PDA

View Full Version : Injury updates for Steelers vs Titans; Kemoeatu added to the list

Cricker24
10-06-2011, 07:55 PM
-We all know Aaron Smith is out which means Ziggy Hood will start for him.
-Keisel will be back which is great, but now it looks like Hampton may not play Sunday. -If Big Snack can't go, Hoke and McLendon would rotate at his spot.
-Mendenhall is still highly questionable and Moore is definitely out.
-Kemoeatu is now questionable with his nagging knee problem which may require surgery before the end of the season.
-Foster is back at Right Guard and Legursky will take Kemo's spot at LG
-J. Scott is still having pain in his ankle and that means Max Starks might just be your starting LT this Sunday. WOW!!

McFadden will be back this week, but he's listed as the #4 CB behind Gay and Lewis.

Chris :tt02:

Rampage
10-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Aaron Smith: I'm not overly concerned given his play of late. Let Hood play.

Hampton: Same thing, he simply isn't getting it done. I'd like to see what McClendon offers as you can't quite tell what a guy is capable of by keeping him on the bench.

Mendenhall and Moore: Mendenhall can't run, or so it seems, so he isn't a huge hit right now. Shame about Moore because he has actually been doing well.

Kemoeatu: I'm iffy on this one. Sometimes Kemoeatu shows flashes of brilliance, other times he looks slow and out of position. I'd rather see him sit and get healthy than struggle with a bum knee.

Scott: Well, I'd actually prefer Starks over Scott, so I don't mind this at all.

McFadden: He still plays for the Steelers? I thought he was in a convalescence home.

Goodfrom55
10-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Definitely the "Year of the Injury".

The Steelers will have the feel their way through this game like a blind man at a nudist colony.

--- Added 10/6/2011 at 06:36 PM ---

The Steelers usually get a week 3 or 4 bye weeek. Ironically, during what some would consider their worst run of injuries, the Steelers don't have a BYE for another 6 weeks. . .nice.

Stairwayto7
10-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Geritol Gang

HUNT4SEVEN
10-06-2011, 08:59 PM
If Hampton can't go we all are gonna c how much we are gonna miss him, he still commands double teams, plus teams are using the zone blocking schemes Mike.S. punk @$$ use against us in preseason week 1 this year, I'm more concern with Heyward getting more playing time he looked ok at times last week and he looked confused at times also! Legursky bum @$$ starting means we won't be able to run on the right side let alone pass protect no one really is pass protecting anyways besides Pouncey, but watch the Titans blitz more from their left side because of that BUM Legursky ,Tomlin should not let Ben play this week we will probably lose Ben for the season this Sunday:evilshake:...

LatrobePA
10-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Big snack out doesn't bother me, it's time to see McClendon..

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Hoke 35 years old.

Nolrog
10-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Big snack out doesn't bother me, it's time to see McClendon..

Hear hear. (here here?)

BlitzburghRockCity
10-06-2011, 09:43 PM
McFadden is going to be the 4th CB the rest of the way out at this rate. As long as Gay and Lewis hold up and play atleast semi decent, McFadden has officially lost his starting job.

Hampton has done next to nothing all year, why not see what McLendon and Hoke can do in there. Casey may still command double teams but it hasn't helped the run defense at all so far.

Starks is more than likely going to play either way on Sunday. He took close to 75% of the snaps with the starting group yesterday and a fair amount on Tuesday.

Kemo is probably the one that worries me the most simply because of how overmatched Legursky has been when he played at RG. I don't think Chris is in danger of losing his job anytime soon unless his knee keeps him out of the lineup.

Katmandu
10-07-2011, 06:00 AM
No one has mentioned Debo being out for a few weeks.

What a sad state of affairs our team is facing.

BA needs to deploy the quick drop pass to keep Ben ALIVE !!!!!!!

LatrobePA
10-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Thursday, October 06, 2011
A week of new faces

The Steelers had another laundry list of guys missing in practice again Thursday and it's looking likely they'll have more than just a few new starters in the lineup this week.

For the fifth time in five games, you'll be looking at a new starting offensive line.

After splitting snaps 50-50 at left tackle Wednesday, Max Starks took even more snaps than Jonathan Scott at left tackle Thursday and looks like he could be in line to start there against Tennessee.

Starks has looked good in practice.

Chris Kemoeatu missed another practice Thursday with a knee problem and it appears that Doug Legursky will move over to start at left guard, leaving Ramon Foster at right guard. You'll remember that Foster started at left guard for Kemoeatu in Week 2, so it appears that Foster is going to stick at right guard for a while.

Brett Keisel should be back, so Ziggy Hood will start in place of Aaron Smith.

Casey Hampton also sat out again with a sore shoulder, but I'd expect him to play.

Rashard Mendenhall and Mewelde Moore were also out again. The Steelers are hopeful that Mendenhall should at least be able to give them limited carries - possibly as the backup to Isaac Redman. But it appears Redman will make his first career start.

And finally, we already know about Lawrence Timmons starting at outside linebacker, with Larry Foote getting the nod inside at the mack position.

SteelCurtain17
10-07-2011, 03:20 PM
This team seems to just not be able to aviod injuries but I wouldn't mind seeing some of these younger guys get a chance to develop.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was still limping during today's practice, but he expects to start on Sunday when the Steelers face the Tennessee Titans at Heinz Field at 1 p.m.

However, the Steelers will be without several key starters — including nose tackle Casey Hampton (shoulder), linebacker James Harrison (eye), guard Chris Kemoeatu (knee) and defensive end Aaron Smith (ankle). Outside linebacker Jason Worilds (quadriceps) and running back Mewelde Moore (ankle) will also be sidelined.

Cornerback Cortez Allen (ankle) and running back Rashard Mendenhall (hamstring) are both questionable. Running back Jonathan Dwyer may see his most extensive playing time if Mendenall is unable to play.

From the Trib (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/Roethlisberger%20likely%20to%20play;%20six%20Steel ers%20out%20-%20Pittsburgh%20Tribune-Review%20http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_760750.html#ixzz1aCHoyZlY)

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2011, 02:37 AM
Mendenhall practiced fully today...please, somebody with a brain on the coaching staff; get Redman the ball!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2011, 10:28 AM
According to the Tweets this morning from Steelers media peeps, Redman is going to get the start but Mendy could see the field too.

Ibleedblk&gld
10-09-2011, 10:34 AM
According to the Tweets this morning from Steelers media peeps, Redman is going to get the start but Mendy could see the field too.

looking like mendy is out

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7080280/rashard-mendenhall-pittsburgh-steelers-vs-tennessee-titans-sources-say

HERE WE GO REDMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Yeah I just saw that come through, great news! This is his time to shine, I can't wait to see what he does.

Stairwayto7
10-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Our offensive line already bad, and everyone is hurt. Should we line up playground style and everyone go out!

LatrobePA
10-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Let's go Red!!