PDA

View Full Version : NFL wants Ben to settle Lake Tahoe case

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2011, 11:39 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/pit/pittsburgh-steelers) quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5536/ben-roethlisberger) missed a portion of Wednesday's practice for a conference call pertaining to the ongoing civil case in which he is one of nine co-defendants, according to a source.

Though the NFL has asked Roethlisberger to settle the case, stemming from from a rape accusation at a Lake Tahoe celebrity golf event in July 2008, Roethlisberger has steadfastly refused because he doesn't believe he did anything wrong.

Andrea McNulty, a former Harrah's VIP hostess, has accused the two-time Super Bowl winner of raping her in his penthouse suite in July 2008, when Roethlisberger was at Lake Tahoe for a celebrity golf tournament.

Her suit seeks a minimum of $440,000 in damages from Roethlisberger, at least $50,000 in damages from the Harrah's officials and an unspecified amount of punitive damages.
Those who know Roethlisberger well believe he hasn't allowed the case to become a distraction, but the case took a bite out of Roethlisberger's practice schedule this week as the Steelers were preparing for Sunday's game versus the Houston Texans (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/hou/houston-texans).
The Steelers lost the game, 17-10, and Roethlisberger injured his left foot on the second-to-last series. He was wearing a walking boot after the game and neither Roethlisberger nor the Steelers knew the results of a postgame X-ray.

From ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7050049/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-missed-practice-call-civil-suit-source-says)

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2011, 11:40 PM
The fact that this case is still going on is a reflection on the **** poor legal system this country has a much as it is this chick asking for money to settle.

I have to say I'm proud of Ben for sticking to his guns and not just giving her "shutup" money to end this. At the same time though, taking time out of practice to deal with this some 2 years later is not a good thing either.

steelersbabex25
10-04-2011, 11:54 PM
RFZrzg62Zj0

..this woman is ridiculous.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-05-2011, 02:03 AM
Ben should not of put himself in this position, he will end up paying her something.

jpele
10-05-2011, 07:38 AM
I think the judge hearing this case should be investigated, there's enough evidence showing that the woman is a whacko the case should be thrown out of court.

cmerrifield
10-05-2011, 07:44 AM
When the email she sent had the wrong date because it was 12:03 am and she wasnt smart enough to figure out that is the next day to a computer, she proved she is full of crap. I wouldnt settle, I dont care what the NFL wants. When has the NFL ever looked out for the Steelers or Ben?

SteelDad
10-05-2011, 07:54 AM
A. Correct. BR should not have gotten into this position, but we don't know the whole story.

B. This woman's credibility is a huge issue. Her case has more cracks than Roseanne Barr's ***.

C. Perhaps the pressure from the case (and the pressure from the poor O-line) are causing his performance to slip.

D. The NFL and the Commish have no business making any comment regarding this. Czar Goodell already suspended BR for his 'off-field behavior' and it should stop there from the League perspective.

MDSteel15
10-05-2011, 10:33 AM
A. Correct. BR should not have gotten into this position, but we don't know the whole story.

B. This woman's credibility is a huge issue. Her case has more cracks than Roseanne Barr's ***.

C. Perhaps the pressure from the case (and the pressure from the poor O-line) are causing his performance to slip.

D. The NFL and the Commish have no business making any comment regarding this. Czar Goodell already suspended BR for his 'off-field behavior' and it should stop there from the League perspective.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
10-05-2011, 10:37 AM
If the TV isn't broken don't fix it! I wouldn't give this skank a penny!!

SteelJunkie
10-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Ben shouldn't settle. Pretty much everyone in their right mind knows she is full of ****. If he settles then this will actually think her crazy *** was right.

On a side note I'm so sick of Goodell thinking he should telling everyone how to run their lives. Oh how I miss the days when unless some drastic happened the commissioner was in his bat cave watching the sport he loved. Furier Goodell feels the needs to dictate everyone lives in every waking moment. He feels the need to be in the spot light multiple times a day to promote his image as the undeniable dictator of the NFL.

Enough is enough already someone please over throw this moron before he ruins the sport we all love. His thirst for power continues as he wants to expand more games into Mexico and England. He sends the minions over to these countries to promote his image, and the fans who lose home games from this are the true victims. Unfortunatly most stay silent out of fear that the Furier will move thier team to another city out of punishment.

Oh and I guess now that I compared someone to Hitler I won't be singing any intro's on Monday Night Football. Back to my day job then...

/endrant :)

Rampage
10-05-2011, 11:37 AM
If anything, Roethlisberger should be suing someone and that someone is his optometrist.

steelers4life66
10-05-2011, 12:10 PM
When the email she sent had the wrong date because it was 12:03 am and she wasnt smart enough to figure out that is the next day to a computer, she proved she is full of crap. I wouldnt settle, I dont care what the NFL wants. When has the NFL ever looked out for the Steelers or Ben?
Ben basically told the NFL to go to hell, he's not settling. I don't blame him.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-05-2011, 12:19 PM
He's stood by his reputation all along during his off the field problems the last couple of years. He didn't back down for the Georgia case so he certainly won't back down from the Tahoe incident. I would tell them to suck it as well if I were him.

I would however tell my lawyer to schedule any future calls or meetings about this, after practice hours.

Rampage
10-05-2011, 12:24 PM
He's stood by his reputation all along during his off the field problems the last couple of years. He didn't back down for the Georgia case so he certainly won't back down from the Tahoe incident. I would tell them to suck it as well if I were him.

I would however tell my lawyer to schedule any future calls or meetings about this, after practice hours.

:lol:

bEPjZ4b6V3g

chisteeler
10-05-2011, 12:54 PM

I agree. I would also like to see him be able sue the NFL to get back his game day paychecks for his missed games last year if he is acquitted. :imho:

steelersbabex25
10-05-2011, 07:14 PM
:lol:

bEPjZ4b6V3g

I'm in love with Daniel Tosh.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Somebody needs to take out Fuhrer Goodell for real...if he died I would celebrate......I know that sounds horrible but I'm sorry Goodell is total D-Bag......Really Ben should just settle and pay so he can look guilty just so the shield of the NFL is no longer tarnished...What a crock.....