PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or does Dwyer resemble THE BUS or what !

Katmandu
10-09-2011, 10:02 PM
All I got to say about this young buck's performance today is WOW ! :cope: :yellowthumb:

There were a couple of runs and when he was trotting back to the huddle, I could of sworn he resembles a young Jerome Bettis !

Man! The possibilities if he keeps his head on straight! :yellowthumb:

steelersbabex25
10-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Not really..

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2011, 10:19 PM
I think he does. Now, we would be crazy to start considering him the second coming of the Mighty Jerome Bettis, but from a style standpoint I can see where you'd say that. He's got a big frame, runs hard, and has decent quickness and speed for a guy his size. Only time will tell how well he does but he is starting out pretty well after that debacle in training camp.

One thing though, the dude needs to work on his blitz pickup..OUCH. We actually he just needs to do it period, LOL.

nuclearchihuahuas
10-09-2011, 10:20 PM
I am for any one who puts his head down and ploughs straight ahead! :stirpot:

steelchamp204
10-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Only thing that does is hes got the pouch, but not as big lol.

SteelCityVoice
10-09-2011, 10:24 PM
I wouldn't go so far to compare him to Bettis, but I WILL say I was excited when the Steelers were able to draft him in the 6th round. I thought he would help this team out in the long run, so today was a great day from that standpoint.

LatrobePA
10-09-2011, 10:48 PM
He hesitates way too much b4 hitting the hole, the bus just said f it and plowed full steam ahead..

Steelers_All_Day_43
10-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Nah just you...Redman looks more like the bus than dwyer

Real Deal Steel
10-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Dwyer has the most talent of any runningback we have.

SteelDad
10-10-2011, 08:57 AM
I'll have to admit, he did remind me of a "little" version of the Bus on those early carries (No short bus jokes please). However, late the in the game he started hesitating a little too much at the LoS at a time when we really needed him to pound it.

Katmandu
10-10-2011, 09:37 AM
I think he does. Now, we would be crazy to start considering him the second coming of the Mighty Jerome Bettis, but from a style standpoint I can see where you'd say that. He's got a big frame, runs hard, and has decent quickness and speed for a guy his size. Only time will tell how well he does but he is starting out pretty well after that debacle in training camp.

One thing though, the dude needs to work on his blitz pickup..OUCH. We actually he just needs to do it period, LOL.See, you get what I'm saying.

He's got big legs like Jerome did as well.

Blazedby92
10-10-2011, 11:41 AM
I noticed he puts his head down before he hits the hole but if he hit it he was usually positive yards.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-10-2011, 01:04 PM
I gotta say I was really impressed with the speed that Dwyer had hitting that hole on his first carry. He saw the line and just took off with somewhat surprising acceleration for a bigger back. Hell he was outrunning defensive backs for a good 40 yds before they finally were able to pin him to the sidelines and force him out.

Late in the game the Titans were selling out to stop the run because they knew the Steelers would try and shorten the game. So yeah Dwyer still has a lot to learn about running in that situation. I noticed him doing some dancing and hesitation and then he had no chance. He'll get better with more experience, but he's showing good flashes so far.

The offensive line responded to both his and Redman's style as well, something we haven't seen all year.