PDA

View Full Version : Woodley showed up today....wonder why?

SteelCityVoice
10-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Hoke was holding his own up front instead of Casey Hampton getting blasted back.

Ziggy Hood and Kiesel also did a great job on the line today, and it showed in the play of the linebackers.

Amazing how good a 3-4 D looks when the D-Line does their job.

steelersbabex25
10-09-2011, 04:15 PM
...because he sucks and we shouldn't have resigned him? :dunno:

Stairwayto7
10-09-2011, 04:17 PM
...because he sucks and we shouldn't have resigned him? :dunno:

LOL!!!!

Woodley got off to a slow start, everyone did. When everyone does thier job its easier to get the job done.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Well said Dom, that's exactly what we've been missing all year. A defensive line that gets penetration and holds their own to allow the linebackers to make plays. The credit for his good day goes as much to Chris Hoke and the defensive line as it does to Wood himself.

Mike Tomlin
10-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Having a guy with fresh legs in at NT position helps the entire defense, because when they go into zone blocking if the NT can't or won't move his feet there will be a gaping whole all day for cut backs which we were the victim of for 2 weeks in a row. Having Hoke with fresh legs and McClendon rotating your solid in the middle again.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2011, 04:43 PM
I don't think most were saying Woodley shouldn't have been resigned...The point I was trying to make and many others were since he did get his big contract it was time for him to step up and play better.....Timmons included.......that was the point....

steelersbabex25
10-09-2011, 04:44 PM
I don't think most were saying Woodley shouldn't have been resigned...The point I was trying to make and many others were since he did get his big contract it was time for him to step up and play better.....Timmons included.......that was the point....

Well. He did.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Well. He did.

Yea no doubt......I wasn't calling for Woodley's head or anything but when these players get these big contracts they need to produce......I hope Woodley is back to being Woodley since he is needed big time especially with Harrison out....

steelersbabex25
10-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Yea no doubt......I wasn't calling for Woodley's head or anything but when these players get these big contracts they need to produce......I hope Woodley is back to being Woodley since he is needed big time especially with Harrison out....

I just hope nobody's surprised when we don't hear Woodley's name called as many times next week as it was this week.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-09-2011, 04:55 PM
I just hope nobody's surprised when we don't hear Woodley's name called as many times next week as it was this week.

I don't care how many times his name is called in week....anybody watching the first four games saw Woodley struggle...Was it all on him?...no not all but at the same time he flat out stunk the joint up for the first four weeks....especially against some OT's he should have owned....He went up against one of the best RTs in the NFL today and played great.....

Mike Tomlin
10-09-2011, 05:09 PM

I feel you steeler babe our team is not a one man show it's all about the system every one must do there jobs which allow Woodley, Timmons , Troy , and others to do theirs.

JensK
10-09-2011, 05:15 PM
I feel you steeler babe our team is not a one man show it's all about the system every one must do there jobs which allow Woodley, Timmons , Troy , and others to do theirs.

Yet we've heard Polamalus name, James Harrisons name, Timmons name a whole lot more than Woodleys so far this season. Sure, its a team game but he has been totally anonymous up until this game. Hopefully he'll start playing like this from hereon out and live up to everyones expectations. Imagine if he played like this against a team which did not have (probably) the best RT in the game.

MattyVfromCT
10-09-2011, 05:22 PM

Even sacks aside wood was playing a million times better than earlier in the season. Unlike the previous games he was actually getting good pressure and collapsing the pocket when he wasn't getting sacks

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

HUNT4SEVEN
10-09-2011, 06:25 PM
The entire defense played inspired today, give Lewis credit he was solid today except for the TD he gave up late, Hoke did a good job today but he's old to,Hopefully Tomlin starts to rotate these guys more, Kiesel looked good today also,Woodley brought the wood today,great job defense...

Mike Tomlin
10-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Yet we've heard Polamalus name, James Harrisons name, Timmons name a whole lot more than Woodleys so far this season. Sure, its a team game but he has been totally anonymous up until this game. Hopefully he'll start playing like this from hereon out and live up to everyones expectations. Imagine if he played like this against a team which did not have (probably) the best RT in the game.

Really? because just last week people screaming that nobody was playing good on D even Harrison and Troy. Woodley has done just as much as the other people you've named this year.

Katmandu
10-09-2011, 06:46 PM
The entire defense played inspired today, give Lewis credit he was solid today except for the TD he gave up late, Hoke did a good job today but he's old too.

Hopefully Tomlin starts to rotate these guys more, Kiesel looked good today also,Woodley brought the wood today,great job defense...X2.

I wonder what Tomlin said in the locker room this past week for the WHOLE Team to pull their head's out of their azzes ?

Real Deal Steel
10-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Look, right now we are waaay under the radar. The media officially buried us last week. Let's just continue to get better, beat up on the next three teams or so, and we'll be ready to beat the dog snot out of the Ravens @ss.

connecticutsteel
10-10-2011, 02:16 AM
I think everyone is forgetting that most of the players were out of shape so it took the team 5 weeks to get in game shape . It prolly took us 2 more weeks cause we have older guys and also the lack of padded practices has an effect too . We should be rolling along now hopefully Cam Heyward gets more reps . Woodley isn't afluke he will have 12 to 14 sack this year mark it down
Tomlin should keep Smith and hampton on the bench and promote Hoke and Mclendon and Heyward. Also big props the Keenan Lewis ,William Gay and Ike Taylor after 1/3 of the season they lead the NFL in pass defense . What a difference a year makes i thought they messed up cutting Butler but Lewis is ballin so they got it right props to Coach Lake

coldrolled
10-10-2011, 05:53 AM
chris carter was fast enough to flush the qb, heyward 2 sacks.. rushed in faster than smith and threw bodies around, mcclendon held up the middle when he was in. we were still missing 55 at ILB ... he must really be bad a game situations... he stayed on ST...

Our Offense kept our defense off the field... they had more energy overall... not real hard to figure out. We played a shorter game and kept the OL healthy and ben standing.

it was great

SteelDad
10-10-2011, 08:02 AM
Wood was obviously much better yesterday but I'm not going to anoint him the next Greg Lloyd yet until he can dominate a game on his own. He was much better in the pass rush yesterday but it was clear that our D-line being better aided him getting to the QB. Consistency has always haunted Wood, but I hope this is a start to a huge rest of the year.

Rampage
10-10-2011, 12:29 PM
I wonder if playing beside Hood had anything to do with that? Hood seems to do a solid job rushing the passer, so when an offense has to account for two guys on one side, somebody will eventually get free.

DIESELMAN
10-10-2011, 03:07 PM
It's been said too many times already but the 3-4 D starts with the DL, especially the middle. Hampton or whoever is playing DT needs to stay upright and force the OL to deal with that mass in the middle. LeBeau and Tomlin (if he had anything to do with it) did a good job of preparing for this game by rotating the DL and keeping fresh legs in there. Hopefully those adjustments will stick and we see that through February. The Steelers are a force to be reckoned with on both sides of the ball, the coaching staff should by God already know this and game plan accordingly. Like Troyisabeast43 and others have said, this was a statement must win game, we did both. Now they need to come out each game both pissed off and remembering the start of the season and put a *** whoopin on everyone. This is the year we get the Patriot monkey off our back!!!!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.933341,-86.013817
Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

MDSteel15
10-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Wood was obviously much better yesterday but I'm not going to anoint him the next Greg Lloyd yet until he can dominate a game on his own. He was much better in the pass rush yesterday but it was clear that our D-line being better aided him getting to the QB. Consistency has always haunted Wood, but I hope this is a start to a huge rest of the year.

Are you serious? Really??? This is the key for ANY LB in the NFL to be getting to the QB!!! Why are you people always on his ***? If our fat NT isn't doing his job, then it breaks down systematically on down the line to the LBs and then to the DBs! Same with the O-line! If they don't block, QB gets killed. They don't open holes, RB cant run. It's simple, it all starts with lines!!!

Watch Detroit last night? That D-line destroyed Chicago! Made the rest of the D look good... :eek1:

Goodfrom55
10-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Penetration and not overpursuing the running back. WHen they ran the stretch play, Johnson started one way and then looked to cut back across pursuit. Nothing was there because backside defenders kept backside contain. Impressive vs a supposedly talented Titans O-Line.