PDA

View Full Version : Max Starks and the offensive line get a Gold Star

Stairwayto7
10-09-2011, 05:10 PM
This guy hasn`t palyed in so long, and played the entire game. I tried to watch him as much as possible and he was solid. Yes it wasnt Baltimore and Indy rushing the passer but he came in and did a damn good job.

Also Ive been pretty hard on Hines, but helluva job today

Katmandu
10-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Great job Max!!!

VERY IMPRESSED with his performance!

steelersbabex25
10-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Max Starks is my MVP for the game, crazy as that sounds, with so many huge performers today. He got the offensive line back on track, which got the running game back on track, which got the passing game back on track, which got the entire defense back on track. A++++ to the coaching staff for FINALLY making a smart move and bringing him back.

LatrobePA
10-09-2011, 05:14 PM
A+++++ Maxie!!

SteelJunkie
10-09-2011, 05:15 PM
He did a hell of a job. was refreshing not having to worry about Ben getting jilled in the back.

Stairwayto7
Im just guessing here, but we kept hearing that the coaches didnt want Starks back. Do you think they were just trying to show they had faith in our guys, just in case?

Katmandu
The RBs were also very impressive today!

Just imagine for a moment if Dwyer had actually put some effort into his off season conditioning and training !

WOW! :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2011, 05:16 PM
On a day where the Steelers offensive again got ravaged by injuries a stabilizing force was ever present to protect Big Ben.

Pouncey goes out for a period of time, Legursky slides over to Center, Essex comes in at LG, Gilbert goes out and J. Scott comes in at RT. Just another day for the offensive line in Pittsburgh.

Starks said in an interview after the game, he was excited to get back in a week where they used their 2 padded practices. That helped him get the butterflies out and get his body used to hitting again. This was the perfect time to use your 1 trump card for Mike Tomlin with the double workouts in pads this week.

From the very first drive the Steelers had, Max looked like he was at home. I literally had almost no worries about Ben's blind side at all even though Max hadn't played in almost a year. He's a veteran, he's been there, done that, and you knew he was going to show up. He realized how much this team needed him and how much his good friend Ben Roethlisberger needed him. There was no way you could afford to have another performance like last week and expect the offense to surive.

steelersbabex25
10-09-2011, 05:17 PM
HEY YOU! There's already a thread about that! :rofl:

Katmandu
10-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Great to see this unit come back from the dead!

Most of us Steeler Faithfuls were walking around in SHOCK the last week or so!

Thank you for rising to the occassion!

Stairwayto7
10-09-2011, 05:19 PM
its his web site

steelersbabex25
10-09-2011, 05:20 PM
its his web site

I was joking :dunno:

Stairwayto7
10-09-2011, 05:21 PM
I was joking :dunno:

I KNOW! Thats why its funny! :lol:

connecticutsteel
10-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Please keep things in prospective . The 67 yd run by dwyer would have been a td if it was mendy

steelersbabex25
10-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Please keep things in prospective . The 67 yd run by dwyer would have been a td if it was mendy

And every other run would have been for a loss if it was Mendy.

Stairwayto7
10-09-2011, 05:33 PM
I have to agree with Babex here

LatrobePA
10-09-2011, 05:46 PM
This will get mendy to run harder..

SnakeEyes43
10-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Great game for the o-line. Even when Pouncy went out they still played pretty solid. Also awesome individual effort by Starks, who played solid the entire game!

--- Added 10/9/2011 at 03:50 PM ---

And every other run would have been for a loss if it was Mendy.

That's what I kept saying when Redmen would keep getting those extra 3 yard chunks after contact! Haha. :yellowthumb:

steelersbabex25
10-09-2011, 05:51 PM
I think there's just something special between Starks and Ben. They act like best friends out there. But I guess I would be best friends with the guy who was keeping me from getting sacked another 5 times also.

steelchamp204
10-09-2011, 06:45 PM
If we keep starks next year if he keeps his performance up, we draft guard then eh?

Stairwayto7
10-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Did it seems like Mendy was rooting much

Nolrog
10-09-2011, 07:16 PM
OL played their best game so far this season. Now if they could only keep everyone healthy, we'd build some momentum going into those two big weeks.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-09-2011, 07:18 PM
This guy hasn`t palyed in so long, and played the entire game. I tried to watch him as much as possible and he was solid. Yes it wasnt Baltimore and Indy rushing the passer but he came in and did a damn good job.

Also Ive been pretty hard on Hines, but helluva job today

As much as he has been bashed on this site,it's great to c him get his due good job :yellowthumb: he played a hell of a game today and was the major reason Ben threw 5 td's today! yaw show him sum luv on twitter to @Maxstraks78 he earned it:clap::clap:

Stairwayto7
10-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Not that Tenn was none for having a big pass rusher, but props nonetheless

HUNT4SEVEN
10-09-2011, 07:19 PM

U mean 76 yard run:tt02:

Katmandu
10-09-2011, 07:42 PM
If we keep starks next year if he keeps his performance up, we draft guard then eh?Good question. I believe we'll be able to hang on to him for a few more years. After we lose some big $$$/names next year, that is a distinct possibility.

Too bad we didn't get to pick up Mike Pouncey this year.

jpele
10-09-2011, 09:11 PM
If I'm Art Rooney, Mike Tomlin has a lot of explaining to do. Number one how can a man you cut come back on 3 days practice and be the best lineman on the field?

steelersbabex25
10-09-2011, 09:20 PM
If I'm Art Rooney, Mike Tomlin has a lot of explaining to do. Number one how can a man you cut come back on 3 days practice and be the best lineman on the field?

Did you just say "number one" and not follow it up with a number two or three..

jpele
10-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Did you just say "number one" and not follow it up with a number two or three..

LOL, yes I did. Number two will be next week when I want to know why Redman is back on the bench.

Three will be , " Why can't Arians make a game plan similar to today every week."

Real Deal Steel
10-09-2011, 11:48 PM
I heard that the coaches don't like Starks, but management does. Today, the coaches need to shut up and except the fact of what Starks brought this team today.

Rampage
10-10-2011, 01:13 PM
I was shocked. Starks was dominant and after him being cut and being out of the league for the first quarter of the season, I wasn't expecting that out of him. If anything, Starks looks like he is in better condition than he has been in the past. If this recent experience lit a fire under his ***, Starks could have a bit of a resurgence in his career.

TampaSteelGirl
10-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Great job Max!!!

VERY IMPRESSED with his performance!

Yes I agree!! VERY impressed and he really slimmed down some!! He really saved our game..I have to say it..:yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
10-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Max appeared to be in great shape, he looked good...

BlitzburghRockCity
10-11-2011, 09:31 AM
During one of his post game interviews he mentioned how he's cut out most of the stuff he used to eat before his injury. Besides working out he's eating a lot of fish, turkey, and chicken. It's clearly paid off for the guy. I'm sure he's still huffing and puffing on those long drives but he'll continue to get back into football shape as time goes on.

As long as he stays healthy we should be set at LT for the rest of the year. That's a nice feeling to have.

Rampage
10-11-2011, 12:00 PM
During one of his post game interviews he mentioned how he's cut out most of the stuff he used to eat before his injury. Besides working out he's eating a lot of fish, turkey, and chicken. It's clearly paid off for the guy. I'm sure he's still huffing and puffing on those long drives but he'll continue to get back into football shape as time goes on.

As long as he stays healthy we should be set at LT for the rest of the year. That's a nice feeling to have.

They said he was doing tire flips in Scottsdale in an interview, as well. While it isn't playing football, flipping a heavy tire in 110+ degrees is going to get you in good shape pretty quickly. Playing football in 75 degree weather was probably a cakewalk for him. Actually, maybe I shouldn't say cake if he's on a diet. :lol:

LatrobePA
10-11-2011, 12:37 PM
They said he was doing tire flips in Scottsdale in an interview, as well. While it isn't playing football, flipping a heavy tire in 110+ degrees is going to get you in good shape pretty quickly. Playing football in 75 degree weather was probably a cakewalk for him. Actually, maybe I shouldn't say cake if he's on a diet. :lol:

Better than flipping pancakes...:cope:

SteelCurtain17
10-11-2011, 06:29 PM
I agree, I was very impressed with Starks. Knowing he wasn't in football shape I didn't expect much from him but he proved me wrong. Obviously the plan wasn't to play him the full game but injuries happen and they didn't have any other choice. I'm definately encouraged that this offensive line played well and hopefully they can keep this up.