PDA

View Full Version : Whats the chance Redman keeps the starting job?

steelers4life66
10-09-2011, 11:00 PM
As much as I'd like for it to happen, I don't see it. Just wondering what others thought.

LarryNJ
10-09-2011, 11:09 PM
He should get more touches but he's not the number 1 guy.

steelers4life66
10-09-2011, 11:12 PM
He should get more touches but he's not the number 1 guy.
Don't know if was just me but, Mendy was looking a little nervous on the sideline today.

steelersbabex25
10-09-2011, 11:18 PM
0%. Not with this coaching staff.

LatrobePA
10-09-2011, 11:33 PM
Slim to none..

SteelCityVoice
10-09-2011, 11:54 PM
In fact, the coaching staff might see what happened today and think the improved O-line will fix the problems. They may think we'll get more out of Mendy now.

I do hope THEY are right.

Real Deal Steel
10-09-2011, 11:55 PM
I keep telling you guys, you need to watch out for Dwyer. He's the best runningback we have.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2011, 11:57 PM
I don't think Rashard is going to be replaced right now but if he continues to be inconsistent I wouldn't doubt that Redman is the starter by mid-season......

steelers4life66
10-10-2011, 12:04 AM
In fact, the coaching staff might see what happened today and think the improved O-line will fix the problems. They may think we'll get more out of Mendy now.

I do hope THEY are right.
I'm sure your right but, I don't think that will be the case. Mendy dances around to much. Redman hits the hole and goes. If their isn't a hole 7 times out of 10 he made his own hole. I saw several times today it took 2 and some times 3 guys to bring Redman down. I loved him what, 2 years ago when they didn't sign him and was so happy no one signed him from our practice squad.

Big T
10-10-2011, 12:24 AM
I keep telling you guys, you need to watch out for Dwyer. He's the best runningback we have.

There's a difference between a guy having the potential to be the best back on the team and actually being the best back on the team. Right now he isn't close.

Real Deal Steel
10-10-2011, 01:32 AM
There's a difference between a guy having the potential to be the best back on the team and actually being the best back on the team. Right now he isn't close.

Dwyer is the most talented runningback on this team. The only reason he shouldn't start now is because he obviously doesn't know hot to pass block properly at the level we need. But that is the ONLY reason.

Big T
10-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Dwyer is the most talented runningback on this team. The only reason he shouldn't start now is because he obviously doesn't know hot to pass block properly at the level we need. But that is the ONLY reason.

I'd love, LOVE, some of whatever you are on.

connecticutsteel
10-10-2011, 02:43 AM
dwyer is not the most talented back . in fact i contend that if mendenhall hit the same hole on his 72 yd run mendy would have scored cause he is faster and stronger . Mendenhall only dances when there is no hole next week he will prove me right. Dwyer ONLY PROVED THAT IF YOUR O-LINE BLOCKS ANYONE CAN HAVE A100 YD GAME

Big T
10-10-2011, 02:45 AM
dwyer is not the most talented back . in fact i contend that if mendenhall hit the same hole on his 72 yd run mendy would have scored cause he is faster and stronger . Mendenhall only dances when there is no hole next week he will prove me right. Dwyer ONLY PROVED THAT IF YOUR O-LINE BLOCKS ANYONE CAN HAVE A100 YD GAME

I said the exact same thing.

steelersbabex25
10-10-2011, 03:11 AM

Mendenhall is definitely not stronger than Redman or Dwyer. Faster, yes. But what good does being fast do if you can't find any holes to begin with?

NorCalSteel
10-10-2011, 04:52 AM
Wow, all Dwyer does is make big plays and get chunks of yards. Not sure why some of you guys dont give him any respect. I can remember watching Parker when he first got to Pittsburgh tearing up preseason the same way Dwyer does. I like Redman but he missed a few cuts today that would have made for great runs. Mendenhall is still a stud. The back I would like to see get more of a look is Dwyer. it was sure nice to see the Steelers play with a little fire today!!! :cope:

coldrolled
10-10-2011, 07:00 AM
Don't know if was just me but, Mendy was looking a little nervous on the sideline today.

Mendy was nervous, he was watching his team play a short pass game and open up the run lanes. he wanted to run too. after 4 weeks of crappy arians game plans, tomlin must of kicked arians butt this week.

TampaSteelGirl
10-10-2011, 09:46 AM

Yea I agree here too...although looking at Mendy vs Redman when it looks like the play has stopped Redman will still pop thru the pack and get another yard or 2..Mendy lays down and the play ends...

75Steeler
10-10-2011, 09:51 AM
It took a ride on the bench to wake Mendy up the first time. He knows Tomlin will sit his *** again and he is nervous and that is good for production in my opinion.

JensK
10-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Mendenhall is definitely not stronger than Redman or Dwyer. Faster, yes. But what good does being fast do if you can't find any holes to begin with?

Erhm. There is a difference between strength and running violently. Mendenhall is significantly stronger than both Dwyer and Redman though he does not wrong as violent as Redman at least. Dwyer is rather so-so. At times he runs into the pile and other times he dances on the line. I mean.. Dwyer benched 15 at the combine whereas Mendenhall benched 26. I cant seem to find any information about Redman (since he was not invited to the combine and did not lift on his proday apparently), but I'm guessing he benched around 20-25.

steelers4life66
10-10-2011, 10:48 AM
although looking at Mendy vs Redman when it looks like the play has stopped Redman will still pop thru the pack and get another yard or 2..Mendy lays down and the play ends... __________________:yellowthumb:

Troyisabeast_43
10-10-2011, 11:00 AM
The Steelers have got to consider dressing Dwyer a lot more after the way he performed yesterday when given the opportunity. He got his chance and proved himself and for that in my opinion he deserves to dress more often and get more touches and opportunities as we move forward here...Redman at this point is the better RB over Mendy and should be the starter until further notice. He gives the running game a spark and is a better fit to run behind this type of offensive line since all Mendenhall does half the time is dance when he gets the hand-off...

SnakeEyes43
10-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Mendy will, and should, get his job back once he's healthy. He has had some trouble this year, but Mendy is still a talented running back. I would prefer to see Redmen get ALOT more time though, he certainly deserves it.

Stairwayto7
10-10-2011, 11:45 AM
I was disappointed with Mendy didnt even seem like he was rooting for us. No emotion when they showed him after the Dwyer run

nuclearchihuahuas
10-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Mendy will, and should, get his job back once he's healthy. He has had some trouble this year, but Mendy is still a talented running back. I would prefer to see Redmen get ALOT more time though, he certainly deserves it.

Absolutely! If the o-line can open some holes for Mendy he is the back more likely to get significant yardage. I love Redman's head-down straight forward approach. He is truly a 3yds and a cloud of dust kind of runner. Dwyer had one great run through a hole I could have run through but he absolutely made the most of it. In short, its the o-line we need to compliment our 3 good runners but Mendy is still the best we have.

steelersbabex25
10-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Erhm. There is a difference between strength and running violently. Mendenhall is significantly stronger than both Dwyer and Redman though he does not wrong as violent as Redman at least. Dwyer is rather so-so. At times he runs into the pile and other times he dances on the line. I mean.. Dwyer benched 15 at the combine whereas Mendenhall benched 26. I cant seem to find any information about Redman (since he was not invited to the combine and did not lift on his proday apparently), but I'm guessing he benched around 20-25.

Looks like how much they can bench at the combine doesn't relate to how strong they are when pushing the pile. Imagine that.

igor0190
10-10-2011, 12:43 PM
It's all mental. Mendenhalls running style is not to push the pile, he needs to get smacked upside the head and told he better learn how to grind out some tough yards. Do it or play less.

steelersbabex25
10-10-2011, 12:47 PM
It's all mental. Mendenhalls running style is not to push the pile, he needs to get smacked upside the head and told he better learn how to grind out some tough yards. Do it or play less.

Mendenhall's running style is to see the pile and surrender.

Rampage
10-10-2011, 01:06 PM
After the way some of these young guys play, I hope they earned the right to at least see the field more frequently if they did not earn the starting job. We all know what Mendenhall is capable of, but he simply is not contributing this year. Maybe some time to look at the tape of Redman and Dwyer to see how to run behind this o-line can help him out.

There's no way I would give up on Mendenhall at this point, but there's no way I think he deserves the get the majority of rushes at this point, either. I'm thinking running back by committee is the way for this team to succeed.