PDA

View Full Version : What is the Steeler's biggest strength right now?

SteelCurtain17
10-04-2011, 07:06 PM
We all know how succesful this team has been over the past few years. This year has definately been a tough start form the terrible offensive line play and the struggling defense. It's very easy to pick out the weaknesses of this team but I'm finding it hard to find a real strength other than having a young core of recievers that will have success for many years to come. Thoughts?

Raleigh Steel
10-04-2011, 07:12 PM
the punting has been really good!!!!

Stairwayto7
Thier Fans!!!!!

And in honesty Ben, he is one tough QB, most Qbs would be dead.

LatrobePA
AB on kickoff duties.

SteelCurtain17
10-04-2011, 07:15 PM
the punting has been really good!!!!

haha! this is so true and it's sad to think as this being the strength of a team

steelchamp204
10-04-2011, 07:47 PM
sPECIAL TEAMS

Goodfrom55
10-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Off the field, their unity.

On the field, Ben. Doesn't show up in the stats, but he never quits, he never stops trying to make something positive out of nothing.

SnakeEyes43
10-04-2011, 08:09 PM
AB on special teams, Ike's blanketing ability, Ben's toughness, Troy being the only person on the D who can make a tackle (and even he whiffs alot).

SteelCurtain17
10-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Off the field, their unity.

On the field, Ben. Doesn't show up in the stats, but he never quits, he never stops trying to make something positive out of nothing.

I agree with you that this team has a very strong unity. They have alot of great team leaders that should be able to help carry this team emotionally.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Make no mistake, just like we've been saying in the "be positive" thread, this team is not without talent or ability.
Antonio Brown is having a good start to the season
Mike Wallace is lighting it up and becoming a complete WR
Daniel Sepulveda is having a very good year, as is the special teams in coverage.
Heath Miller is as reliable as always
Isaac Redman is showing he needs to be in the starting lineup

The problem is not that this team has no talent, they have it coming out of their ears. As we've stated time and time again, until you have a functioning interior line on both sides of the ball, nothing else is going to work. All the skill position players in the world can't do anything if the QB can't get them the ball or the defensive line can't hold their blocks and get penetration.

mwittman5
10-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Well statistically we have one of the top pass defenses in the league. :banana:

steeldoc
10-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Ben, he finally has become a man, and carries the team as best as he can.:cope::cope::cope:

Callax
10-05-2011, 08:21 PM
WR

Wallace better be in the Pro Bowl this year

connecticutsteel
10-05-2011, 11:23 PM
our strength is our secondary if we can get some pass rush we will be ok maybe Harrison will be a Wally pip and Worilds or Timmons will step up

DanRooney
10-05-2011, 11:37 PM
Troy.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Another positive right now I would say, is Mewelde Moore is still getting it done. Every year the fans write him off. He's too old, get the younger guys in, he needs to move on, etc. No matter when you call on the guy he responds and gets the tough yards through the air, on the ground, making the big block to give Ben an extra second to get the ball off.

connecticutsteel
10-06-2011, 10:31 AM
I promise you memo would'nt sniff the field if Baron did'nt tear up his knee

K Train
10-06-2011, 10:33 AM
wallace has launched himself into the top 5 WR but the WR group as a whole is badass.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2011, 06:56 PM
I promise you memo would'nt sniff the field if Baron did'nt tear up his knee

It might have been Jonathan Dwyer that didn't sniff the field if Baron had not been injured. Knowing the Steelers love affair with veterans, they'd have probably cut Dwyer before Memo. Mainly because no matter what the circumstance, Moore always comes through when needed.

It's going to be a great fight next year for the running back spots; and Memo could be odd man out then since Dwyer showed so much promise in preseason.

Goodfrom55
10-07-2011, 07:52 PM
It's going to be a great fight next year for the running back spots; and Memo could be odd man out then since Dwyer showed so much promise in preseason.

Hmmm, so did the Steelers Offense. I get what you mean though. There will have to be an inevitable youth movement for the Steelers to remain competitive next year and beyond.