PDA

View Full Version : Adam Shefter about Redman

steelchamp204
10-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Said he could get the start sunday and wouldnt be suprised due to mendenhall being injured!!!! Im stoked now, Redman is my boy.

Your thoughts?

BlitzburghRockCity
10-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Mewelde is beat up as well so this weekend Redman is going to be the guy. It looks like Jonathan Dwyer is going to dress for this game. Honestly I would say just deactivate Mendenhall for this week. If he's injured give him time to rest and lets see what a Redman/Dwyer combo can put out on the ground.

That would bring back all kinds of "ground and pound" memories for this team and might just be the ticket they need to jump start the run game.

Goodfrom55
10-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Mewelde is beat up as well so this weekend Redman is going to be the guy. It looks like Jonathan Dwyer is going to dress for this game. Honestly I would say just deactivate Mendenhall for this week. If he's injured give him time to rest and lets see what a Redman/Dwyer combo can put out on the ground.

That would bring back all kinds of "ground and pound" memories for this team and might just be the ticket they need to jump start the run game.

Interesting. . .When Redman does get a chance to carry the rock, he usually runs hard and with authority. Will be like watching Bettis all over again, but even he needed a FB in front of him to block. Wonder if Arians is going to realize this and utilize DJ like he did last week in the 3rd quarter? Not to be on my repetitive soap box, but there is no way the STeelers have asuccessful running game behind this O-Line unless the offense uses a FB.

Good for Redman, hope he makes the best of his possible opportunity.

TampaSteelGirl
10-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Said he could get the start sunday and wouldnt be suprised due to mendenhall being injured!!!! Im stoked now, Redman is my boy.

Your thoughts?

EXCITED!!!! I LOVE REDMAN!!!

steelersbabex25
10-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Hopefully he puts the haters to shame..

K Train
10-06-2011, 02:27 PM
i secretly hope he falls flat on his face so we can stop this ridiculous hype

Rampage
10-06-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm actually kind of excited to see what Dwyer can do. :dunno:

steelersbabex25
10-06-2011, 02:36 PM

It's not in secret if you mention it to the whole forum :dunno:

Deviouz1
10-06-2011, 02:36 PM
i dont care who it is, if the OLine cant get it done the guy with the rock is gonna get hammered.

TheFizzman
10-06-2011, 02:37 PM
I wish we would run a full house formation with Mendy, Redman and Moore in the back field and just run misdirections all day to set up play action. It really works, We have a power back in redman, a homerun hitter in mendy, and a speedy finesse runner in Moore. All 3 have great catching abilities as well. Also this could set up play action with Wallace and Ward. Just an idea to run a few sets with our shaky oline.:cope:

steelchamp204
10-06-2011, 02:46 PM

Its not like hes our number 1 draft running back lol. Atleast he can find a hole out of the line that mendenhall cant. Also hold onto the ball :yesnod:

LatrobePA
10-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Its not like hes our number 1 draft running back lol. Atleast he can find a hole out of the line that mendenhall cant. Also hold onto the ball :yesnod:

I could compare a 3rd string RB to Mendy right now, he's been worthless thus far!!

Redman will and can only look better!!

TampaSteelGirl
10-06-2011, 03:20 PM

I hope he proves you oh so wrong sunday....

LatrobePA
10-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Through four games Redman has 22 carries for 107 yards, a 4.9 yard average. He has two receptions out of the backfield for 18 yards.

Diehardsteel
10-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Hopefully he puts the haters to shame..

You mean BA? :lol:

Steelers_All_Day_43
10-06-2011, 04:01 PM
It doesn't matter. The o line is f'ing terrible

BlitzburghRockCity
10-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Through four games Redman has 22 carries for 107 yards, a 4.9 yard average. He has two receptions out of the backfield for 18 yards.

Imagine what he stats might be if he were getting the carries that Mendenhall has been getting. I would venture a guess that his ypc average would still be above 4.0 and he'd have close to 300 yds.

connecticutsteel
10-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Hype? no one is hyping Redman i think that the o line is so bad that redman will fair a smidge better . Where is Noel Devine when you need him lol

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Running back Isaac Redman is in his third season with the Steelers, and he needs to introduce himself to no one in the team's locker room.
He did so anyway Thursday before practice.

"I'm Isaac Redman. I play for the Pittsburgh Steelers, (I'm) a No. 2 running back that has a chance of starting," Redman said.

The introduction was filled with subtext as thick as one of Redman's thighs. And it reflected his irritation over labels and stereotypes that stem from the circuitous route the 6-foot, 230-pounder took to this point.

Redman, the first player from Division II Bowie State to make the NFL, may soon have a chance to show what he can do with an extended stay in the spotlight.
Starting running back Rashard Mendenhall has yet to practice this week because of a hamstring injury that forced him out of the Steelers' last game.

If Mendenhall is unable to play Sunday against the visiting Tennessee Titans, Redman will make the first start of his career.

Redman is one of the few Steelers that have been on the rise through the first month of this season. But he still remains something of a curiosity to fans that became enamored with him in August of 2009, when the undrafted rookie excelled in a goal-line drill at training camp.

Redman, whose career yards per carry average is a robust 4.8, has never had more than 10 carries in a game.

Redman said he is ready to handle a full load Sunday if Mendenhall can't play.
"I can do it with 30 carries," he said. "I know what I'm capable of doing. It's starting to get on my nerves a little bit that it's shocking to everybody that I'm doing good, but I'm not a sorry running back that got lucky and made the team.

"A lot of people are shocked that I'm doing good, but people that haven't been following me, people that don't know what type of player I am think, 'Oh he came from Bowie State.' They don't know the whole background to everything. I'm not a Division II football player. I'm sick of people saying that I am from a small college."
Redman's uncle, Todd McNair, actually recruited him to Southern Cal when he was an assistant coach for the Trojans.

McNair later told Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians -- he had played for Arians at Temple and in the NFL -- that Redman would have gone to Southern Cal if the southern New Jersey native would have qualified academically.
That came during the same conversation in which McNair recommended to Arians that the Steelers take a look at Redman after he had finished his career at the small school in Maryland.

Arians liked what he saw on tape, and the Steelers signed him as an undrafted free agent in 2009.

Redman made the team last season after a year on the practice squad, and he has produced when he has gotten an opportunity.

"Right now, Isaac's running with a lot of passion, a lot of heart, and hopefully, he just continues doing that and being consistent," Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward said.
Arians admittedly has a soft spot for Redman, but he said Mendenhall is in no danger of losing his job as the Steelers' feature back.

"Red's done a good job with his opportunity, and he hasn't failed us yet," Arians said. "But Rashard's the guy, and everything starts with him. He's the ace."
Mendenhall will likely be a game-time decision Sunday. Even if he is cleared to play, the Steelers will monitor the fourth-year veteran closely, and they may be more inclined to spell him with Redman.

"I don't know what the coaches are thinking," Redman said. "I just know right now (Mendenhall's) hamstring is bothering him pretty bad. Right now, I'm preparing to go. When I get the opportunity to step on the field, I'm always going to perform."

From the Trib (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/Steelers%27%20Isaac%20Redman%20ready%20if%20called %20upon%20-%20Pittsburgh%20Tribune-Review%20http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_760636.html#ixzz1a6IT8qOE)

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Redman plays with a chip on his shoulder. He really resents that "small school" stereotype that gets put on him. It also seems as though he also gets pretty irritated when people seem surprised that he plays as well as he does when he takes the field.

I love seeing a running back playing pissed off and with a me against the world mentality.

Speeed
10-07-2011, 01:41 PM
I like the way you think. I am going to give Arians a call right now. . . . .

I wish we would run a full house formation with Mendy, Redman and Moore in the back field and just run misdirections all day to set up play action. It really works, We have a power back in redman, a homerun hitter in mendy, and a speedy finesse runner in Moore. All 3 have great catching abilities as well. Also this could set up play action with Wallace and Ward. Just an idea to run a few sets with our shaky oline.:cope:

SteelCurtain17
10-07-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm actually really excited to see Redman get a lot of snaps. I've liked this kid since he first showed up with this team. Hes a powerful runner and great in short yardage situations. This will be good experience for him.