG, he stays put for the rest of the year. He should never have lost his job in the first place.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Any combo that doesn't include that BUM Legursky!

STEELyourface
10-12-2011, 01:24 AM
Starks
Kemo
Pouncey
Foster
Gilbert - when he comes back

We need to keep Marcus out there at RT. He's the future and just needs more time to develop. I'm ok with Kemo out there, he's been fine when playing beside Starks and Pouncey.

Foster is money at RG, he stays put for the rest of the year. He should never have lost his job in the first place.

I agree on all these points.

Nolrog
10-12-2011, 07:40 AM
Flozelle
Starks
Pouncy
Starks
Flozelle

JensK
10-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Flozelle
Starks
Pouncy
Starks
Flozelle

That would most likely end up beating the current line in terribleness! :grin1:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Any combo that doesn't include that BUM Legursky!

Doug struggled pretty much the whole year but last week when he was at LG he played pretty well. He seemed more at home on the left side than the right. I'm sure he wants to get more playing time but the dude in my opinion is so valuable as a utility lineman that if he is in the game and someone goes down then you're throwing 2 positions out of whack instead of just one. If he's on the bench and we lose a player he can step right in and not miss a beat.

LatrobePA
10-12-2011, 05:23 PM
I was down on Legs too, but agree last week he was pulling and doing a good job (I thought)!!

STEELyourface
10-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Doug struggled pretty much the whole year but last week when he was at LG he played pretty well. He seemed more at home on the left side than the right. I'm sure he wants to get more playing time but the dude in my opinion is so valuable as a utility lineman that if he is in the game and someone goes down then you're throwing 2 positions out of whack instead of just one. If he's on the bench and we lose a player he can step right in and not miss a beat.

I think that is a very good point. With all the bashing of LEGS (most of which has been earned), it seems we may have over looked his value coming off the bench.

I know several people have made mention of this in weeks past, but I do think he is very valuable and a great option to come off the bench at a variety of positions.

Danger DANJ
10-12-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm not high on Kemo either, but he is a good run blocker and actually pulls very well for his size. Kemo should be the LG, especially with Starks back. With Starks and Pouncey next to him, he will play just as good and most likely better than Legs did at LG. I'd like to see how well Legs could play LG with J. Scott next to him.

It also seems like Foster is the best choice for RG.

Starks-Kemoeatu-Pouncey-Foster-Gilbert

greg1964
10-14-2011, 08:56 AM
LT- Starks
LG- Legs
C - Pouncey
RG - Foster
RT - Gilbert

ST Scott
SG - Kemo