PDA

View Full Version : Harrison has Fractured Orbital Bone

mwittman5
10-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Tomlin said he is out a few weeks. Timmons will move to ROLB and Foote will start at MLB. Ben should play.

The Steelers will be without linebacker James Harrisonhttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/james-harrison/f955db12-de79-47a3-9c61-d50c2583d49b/) when they play the Tennessee Titans this Sunday at Heinz Field.

“He has a right orbital fracture around his eye socket,” said Coach Mike Tomlin. “That is going to be fixed tomorrow. Needless to say he is going to be out for a number of weeks. I will have more details regarding that injury and the rate of recovery after he has the surgical procedure tomorrow to get that fixed.”

With Harrison out, as well as Jason Worildshttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/jason-worilds/5c613eee-74dc-496d-85ff-b2dfb90b0b14/) doubtful with a left quad strain, Lawrence Timmonshttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/lawrence-timmons/afc86dd7-633e-4e37-a4da-5f089a96b666/) will be moved to outside linebacker and Larry Footehttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/larry-foote/8bbeec8c-cae8-4d79-8c84-eb94ce439442/) will start inside.

“We have some adjustments that need to take place in terms of who is playing where,” said Tomlin. “We are in the process of doing those things now, specifically at the linebacker position with two outside linebackers being out. We believe it deems necessary we move Lawrence Timmons to outside linebacker. We are going to do that. He is going to play right outside linebacker. Larry Foote is going to play inside. We are going to go on with that group.”

There was good news as far as quarterback Ben Roethlisbergerhttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/ben-roethlisberger/54dda34e-9e43-4c57-9397-1143ddced5d6/), who was injured against the Texans.

“Ben had his foot x-rayed, MRI, thankfully nothing is broken,” said Tomlin. “It is a sprain. It may limit him at the early portions of the week. We anticipate him being able to participate in this football game.”

SteelDad
10-04-2011, 01:12 PM
And the hits just keep on coming....

So what exactly does this say about Sly and Worilds? Two more poor draft choices?

Rampage
10-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Yeah, not happy about this. Possibly the two slowest inside linebackers in the NFL right now. A d-line that gets blown off the ball and two linebackers who don't have good closing speed: Boned.

--- Added 10/4/2011 at 11:13 AM ---

So what exactly does this say about Sly and Worilds? Two more poor draft choices?

Worilds is hurt, even if he could perform, he wouldn't be allowed to. Sylvester is too young, more than likely.

LatrobePA
10-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Foote sucks ballsack!

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-04-2011, 01:18 PM

That's a dam good question...

MattyVfromCT
10-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Great. Timmons at olb is a good thing Imo. Anytime he's filled in for harrison or woodley for a few plays here or there he's looked good. Very explosive. But Foote and Farrior? Ughhhhhhhh. There is nobody who will convince me Sylvester will do worse than either. Experience means nothing if your 40 can be timed with a sundial, cough Farrior, cough Foote.........

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

steelchamp204
10-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Now thats a big blow to our season. Im sorry but this is not a playoff team with Foote and Farrior both starting at LB.

SnakeEyes43
10-04-2011, 01:20 PM
:duh:

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-04-2011, 01:20 PM
If Sly is better do ya really think they wouldn't be playing him. Ok so he faster,but is he making too many mental mistakes...

mwittman5
10-04-2011, 01:21 PM

Worilds is doubtful with an injury, hamstring I think. Carter could see time at OLB.

TampaSteelGirl
10-04-2011, 01:21 PM
OMG I can't take anymore today!! :thud:

Big T
10-04-2011, 01:24 PM
As much as it sucks having James out or a while and having Larry Foote starting, I'm excited as hell to see Timmons on the outside. That man can create some chaos rushing the passer. He doesn't get as many opportunities to on the inside so I can see him having a major impact from that ROLB spot.

steelchamp204
10-04-2011, 01:26 PM
As much as it sucks having James out or a while and having Larry Foote starting, I'm excited as hell to see Timmons on the outside. That man can create some chaos rushing the passer. He doesn't get as many opportunities to on the inside so I can see him having a major impact from that ROLB spot.

I hope your right, hes gonna be hungry for some sacks, he said he wants 10 this year. We will see what happens

JShare86
10-04-2011, 01:27 PM

I wanted to say this exact same thing this guy knows his stuff

SteelJunkie
I don't know what to think. Timmons going to OLB scares me to think that will leave Foote and Farrior in the middle.

mcfly06
Great. Timmons at olb is a good thing Imo. Anytime he's filled in for harrison or woodley for a few plays here or there he's looked good. Very explosive. But Foote and Farrior? Ughhhhhhhh. There is nobody who will convince me Sylvester will do worse than either. Experience means nothing if your 40 can be timed with a sundial, cough Farrior, cough Foote.........

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Is'nt that the truth,im worried about our season now with his.We wont make it back to the super bowl with farrior and foote as our inside linebackers,we wont even make the playoffs...

Rampage
If Sly is better do ya really think they wouldn't be playing him. Ok so he faster,but is he making too many mental mistakes...

Honestly, I'd rather see a guy out there making mental mistakes and gaining experience instead of a guy who simply does not have the athleticism to play anymore.

A blown play from a mental standpoint is the same as a blown play from a lack of speed. Only thing is you can coach the mental errors out of the game.

SnakeEyes43
10-04-2011, 01:28 PM
They need to just throw Sly out there. NO WAY he is consistently worse than Foote and Farrior have been. Let Foote and Farrrior rotate like they do, and give the young guy some time!

Rampage
10-04-2011, 01:31 PM
They need to just throw Sly out there. NO WAY he is consistently worse than Foote and Farrior have been. Let Foote and Farrrior rotate like they do, and give the young guy some time!

This is what I'd like to see. I mean, Farrior isn't going to be around forever. You really want to just throw Sylvester in and tell him to start at some point? Why not get him experience during a season that looks like it is getting a little out of hand?

SnakeEyes43
10-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Honestly, I'd rather see a guy out there making mental mistakes and gaining experience instead of a guy who simply does not have the athleticism to play anymore.

:plus1:

SteelJunkie
10-04-2011, 01:36 PM

I think most of us agree with this statement.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2011, 01:40 PM

You're exactly right man, absolutely no confidence in either one of them. I can understand Sly mainly because they will need his help on the inside as a backup should it come to that. Worilds however, the fact that Timmons is moving outside says that Jason has done nothing and maybe regressed in year 2.

This could turn into a Chad Brown situation; they may find that Timmons is so good on the outside that you just can't take him off the field.

SteelJunkie
10-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Worilds is hurt that is why they are making the move. I believe if he is healthy Timmons stays inside.

Rampage
10-04-2011, 01:44 PM
You're exactly right man, absolutely no confidence in either one of them. I can understand Sly mainly because they will need his help on the inside as a backup should it come to that. Worilds however, the fact that Timmons is moving outside says that Jason has done nothing and maybe regressed in year 2.

This could turn into a Chad Brown situation; they may find that Timmons is so good on the outside that you just can't take him off the field.

Here's a hypothetical: Timmons comes in and is unstoppable on the outside and he uses his range to chip in on the passing game. The Steelers still end up having a bad season and pick towards the middle of the draft where there is one hell of a 4-3 defensive lineman that fell, one of those guys who you can't pass up. Between the d-line aging, a lack of depth at MLB and the opportunity to snag a solid 4-3 player, would you want to see the Steelers do a 4-3?

:banana:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Worilds is hurt that is why they are making the move. I believe if he is healthy Timmons stays inside.

That is correct, and I was just replying to clarify. Worilds is hurt with that quad, however if he was healthy and wasn't playing well after the Titans game it would not shock me to see Timmons come outside for a shot.

SteelJunkie
10-04-2011, 01:58 PM
That is correct, and I was just replying to clarify. Worilds is hurt with that quad, however if he was healthy and wasn't playing well after the Titans game it would not shock me to see Timmons come outside for a shot.

I would be shocked if he stayed outside. Sly will hopefully rotate with Foote and Farrior, but we all know they won't start him. I want Timmons to get back to MLB as soon as possible not sure why the Farrior/Foote combo worries me so much. Hopefully they can prove me wrong.

Troyisabeast_43
10-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Woodley needs to step it up this game against Tennessee and the next few weeks when James Harrison is going to be out. Somebody on this linebacking core has to be the leader and take charge and start getting some pressure and some sacks on the QB and Woodley needs to be that guy...

--- Added 10/4/2011 at 12:04 PM ---

I would be shocked if he stayed outside. Sly will hopefully rotate with Foote and Farrior, but we all know they won't start him. I want Timmons to get back to MLB as soon as possible not sure why the Farrior/Foote combo worries me so much. Hopefully they can prove me wrong.

Foote and Farrior are simply not getting the job done and are having problems playing well when they come in for one another and give each other a breather. How in the world can we expect them to play well consistently if both men are starting and on the field at the sametime??

coldrolled
10-04-2011, 02:13 PM
tomlin said chris carter will get his shot also. Carter OLB Sly ILB

the speed will be there then.

LatrobePA
10-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Farrior and Foote sliding off tackles is what I'd rather see, Tomlin is an idiot!

Nolrog
10-04-2011, 02:37 PM

Interesting question. Worlids has some kind of injury, but Sylvester is not even an option. The kids really gotta play, if for no other reason than to give the old fogies a breather now and again.

--- Added 10/4/2011 at 12:32 PM ---

The Steelers still end up having a bad season and pick towards the middle of the draft where there is one hell of a 4-3 defensive lineman that fell, one of those guys who you can't pass up. Between the d-line aging, a lack of depth at MLB and the opportunity to snag a solid 4-3 player, would you want to see the Steelers do a 4-3?

No. The offensive line is so bad, that the have to address it immediately, even if that means trading up in the draft for a big time tackle and passing up on a perfect 4-3 guy who doesn't fit our scheme. Changing from a 3-4 to a 4-3 is not a one year project. You'd have to spend multiple picks on the DLine in order to get the talent and depth for that kind of defense.

--- Added 10/4/2011 at 12:34 PM ---

Im sorry but this is not a playoff team with Foote and Farrior both starting at LB.

It's going to be interesting to see Farrior and Foote a step behind the tight end and running backs all game long.

--- Added 10/4/2011 at 12:37 PM ---

That's a good problem to have. But what would you do with Woodly or Harrison (when he returned?) That would make 3 OLBs.

Farrior Fan
10-04-2011, 03:40 PM
on obvious passing downs we HAVE to get Sly in there. If I have to watch Farrior trailing a TE by 4 yards again I'm afraid of what I will do to my TV. Mind you this is the TV that I have watched 3 Steelers SB's on and will not upgrade because I'm afraid that we may never get to another SB if I buy one of those fancy 50" tvs. I am really fearing the Patriots game, Gronkowski will go for 200 yds and 4 tds if we have Farrior covering him.

coldrolled
10-04-2011, 03:53 PM
no worries farrior fan. arians will unleash hell and the pats offense wont see the field much...

LatrobePA
10-04-2011, 04:13 PM
James wasn't 100% anyway, this isn't that terrible of a thing, he gets a chance to rest and heal his whole body...

coldrolled
10-04-2011, 04:24 PM
James wasn't 100% anyway, this isn't that terrible of a thing, he gets a chance to rest and heal his whole body...

worilds is the unlucky one. finally a chance to play and hes sitting with james.

chris carter needs to take over.

timmons cant leave farrior and foote back there alone... :eek1:

LatrobePA
10-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Farrior and Foote will fail badly! I hope Dick & Dick(tomlin) have a back up plan!

Big T
10-04-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm actually kind of relieved Worilds is hurt so he won't be starting. He's a complete liability on the field. Gets swallowed up every play.

steelersbabex25
10-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Wait, is nobody questioning how this happened? On Facebook, Harrison said the reason he was having trouble opening his eye was because his forehead pad in his helmet came down when he was making a tackle. How would a forehead pad cause a fractured orbital bone..

SteelCurtain17
10-04-2011, 07:18 PM
It's definately gonna be tough without James for a few weeks, but it's a good thing the Steelers have tons of depth at the position. I am a bit worried though that guys like Foote are losing a step.

Stairwayto7
10-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Sly will play, Farrior cant make it a whole game

--- Added 10/4/2011 at 06:15 PM ---

It's definately gonna be tough without James for a few weeks, but it's a good thing the Steelers have tons of depth at the position. I am a bit worried though that guys like Foote are losing a step.

Depth????

SteelCurtain17
10-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Sly will play, Farrior cant make it a whole game

--- Added 10/4/2011 at 06:15 PM ---

Depth????

Called Sly, Foote, Worilds

Stairwayto7
10-04-2011, 08:21 PM
............ not sure if anyone mentioned this, but even getting blasted in his ear hole, it barely fazed him. He shed the blocker never losing his balance, and running down to get in on the tackle. We now know that he has an orbital fracture, but this guy is tough as nails. And he came back in the game. I know Ben suffered the broken nose last year and comtinued to play but its his job to avoid getting hit. Harrison on the other hand is out to blow ppl up, with a fracture eye ball sockey. IMO not many guys tougher than JH. Im sure its killing him not to play. :helmet:

Scorp
10-04-2011, 08:25 PM
James will be back with a menacing vengeance.

Raleigh Steel
10-04-2011, 08:26 PM
i heard goodell fined harrison for a helmet to helmet hit which caused him to break his orbital bone. 75k :stirpot:

chisteeler
10-04-2011, 08:31 PM
He could have played in the leather helmet days. Nothing but just pure aggression.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-04-2011, 08:35 PM
This gonna be one of the ugliest seasons in a while. However, my nfl watchin choice is limited to
100 Art Rooney Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15212. At least this year I ain't gonna have to worry bout any of them 21 to 21 games with ten seconds left on the play clock. Really, who didn't see this comming? I sure as hell didn't. Least not like this.

SteelCurtain17
10-04-2011, 08:45 PM
No doubt about it! He is one of the toughest men i've ever seen and he'll be back to dominate sooner rather than later

SnakeEyes43
10-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Wait, is nobody questioning how this happened? On Facebook, Harrison said the reason he was having trouble opening his eye was because his forehead pad in his helmet came down when he was making a tackle. How would a forehead pad cause a fractured orbital bone..

He might not have known it was broken when he posted that on Facebook...after all, he did come back into the game. He's a tough mother f'er, but he shouldn't have ever came close to seeing the field with a broken orbital bone.

But if your wondering about the hit, go back and look at the collision, it was certainly enough to break the orbital bone.

Goodfrom55
10-04-2011, 08:56 PM
A little time off will do him well and help his face (and back) heal. Silver lining in all this is in the meantime, now OC's have to figure out what to do, double Woody and let the speedy Timmons go 1 on 1 with an OT, or double Timmons and let the OT go 1 on 1 with the powerhouse Woody. . .

igor0190
10-04-2011, 09:05 PM
A little time off will do him well and help his face (and back) heal. Silver lining in all this is in the meantime, now OC's have to figure out what to do, double Woody and let the speedy Timmons go 1 on 1 with an OT, or double Timmons and let the OT go 1 on 1 with the powerhouse Woody. . .

I was just about to post that Timmons should move outside and Sylvester should get his chance inside... Was this announced already????

Goodfrom55
10-04-2011, 09:13 PM
I was just about to post that Timmons should move outside and Sylvester should get his chance inside... Was this announced already????

Yes, LT will outside, but unfortunately Larry "The Piano Man" Foote will be playing in Timmons spot. Hoping Sly gets some time on the field though.

Big T
10-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Those forehead "pads" aren't soft. Anyone who's worn one can tell you. With the shot his head took, I can definitely see how this happened.

Goodfrom55
10-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Those forehead "pads" aren't soft. Anyone who's worn one can tell you. With the shot his head took, I can definitely see how this happened.

Like having a piece of slate wedged between your forehead and the helmet.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-05-2011, 03:12 AM
............ not sure if anyone mentioned this, but even getting blasted in his ear hole, it barely fazed him. He shed the blocker never losing his balance, and running down to get in on the tackle. We now know that he has an orbital fracture, but this guy is tough as nails. And he came back in the game. I know Ben suffered the broken nose last year and comtinued to play but its his job to avoid getting hit. Harrison on the other hand is out to blow ppl up, with a fracture eye ball sockey. IMO not many guys tougher than JH. Im sure its killing him not to play yea he's as tough as they come:tt02:

Yes, LT will outside, but unfortunately Larry "The Piano Man" Foote will be playing in Timmons spot. Hoping Sly gets some time on the field though. me to because Foote is done imo.:yesnod:
He could have played in the leather helmet days. Nothing but just pure aggression.:plus1:

James will be back with a menacing vengeance.:tt02: yes he will

Deviouz1
10-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Harrison embodies steeler football. no more, no less. he is what every steeler should aspire to be.

Blazedby92
10-05-2011, 12:54 PM
I remember the year Harrison was defensive player of the year MT said that Harrison wasn't even the best pass rusher on the team, that Timmons was better than him

Stairwayto7
10-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Harrison embodies steeler football. no more, no less. he is what every steeler should aspire to be.

He definitely makes you think back to Lambert and Llyod, the intensity to the max

Farrior Fan
10-05-2011, 10:12 PM
even though you can tell he wasn't quite 100% the first 4 weeks, his drive to seek and destroy is as strong as ever. When we are on D, I watch him exclusively because he is always in on the action. He isn't tough as nails, he eats nails for breakfast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzOLiDE3DyM&feature=related

TampaSteelGirl
10-06-2011, 10:35 AM
No doubt about it! He is one of the toughest men i've ever seen and he'll be back to dominate sooner rather than later

Oh yea he sure is...Im gonna wear my 92 throwback this sunday just for him...even though he's not playing...I still gotta represent :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-06-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm still trying to figure out exactly how you break the eye socket bone while wearing a helmet and somehow not end up with a concussion at the same time. You would think you'd be somewhat concussed if you get hit that hard.

TampaSteelGirl
10-06-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm still trying to figure out exactly how you break the eye socket bone while wearing a helmet and somehow not end up with a concussion at the same time. You would think you'd be somewhat concussed if you get hit that hard.

I know..I was thinking maybe his helmet came off or something?? :dunno:

Stairwayto7
10-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Oh yea he sure is...Im gonna wear my 92 throwback this sunday just for him...even though he's not playing...I still gotta represent :tt02:

Its amazing that theres a throwback jerseys for a five year starter