PDA

View Full Version : Question about o-line

jpele
10-10-2011, 09:15 AM
I hate to even ask but did anyone notice J. Scott playing RT...is it possible that he actually held his own ?

If so this would be a big plus for the line we could allow Gilbert to sit and get healthy.

JensK
10-10-2011, 09:16 AM
It should, as you mentions, only be because Gilbert should be allowed to heal fully. At this point, J. Scott scares me much more than pretty much anything else when it comes to football.

LatrobePA
10-10-2011, 09:17 AM
J.Scott was in at LT for 2 of the 5 TD's spelling Max, the other 3 he was at RT...

Getting the ball out quickly was key all along...

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

BlitzburghRockCity
10-10-2011, 09:23 AM
I noticed it as well. Gilbert wasn't playing badly when he left with the shoulder injury though either. The light bulb is coming on for him just alittle bit brighter each week that he gets more playing time.

To Scott's credit though, yes, he was able to do a pretty solid job on the right side. I was much more content to see him not protecting Ben's blind side that's for sure.

I wouldn't replace Gilbert with Scott on a permanent basis but Marcus is the future. He needs time to develop and you only get that with experience.

Lunchbucket
10-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Honestly,when Scott came in for Gilbert at RT,I got a little puke in my mouth LOL.But he did suprisingly better than I expected.

LatrobePA
10-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Scott will stay put at RT for the time being but it's Gilberts job..

Stairwayto7
10-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Oline looked good but not nearly the pass rush of Balt or Indy

LatrobePA
10-10-2011, 11:06 AM

I agree 1000%...

Nolrog
10-10-2011, 08:03 PM

Very true.

Which reminds me. Mario Williams tore a pectoral muscle and is out for the year.

jpele
10-10-2011, 08:03 PM

I think we made those two team look better than they are:

Ravens are tied for 14th with 11 sacks
Indy is tied for 20th with 9 sacks
Tennessee is tied with Baltimore with 11

Goodfrom55
10-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Surprisingly, Scott didn't hurt us at RT, but I agree it's Gilbert's job. Looking at the game over and over, Gilbert locks up really well, but needs to keep his feet under him a little more. He makes contact, and then stops moving his feet and then gets out of balance.

A couple little things and he will be a good one.