PDA

View Full Version : Heyward,Hoke,Hood>Smith,hampton,kiesel?

steelchamp204
10-09-2011, 06:05 PM
If you guys had to go with a lineup would you pick Heyward,Hoke,Hood over Smith,Hampton,Kiesel? Im just trying to be realistic here. I know Hoke isnt a great NT but he was really impressive today off the ball.

I would have to say:

Hood>Smith
Heyward=Kiesel
Hampton>Hoke

This is as of right now THIS season. Don't let the past influence on what you would choose. Snack has been beaten of the ball so many times this year due to cut blocking and such but not every play is a cut block. I know Hoke had a really good game today but can he really do that all season long? Im not sure. But what front 3 would you guys go with.

Btw, after the performance today I think the dline has the best backups next to the wr's for sure after todays performance. Cancle out that opening run from Johnson. Id say the front 7 did well. Remember the LB's cant do there jobs without the guys upfront.

steelersbabex25
10-09-2011, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't go around saying all that. It's just a matter of keeping the old guys fresh.

steelchamp204
10-09-2011, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't go around saying all that. It's just a matter of keeping the old guys fresh.

I know, just wanted to bring it up as a topic, not trying to :stirpot: anything up here.

JensK
10-09-2011, 06:08 PM
I would say Heyward - Hoke - Keisel right now, with Hood playing on obvious passing downs. Keisel is just rock solid. Hoke at least played with some kind of passion out there. Hampton is probably still the better player whenever he feels like being so. It just so happens that this has become a rare event.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2011, 06:12 PM
I really think Heyward showed flashes of beastness today.....He needs more reps for sure.......I do think Smith needs to be a backup at this point...I love Aaron Smith but he really has showed his age this season......Don't know what got into Hoke today but he played very well.....Hood will see playing time for sure....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Smith is having a rough year so far, he'll be the first to admit that. This defense is going to need all the guys this year. I like what Hood did today, he seems to be more at home on the left side.

I loved what I saw out of Cam Heyward, great power and quickness combined with a big motor.

Wouldn't mind seeing Hoke get some more reps as well. He was playing out of his mind today. Besides the Steelers are 16-1 when Hoke starts. ;)

MattyVfromCT
10-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Smith is having a rough year so far, he'll be the first to admit that. This defense is going to need all the guys this year. I like what Hood did today, he seems to be more at home on the left side.

I loved what I saw out of Cam Heyward, great power and quickness combined with a big motor.

Wouldn't mind seeing Hoke get some more reps as well. He was playing out of his mind today. Besides the Steelers are 16-1 when Hoke starts. ;)

Thing I really liked about heyward is when he forced the fumble he wasn't just content with that and celebrating. He jumped on the pile and started fighting for it. He really needs to get more playing time. He looked awesome in the limited time he played

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

TheFizzman
10-09-2011, 07:34 PM
its time for these overpriced old guys on the dline to perform or retire...can't be paying cashmoney for a 69 vette if it stalls in third gear and burns a quart of oil everytime. :cope:

LatrobePA
10-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Leave things alone Tomlin..

Did 97 get two sacks??

steelchamp204
10-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Leave things alone Tomlin..

Did 97 get two sacks??

No, had a sack fumble though, I was pumped

LatrobePA
10-09-2011, 08:15 PM
So the intl grounding wasn't a sack?

steelchamp204
10-09-2011, 08:20 PM
So the intl grounding wasn't a sack?

Nope, he only got the one

LatrobePA
10-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Oh well he was beastly today..

HUNT4SEVEN
10-09-2011, 08:48 PM
I would like to see Heyward, Hampton, Hood/Kiesel... Hoke played great because he has fresh legs but i think he's 35 years old so i don't believe he can do this week in and week out! at the very least Tomlin needs to rotate the D-Line more to keep the players fresh.

LatrobePA
10-09-2011, 08:50 PM
I thought Hoke was solid..

jpele
10-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Seeing that Hood, Hoke and Keisel were the starters today I'd keep it going til they prove me wrong.

Blazedby92
10-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Hoke usually is solid

connecticutsteel
10-10-2011, 01:47 AM
97 Cam Heyward recored 2 sacked and a forced fumble the play that Hasselbeck was called for grounding counts as a sack officialy

steelchamp204
10-10-2011, 07:42 AM
97 Cam Heyward recored 2 sacked and a forced fumble the play that Hasselbeck was called for grounding counts as a sack officialy

I hope cause espn stats and nfl stats are only recording 1 for him.

75Steeler
10-10-2011, 08:46 AM
I've always been a Hoke fan. I met the guy in person twice and he is just an awesome down to earth kind of guy.

LatrobePA
10-10-2011, 08:54 AM

I was thinking they counted that as a sack since there is a loss of down..

Rampage
10-10-2011, 12:15 PM
This crew looked solid; I was very impressed. The first run of the game I was waiting for the same old thing over again, but after that they really shut up my inner cynic.