PDA

View Full Version : Things you hope to hear from Tomlin today:

LatrobePA
10-04-2011, 11:43 AM
?????

cmerrifield
10-04-2011, 11:48 AM
I am sorry, I have been an idiot, Max and Flo are on their way.

Rampage
10-04-2011, 11:55 AM
#1: We are unhappy with the performance of the offensive line, so we are talking to both Starks and Adams about a return to this group.

#2: The defensive line has been pushed around, so we are going to try something new with some of the young guys.

#3: Bruce Arians sucks, I fired him and pooped in the cardboard box we gave him to put the hand puppets from his office in.

steelchamp204
10-04-2011, 11:55 AM
"It is what it is, and we were the grapesquashers"

LatrobePA
10-04-2011, 11:58 AM
I just have a feeling he's gonna say:

J. Scott will be ready as well as Legs.

steelchamp204
10-04-2011, 12:03 PM
"I take responsibility for sucking off James Farrior and not sticking it up Woodley's *** far enough"

LatrobePA
10-04-2011, 12:04 PM
"we're going to let Sly split some time at ILB"

Rampage
10-04-2011, 12:08 PM
FACEPALM

Harrison is out for a while, Timmons is OLB and we get Farrior and Foote inside. They'll eat up CJ alright.

SnakeEyes43
10-04-2011, 12:10 PM
"I know we, as a team, haven't played up to our ability. We take full credit for that, we embrace that. Style points don't matter, and we take responsibiliy for the plays we left on the field, after all...it is what it is. It's the nature of the business. At this juncture I not wiling to evaluate my terrible offensive line, simply put: because the o-line and BA told me last night that they were ready to unleash hell. Thank you, god bless"

Troyisabeast_43
10-04-2011, 12:11 PM
Why would you start Larry Foote who has looked old and slow and washed up when he has seen some playing time in place of Farrior and not Jason Worilds?? Why did you draft a guy like Worilds if you have no intention of starting him if a guy like Harrison is out for a few weeks which Tomlin said he is going to be.

LatrobePA
10-04-2011, 12:16 PM
F U TOMLIN!

BlacknGold Bleeder
10-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Somebody posted Worilds is hurt...any confirmation??

SteelJunkie
10-04-2011, 12:24 PM

Ya just heard it on KDKA nothing really said about it.

SnakeEyes43
10-04-2011, 12:24 PM

Checked Steelers.com, listed a quad injury.

Rampage
10-04-2011, 12:28 PM

Quadricep injury and he'll be out.

Troyisabeast_43
10-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Tomlin also said he expects Brett Keisel to be back for this game as well against the Titans and it looks like Aaron Smith is going to have a hard time playing this week also. Tomlin did mention that if Keisel cant go and smith is out that Cameron Heyward would get the start at defensive end in place of either Keisel or Smith.

Rampage
10-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Tomlin also said he expects Brett Keisel to be back for this game as well against the Titans and it looks like Aaron Smith is going to have a hard time playing this week also. Tomlin did mention that if Keisel cant go and smith is out that Cameron Heyward would get the start at defensive end in place of either Keisel or Smith.

Kind of hoping that both guys are out so that we can see what Heyward is capable of.

:thinking:

Troyisabeast_43
10-04-2011, 01:10 PM
He also said that both Scott and Legursky should be available this week as well which would pretty much insert both of them back into the lineup at left tackle and right guard

LatrobePA
10-04-2011, 01:12 PM
He also said that both Scott and Legursky should be available this week as well which would pretty much insert both of them back into the lineup at left tackle and right guard

Great...

Rampage
10-04-2011, 01:13 PM

I want to see how many games this team can go in a row without the same group of linemen. :lol:

SteelJunkie
10-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Someone send them some MacGyver Episodes so they can figure out how to fix these holes with a swiss army knife and duct tape.

Rampage
10-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Someone send them some MacGyver Episodes so they can figure out how to fix these holes with a swiss army knife and duct tape.

They're more like MacGruber and a piece of celery.

Troyisabeast_43
10-04-2011, 01:41 PM
I want to see how many games this team can go in a row without the same group of linemen. :lol:

I prefer moving Marcus Gilbert to left tackle and leaving Legursky in at right guard and moving Ramon Foster over to right tackle. I think a line of Gilbert,Kemo,Pouncey,Legs,and Foster is the best way to go at this point. Scott Im sorry just cannot be counted on on that left side he gets beat way too many times. But I know this will never happen since Tomlin is in love with Scott and thinks he is so good over there at left tackle...

Nolrog
10-04-2011, 01:43 PM

It's not really his decision to make though, is it? The GM is typically the one in charge of putting the team together.

--- Added 10/4/2011 at 12:43 PM ---

So far, it's 1.

75Steeler
10-04-2011, 01:52 PM
"I know we, as a team, haven't played up to our ability. We take full credit for that, we embrace that. Style points don't matter, and we take responsibiliy for the plays we left on the field, after all...it is what it is. It's the nature of the business. At this juncture I not wiling to evaluate my terrible offensive line, simply put: because the o-line and BA told me last night that they were ready to unleash hell. Thank you, god bless"

:rofl: I don't think "unleash hell" will be used in any Tomlin speeches any time soon. I'd like to hear that we unleashed Arians and sent him to where ever he came from.

Diehardsteel
10-04-2011, 02:02 PM
So basically, nothing good came from the conference? No changes? Nothing besides what we must do because of injury??

coldrolled
10-04-2011, 02:05 PM
i didnt want to hear?

Tomlin say... how the titans d-line has a good rotation of eight players to keep them fresh throughout the game. ??? WTF...

I never pick on tomlin, but that one was making me think ...

anyway.. fire arians.

Nolrog
10-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Tomlin say... how the titans d-line has a good rotation of eight players to keep them fresh throughout the game. ??? WTF...

Tomlin should have said we have a good rotation of 3 that gets them worn out by halftime.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-04-2011, 05:22 PM

Hey, nobody told me Mike Tomlin joined our forum!!! How are ya Mike, nice to have you on SteelerAddicts!

SnakeEyes43
10-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Hey, nobody told me Mike Tomlin joined our forum!!! How are ya Mike, nice to have you on SteelerAddicts!

Hahaha, glad you liked it. :yellowthumb: My many wasted hours of watching MT tell us the same garbage every week finally paid off!

Goodfrom55
10-04-2011, 08:10 PM
"In an effort to save Ben's life and to help any chance of us being a playoff caliber team, we will make the following changes along the offensive line this week: Legursky will go to Center, Kemo stays at LG, Foster goes to RG, Gilbert stays at RT, and we are going to try Pouncey at left tackle. We know this will be a challenge, but we subscribe to that. We know Pouncey is capable, he puts his pants on 1 leg at a time, he's a lineman, he sh*ts with the door open and we welcome that challenge".

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-04-2011, 08:19 PM
We got a lot of holes in the front lines. Soon we will fix that. Soon.

SteelCurtain17
10-04-2011, 09:20 PM
"We have stolen the Texans offensive line and they play for us now" :)

cmerrifield
10-04-2011, 10:48 PM

Hey, I got half my wish it looks like.

Goodfrom55
10-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Hey, I got half my wish it looks like.

Just think how easy Tomlin's and Colbert's jobs would be if they would just listen to us once in a while. . .Sheesh!

Rampage
10-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Just think how easy Tomlin's and Colbert's jobs would be if they would just listen to us once in a while. . .Sheesh!

Steelers could be the first organization to run solely on the input of fans.

:lol:

steelers4life66
10-05-2011, 12:13 PM
This will be BA's last year with the Steelers.

MattyVfromCT
10-05-2011, 12:29 PM

Certainly hope so. Annoyed that ben and Tomlin keep vouching for his worthless ***........

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

LatrobePA
10-05-2011, 01:04 PM
" I quit "

HaahahahaaaahhhHAHAHhA

coldrolled
10-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Steelers could be the first organization to run solely on the input of fans.

:lol:

Sorry.... The Browns fans have us beat by a loooooooooong shot...

Goodfrom55
10-05-2011, 02:09 PM

Yes, BA has decided to become the line cook coordinator at Primanti Bros. And we subcribe to that. He's capable.

coldrolled
10-05-2011, 02:10 PM

I get goose bumps from talk like this...

LatrobePA
10-05-2011, 02:15 PM
I get goose bumps from talk like this...

Front bump for me!

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-05-2011, 03:25 PM
It is with great sadness that I decided to retire.

LatrobePA
10-05-2011, 03:47 PM
It is with great sadness that I decided to retire.

LMAO!!

connecticutsteel
10-05-2011, 11:40 PM
I prefer moving Marcus Gilbert to left tackle and leaving Legursky in at right guard and moving Ramon Foster over to right tackle. I think a line of Gilbert,Kemo,Pouncey,Legs,and Foster is the best way to go at this point. Scott Im sorry just cannot be counted on on that left side he gets beat way too many times. But I know this will never happen since Tomlin is in love with Scott and thinks he is so good over there at left tackle...
Foster at tackle is a disaster leave Gilbert Grape on the right side that ids his position he's not going to be a left tackle

--- Added 10/5/2011 at 10:40 PM ---

good morning i'd like to announce the new head coach Bill Cower