PDA

View Full Version : Your MVP Week 5?

SteelerEyeZ
10-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Mine goes to Starks. The game plan for this game was NOT to have him play the entire game. Getting him on the team this week we knew he was fat and not in shape at all. Well in the Hot weather wearing a black jersey he came up huge. Thank you Steelers for having some intelligence and getting Ben some protection.

LETS GO BLACK AND GOLD:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

steelersbabex25
10-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Already said it in another thread. Max Starks. Ben obviously gets a very very very close second.

Mike Tomlin
10-09-2011, 05:42 PM
I don't have one I think it was a complete team effort from start to finish.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Bruce Arians for finally having a clue.....

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2011, 05:58 PM
It's a total team effort but you have to give a special nod to Max Starks. Clearly a stabilizing force on a beat up and beaten down offensive line.

Also credit Jonathan Dwyer; his first significant action and he did some real good things today, plus he got some valuable experience.

Mine also goes to Chris Hoke and the defensive line!

JensK
10-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Pouncey was pretty amazing all game long. Max Starks obviously should be mentioned. Brown for not looking too bad in terms of route-running. Big Ben (duh). Polamalu for being all over the back-field. Woodley for finally playing football.

Mike Tomlin
10-09-2011, 06:06 PM
It's a total team effort but you have to give a special nod to Max Starks. Clearly a stabilizing force on a beat up and beaten down offensive line.

Also credit Jonathan Dwyer; his first significant action and he did some real good things today, plus he got some valuable experience.

Mine also goes to Chris Hoke and the defensive line!

I agree to a point but like I said in another post the tough running by our backs gave our o-line an attitude. Starks is only one player we normally get pressure from everywhere. On the defensive side i'll say it one more time FRESH LEGS IN THE MIDDLE.

steelers4life66
10-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Can't pick just one. Starks for having a great day and he only had a week to get ready. Woodely finally showed up. Ben for playing a great game in obvious pain. And finally ward for making the Titans his bitch.

Diehardsteel
10-09-2011, 06:34 PM
I don't know how you can not pick Starks. If he wasn't there I think the outcome of the game could have been a whole lot different. Very similar to the previous weeks. Did Ben get hit at all from that side?

steelersbabex25
10-09-2011, 06:37 PM
I don't know how you can not pick Starks. If he wasn't there I think the outcome of the game could have been a whole lot different. Very similar to the previous weeks. Did Ben get hit at all from that side?

Ben was only sacked once. I don't know from which side. Either way, it's impressive considering he was brought down 5 times last week.

JensK
10-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Ben was only sacked once. I don't know from which side. Either way, it's impressive considering he was brought down 5 times last week.

Indeed, although Houstons pass-rush is a whole lot better than what Titans can deliver at the moment.

steelchamp204
10-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Bruce Arians

Stairwayto7
10-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Brown for setting up the short field on the first drive.
Ben 5 TDs passes
Woodley with 1.5 sacks most of all a timely sack and a pick

HUNT4SEVEN
10-09-2011, 07:32 PM
All 3 sides of the ball today is my MVP,they played a great game because even though there were some mistakes they bounced back and won the game!

Dee Mca
10-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Of course Starks deserves a game ball. As well as Ben. I would also like to throw D-Sep's name out as well. He did have the 70 yard punt that was called back because of a hold. Also let's not forget the fake punt. Also the fact that we are into the 5th week and so far his knee's are fine.

Root4Stlrs
10-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Max Starks is definitely my MVP. He did not look out of shape today at all -- he looked better than I've ever seen him. Everybody played well today minus a few mistakes, but the only person out there who hasn't been there the previous four games was Max. I tried to watch him today too and he did a good job protecting Ben's blind side.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-10-2011, 12:42 AM
I agree to a point but like I said in another post the tough running by our backs gave our o-line an attitude. Starks is only one player we normally get pressure from everywhere. On the defensive side i'll say it one more time FRESH LEGS IN THE MIDDLE.

The big thing about Starks was that not only did he solidify his side of the field, Ben's blindside, but he also brought a confidence and calmness to the group that was so jumbled and out of sync for so long. They settled down and played the game they knew they could play.

I certainly wouldn't argue that the backs played great today. Both Redman and Dwyer ran hard, it's a team effort on offense all the way.

acero
10-10-2011, 01:22 AM
ben...he looked like a man on a quest

connecticutsteel
10-10-2011, 02:53 AM
Starks gets the game ball but i think this is just a case of certain players finally getting in game shape because of the abbreveated offseason we should be ok for the duration provided Tomlin rotates the young guys in another solid game by Keenan Lewis

coldrolled
10-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Bruce Arians

Fire Bruce.... :yellowthumb:

Game ball to Dwyers... He gets his chance and gets the 100+ yards.. :plus1:.

BR7
10-10-2011, 09:53 AM
I can't decide between the O-Line or BA. I think BA deserves it a tad more. He actually called a good game. Ben looked great as a pocket passer for once and took what they gave him. Kind of hope he has probs with his foot all season :lol:

Stone
10-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Bruce Arians for finally having a clue.....

Ding, ding, ding, ding

Because history will prove that the O-line will have good and bad days, this might be the one and only time BA can ever win such an honor!

roosterray
10-10-2011, 10:23 AM
I vote for myself. I hung up my Woodley Jersey and put my Ward Jersey on today. The real Key to victory. Know when to change things up.

Just Saying. . For me Ben Because for ONCE he made the quick read and didn't try for the homerun all day.:yellowthumb:

Stone
10-10-2011, 10:33 AM
I vote for myself. I hung up my Woodley Jersey and put my Ward Jersey on today. The real Key to victory. Know when to change things up.

Just Saying. . For me Ben Because for ONCE he made the quick read and didn't try for the homerun all day.:yellowthumb:

But if the plays sent in don't present a "quick opening" option Ben has no choice but to wait for a route to develop. And if we mixed in a few "different" runs, with a few deep balls, with a whole bunch of quick opening pass plays, prior to yesterday we could easily be 4-1 and look good doing it! We simply wer'nt ready for the opener in B'more

I wish I knew!

LatrobePA
10-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Ben..

SnakeEyes43
10-10-2011, 11:21 AM
The o-line! Kept Ben upright and opened lanes for the back. Great work!

nuclearchihuahuas
10-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Yea, I give it to Starks since he hasn't played and kept Ben upright--thats really big with me these days. :clap:

Rampage
10-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Has to be Starks. He went from sitting on the couch on Sundays to playing an entire game at LT at a high level. I don't think I have seen that kind of protection for Ben yet this season. Hopefully, he sticks at LT and stays healthy. It would be HUGE for this team.

Ben is probably getting a back mural tattoo of Starks as we speak.