PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Play Calling?

SteelCurtain17
10-02-2011, 08:25 PM
I just want to say that I think Ariens is a complete idiot. His play calling makes me sick. They need to take more shots down field to try and hit wallace, brown, and sanders. I know other defenses expect that but you don't have much of choice when we can't run the ball with an offensive line like this. I'm tired of these screens and quick throws. Thoughts???

steelersbabex25
10-02-2011, 08:26 PM
This isn't the game to comment on Arians bad playcalling. He actually did alright today.

steelchamp204
10-02-2011, 08:28 PM
This isn't the game to comment on Arians bad playcalling. He actually did alright today.

10 points.

steelersbabex25
10-02-2011, 08:29 PM
10 points.

Offensive line.

SteelJunkie
10-02-2011, 08:30 PM
He actually needs more quick throws. Deeper throws means ben has to hold onto the ball longer. Wallace was pretty much doubled all night and when he did get open most times it was to late. If he had shorter routes and not just try to blow the top off the defense it might help.

jpele
10-02-2011, 08:30 PM
This is Tomlin's team and it's begining to show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

connecticutsteel
10-02-2011, 08:34 PM
i was gonna sayyou need time to throw down the field

steelchamp204
10-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Offensive line.

10 points.

steelersbabex25
10-02-2011, 08:37 PM
10 points.

...offensive line?

steelchamp204
10-02-2011, 08:39 PM
...offensive line?

More Redman? That worked, and then :nono: more. 3 step drops? Shorter routes. Just saying.

Nolrog
10-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Offensive line.

The offensive line was offensive.

steelersbabex25
10-02-2011, 08:45 PM
More Redman? That worked, and then :nono: more. 3 step drops? Shorter routes. Just saying.

Yeah. Redman was in in the second half and ran wild. And then we got down with one timeout left and not a lot of time to score. Not many things you can do with that scenario.

steelchamp204
10-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Yeah. Redman was in in the second half and ran wild. And then we got down with one timeout left and not a lot of time to score. Not many things you can do with that scenario.

Its ok. We will be celebrating this coming offseason when we dont resign arians.

Rampage
10-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Arians simply doesn't call plays that trick defenses or help weak spots. Running the ball worked for a while and instead of possibly using the play action, he just kept running until it got stuffed then ran some more. Passing, well heck, unless its 30 yards down field, it isn't worth the time. And we all know the line can hold blocks for four or five seconds before letting Ben have it.

I place most of the blame on awful o-line play, but predictable play calling and a gameplan that does not help with weaknesses are the fault of an inept OC.

steelchamp204
10-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Arians simply doesn't call plays that trick defenses or help weak spots. Running the ball worked for a while and instead of possibly using the play action, he just kept running until it got stuffed then ran some more. Passing, well heck, unless its 30 yards down field, it isn't worth the time. And we all know the line can hold blocks for four or five seconds before letting Ben have it.

I place most of the blame on awful o-line play, but predictable play calling and a gameplan that does not help with weaknesses are the fault of an inept OC.

You cant run PA when the line is this bad. Ben would probably turn around and get smacked in the face

Rampage
10-02-2011, 08:52 PM
You cant run PA when the line is this bad. Ben would probably turn around and get smacked in the face

In the third quarter, the Texans were teeing off on the run and bringing in safeties and linebackers. Fake the handoff and hit a quick read for a big play. No wait, screw that. That would make sense. Run the ball into the line again.

LatrobePA
10-02-2011, 08:53 PM
No huddle b4 half = 7

Come out after half same lame **** = 3

**** poor once again Bruce! You need 7 yards and you try to hit on a 30 yard play, **** poor play calling!

Diehardsteel
10-02-2011, 08:59 PM
BA did alright this game. I want more Redman, Wallace (if the line holds up better), and Antonio Brown. AB had some great adjustments to the ball in this game. Something even Wallace is still working on.

Destossel
10-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Im not a fan of BA at all but the Steelers fundamentals are so **** poor that play calling is inconsequential.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2011, 09:01 PM

I agree. Arians is not the reason the Steelers lost this game. Neither is the secondary, who we also like to blame a lot. This one falls on the defense for not playing well at all. Flashes here and there from guys like Troy, or a 1/4 of play where they step up is not sufficient. You need 60 minutes of football like they played in the 3rd quarter today.

Arians can call a perfect game but if the line doesn't block, you don't win.

steelersbabex25
10-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Arians can call a perfect game but if the line doesn't block, you don't win.

Exactly. Doesn't matter how many perfect plays you call, if your quarterback has 1 seconds to throw the ball, not a single play is going to evolve like you would want it to.

Nolrog
10-02-2011, 09:39 PM
if your quarterback has 1 seconds to throw the ball,

Do you think he actually had that long? I think the defenders were beating the ball to him.

LatrobePA
10-02-2011, 09:45 PM
I get what you all are saying about the line, but how many hits did Ben take running the hurry up offense? NONE!!

chisteeler
10-02-2011, 09:46 PM
Im not a fan of BA at all but the Steelers fundamentals are so **** poor that play calling is inconsequential.

I like that word...Inconsequential...:yellowthumb:

Nolrog
10-02-2011, 09:51 PM
I get what you all are saying about the line, but how many hits did Ben take running the hurry up offense? NONE!!

They always seem to do better in the no-huddle. I'm not sure why they don't open with it, and try to set the tone. Of course, giving up a 19 play, 11 minute drive kind of set the tone in the wrong direction.

Stone
10-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but the dilapidated state of our offensive line should not be a surprise to Arians! It's his job to call plays which will make the best of a shoddy O line!

His run plays are virtually the same play every time which allows the D to cheat!

He fails to call plays which will get the ball out of Ben's hands before the O line breaks down!

He fails to call draws and delayed plays which could make the D pay for cheating!

Today's offensive futility is absolutely on Arians! We can't expect five guys named Joe to make the difference!

HUNT4SEVEN
10-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Untill we clean house this is what we are gonna witness week in and week out...

Steelers_All_Day_43
10-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Whyyyyyyy can't we have the Packers line and coordinator?????

LatrobePA
10-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Whyyyyyyy can't we have the Packers line and coordinator?????

They have a coach that has a clue!!

Troyisabeast_43
10-03-2011, 10:13 AM
I thought Arians did okay today as well but if I could have changed one call it would have been the 3rd and 2 draw handoff to Redman which got stopped short about a 1/2 yard before they tied the game at 10-10. I would have tried a quick screen pass to Brown in the flat that would have at least got you a first down, and probably with Brown's speed might have got you a TD. Brown was also wide open on the hitch and go play before the half right after the 15 yard run by Moore was negated on the penalty by Pouncey and Ben completely overthrew him and it would have been an easy TD.

LatrobePA
10-03-2011, 10:15 AM
Arians had two great calls:

(1) Toss sweep to Mendy

(2) Allowing Ben to run the hurry up B4 half

After that it was the same old crap!

TampaSteelGirl
10-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but the dilapidated state of our offensive line should not be a surprise to Arians! It's his job to call plays which will make the best of a shoddy O line!

His run plays are virtually the same play every time which allows the D to cheat!

He fails to call plays which will get the ball out of Ben's hands before the O line breaks down!

He fails to call draws and delayed plays which could make the D pay for cheating!

Today's offensive futility is absolutely on Arians! We can't expect five guys named Joe to make the difference!

I agree here....you run the plays according to the Oline you have....BA does not understand the game....he's so predictable it sucks!

Goodfrom55
10-03-2011, 10:34 AM
Well, if he's (Arians) not gone at the end of this year, then he'll never be gone. At this rate, I give Ben MAYBE 4 more years before he has to retire.

LatrobePA
10-03-2011, 11:10 AM
This team could be so GOOD! Key word could!!!

Ben is a top 5 QB, Brown, Sanders, Wallace, Miller, Mendy, Redman. No way they should of only scored 10 yesterday!!

TampaSteelGirl
10-03-2011, 11:16 AM
You're right Trobe...we have TONS of talent...we just need a good offensive leader.

Root4Stlrs
10-03-2011, 11:21 AM
The defense has covered up a lot of warts for this offense in the past. A couple of years ago when the secondary was shot - Carter playing SS - at least the offense could score to keep up with the other team - Green Bay game comes to mind. That isn't happening now. Offensive line a problem, of course, but so is play calling and coaching. Line needs to figure out how to deal with twists - isn't that on the coaches? Then when one of them does pick up right guy another one lets his man by. Just showed some plays on Mike and Mike. Ben had 3 seconds on one play - that was on Gilbert who got bowled over and was on his back; Kemo got beat on one and Memo helped him on that one but, unfortunately, someone got by Essex. There was at least one where Ben held the ball and should have thrown to Redman coming out of the backfield - they had given him enough time to do that but he started running towards Redman. I can't say anything about Ben after the guts he showed yesterday. At least he never looked scared to me, like Sanchez did, even though he probably should have.

steelersbabex25
10-03-2011, 12:54 PM
This team could be so GOOD! Key word could!!!

Ben is a top 5 QB, Brown, Sanders, Wallace, Miller, Mendy, Redman. No way they should of only scored 10 yesterday!!

I'll say again, when you have an offensive line that doesn't give you any time to throw to those guys, how are you supposed to put up points?

LatrobePA
10-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Ben had time for dump offs, he chose to look past them, watch the game again.

How do you explain not going back into your hurry package? They ran it to perfection with little to no pass rush getting to Ben...

Yea the oline sucks, but so did the play calling! As an OC you have to make adjustments based on what the defense is giving / showing you. The problem with BA and MT is they never alter the game plan period..

3-5 step drops in the eye of an all out jail break blitz isn't it!

TampaSteelGirl
10-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Is Lebeau using a different style of Defense to help compensate the weak secondary?? Meaning the LBs are out further to help with the pass instead of up front to stop the run??? :dunno:

Maybe i'm seeing things different.

Rampage
10-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Is Lebeau using a different style of Defense to help compensate the weak secondary?? Meaning the LBs are out further to help with the pass instead of up front to stop the run??? :dunno:

Maybe i'm seeing things different.

I don't think so and if he has been, then it could be time for him to go. If you are giving up the line of scrimmage, you aren't going to win games. You are better off shutting down the run, rushing the passer and challenging opponents to beat you in the passing game.

I think it is simply a lack of production on that defensive line.

TampaSteelGirl
10-03-2011, 02:34 PM
I don't think so and if he has been, then it could be time for him to go. If you are giving up the line of scrimmage, you aren't going to win games. You are better off shutting down the run, rushing the passer and challenging opponents to beat you in the passing game.

I think it is simply a lack of production on that defensive line.

Ok thanks...it just seems that's what they are doing..this does not look like the same style of D like last year....IMO

Rampage
10-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Ok thanks...it just seems that's what they are doing..this does not look like the same style of D like last year....IMO

The defense looks much different than it has. What I have noticed is that both Hampton and Smith aren't taking on the blocks and keeping the ground that they once did. If these guys are being pushed back, it opens up larger gaps in the opponent's run game and more blockers are available to cancel out linebackers. One bad apple spoils the bunch.

TampaSteelGirl
10-03-2011, 02:40 PM
The defense looks much different than it has. What I have noticed is that both Hampton and Smith aren't taking on the blocks and keeping the ground that they once did. If these guys are being pushed back, it opens up larger gaps in the opponent's run game and more blockers are available to cancel out linebackers. One bad apple spoils the bunch.

But why is Lebeau doing this???

steelersbabex25
10-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Why did LeBeau blitz Polamalu on 3rd and 11 is my question..

Rampage
10-03-2011, 02:46 PM
But why is Lebeau doing this???

I think it is a matter of age for both of these guys. Hampton is 34 and Smith is 35 and they play at two of the most demanding positions for players. Lifting heavy weights and playing that hard takes its toll, and I think that is catching up with these two. I mean, it's hard to believe that either even made it this far considering the hell they have been put through.

The only blame that Lebeau shoulders is in who he plays. If these guys are not capable of performing how they once did, then it is time for some youth. You would think that two recent first round draft picks would be good enough; however, they are obviously lacking. That means one or a combination of three things: They were poor picks, the coaches aren't good enough to prepare these guys or the coaches are simply hanging onto veteran players for far too long.

TampaSteelGirl
10-03-2011, 03:09 PM
I think it is a matter of age for both of these guys. Hampton is 34 and Smith is 35 and they play at two of the most demanding positions for players. Lifting heavy weights and playing that hard takes its toll, and I think that is catching up with these two. I mean, it's hard to believe that either even made it this far considering the hell they have been put through.

The only blame that Lebeau shoulders is in who he plays. If these guys are not capable of performing how they once did, then it is time for some youth. You would think that two recent first round draft picks would be good enough; however, they are obviously lacking. That means one or a combination of three things: They were poor picks, the coaches aren't good enough to prepare these guys or the coaches are simply hanging onto veteran players for far too long.

Im gonna go with some guys should not be out there OUT OF SHAPE....i.e. Big snack, pants not fitting Hampton!!!

BR7
10-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Im gonna go with some guys should not be out there OUT OF SHAPE....i.e. Big snack, pants not fitting Hampton!!!

Dont forget father time (Farrior). He may be in shape, but he's slow as hell. I'm pretty sure I can out run him while pushing a shopping cart full of groceries. He has no reason to be on the field, unless its for the coin toss. :imho:

Rampage
10-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Farrior is one of those guys who can perform when everyone else around him is playing well. When that isn't the case, he just doesn't have it in him. I love what Farrior has done for this team and he still makes the occasional big play (last year he played very well, surprisingly), but his time seems to have passed.

TampaSteelGirl
10-03-2011, 03:23 PM
And the Foote missed 4 crucial tackles in the first half....:cursin:

Rampage
10-03-2011, 03:25 PM
And the Foote missed 4 crucial tackles in the first half....:cursin:

I am very concerned about Foote. If Sylvester is that bad, this team is going to be awful in the next few years. I'm really wondering why Timmons did not get reps this preseason as the signal caller; he should be the man now.

LatrobePA
10-03-2011, 03:31 PM
I am very concerned about Foote. If Sylvester is that bad, this team is going to be awful in the next few years. I'm really wondering why Timmons did not get reps this preseason as the signal caller; he should be the man now.

I can tell you why:

Tomlins lips are placed around the shaft of Farrior and the rest of the vets...:stirpot:

chisteeler
10-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Ben had time for dump offs, he chose to look past them, watch the game again.

How do you explain not going back into your hurry package? They ran it to perfection with little to no pass rush getting to Ben...

Yea the oline sucks, but so did the play calling! As an OC you have to make adjustments based on what the defense is giving / showing you. The problem with BA and MT is they never alter the game plan period..

3-5 step drops in the eye of an all out jail break blitz isn't it!

I SAID BEFORE LAST YEAR THAT BEN KNOWS THE OFFENSE WELL ENOUGH AND HAS GOOD FIELD AWARENESS TO RUN THE HURRY-UP OFFENSE WHEN EVER HE LIKES, NOT TO WAIT FOR WHEN IT'S NECESSARY OR WHEN BA SAYS SO. SO MY QUESTION IS WHY DOESN'T BEN JUST RUN THE OFFENSE THE WAY HE SEES FIT TO DO SO AND PUT BA IN THE BOOTH TO WATCH AND THEN TALK ON THE PHONE OR AT HALFTIME. RUNNING THE HURRY-UP/NO HUDDLE WILL BENIFIT BEN'S HEALTH AND GENERATE POINTS, AS WELL AS KEEP DEFENSES ON THEIR HEELS. THIS WAY THEN YOU COULD LATER SLOW THE GAME DOWN WHEN A LEAD IS FIRMLY ESTABLISHED AND CONTROL THE CLOCK. IF BEN WERE TO DO THIS WITHOUT BA'S BLESSING OR TOMLIN'S KNOWLEDGE, WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO...BENCH HIM?

Deviouz1
10-03-2011, 04:02 PM
easy fella, caps lock is not cruise control for cool.

even the hurry up isnt going to magically transform the offensive line. it might help some but the issues are still there and until theyre fixed ben is going to be picking grass out of his teeth on a regular basis.

chisteeler
10-03-2011, 04:24 PM
^
I wasn't trying to be cool. I noticed half way into my post when I looked up to read it that the caps was locked. I didn't want to lose my thought. As for the hurry-up, anything now is worth a try, and myself and every other addict know until the O line is addressed that there will be problems offensively. What is wrong with thinking outside the box compared to BA's vanilla offensive game plan?

You worry about yourself being cool instead of giving useless advice Fonzy.

TampaSteelGirl
10-03-2011, 04:48 PM
^

"DISLIKE"

LatrobePA
10-03-2011, 04:55 PM

even the hurry up isnt going to magically transform the offensive line. it might help some but the issues are still there and until theyre fixed ben is going to be picking grass out of his teeth on a regular basis.

It would and it did, you're way off!

Goodfrom55
10-03-2011, 05:00 PM
I SAID BEFORE LAST YEAR THAT BEN KNOWS THE OFFENSE WELL ENOUGH AND HAS GOOD FIELD AWARENESS TO RUN THE HURRY-UP OFFENSE WHEN EVER HE LIKES, NOT TO WAIT FOR WHEN IT'S NECESSARY OR WHEN BA SAYS SO. SO MY QUESTION IS WHY DOESN'T BEN JUST RUN THE OFFENSE THE WAY HE SEES FIT TO DO SO AND PUT BA IN THE BOOTH TO WATCH AND THEN TALK ON THE PHONE OR AT HALFTIME. RUNNING THE HURRY-UP/NO HUDDLE WILL BENIFIT BEN'S HEALTH AND GENERATE POINTS, AS WELL AS KEEP DEFENSES ON THEIR HEELS. THIS WAY THEN YOU COULD LATER SLOW THE GAME DOWN WHEN A LEAD IS FIRMLY ESTABLISHED AND CONTROL THE CLOCK. IF BEN WERE TO DO THIS WITHOUT BA'S BLESSING OR TOMLIN'S KNOWLEDGE, WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO...BENCH HIM?

For one thing, you can't run the no huddle if you don't have time to throw the ball and you can't run it if you're not gaining positive yardage. Heck you do that, and the defense wil be back on the field in 30 seconds because of thr worlds fastest 3 and out.

chisteeler
10-03-2011, 05:07 PM
"DISLIKE"

I just don't like the grammar police.

Deviouz1
10-03-2011, 06:18 PM
It would and it did, you're way off!

For one thing, you can't run the no huddle if you don't have time to throw the ball and you can't run it if you're not gaining positive yardage. Heck you do that, and the defense wil be back on the field in 30 seconds because of thr worlds fastest 3 and out.

:plus1:

if i wanted to be the grammar police i would point out that this:

makes absolutely no sense. are you saying that im not giving useless advice? thanks. or did you forget a word somewhere? maybe you meant i SHOULD worry about being cool instead of giving this mysterious "useless advice"? but actually, where did i give ANY advice? or did you mean opinion? yknow what? to hell with it, im not even going to try and muddle my way through that post. make sense when you speak to me you marble-mouthed rube.

pardon me for asking you to stop yelling. as for the advice, ill give you some that isnt useless. a better idea would have been to just turn off caps lock and continue, maybe with a "damn caps lock" blurb or something rather then just bulldozing youre way through a scream post.

but hey, whatever creams your twinky Jethro.

steelersbabex25
10-03-2011, 06:22 PM

THAT WASN'T GRAMMER POLICE. THAT WAS LETTING YOU KNOW THAT IT'S ANNOYING WHEN PEOPLE TYPE THEIR ENTIRE POSTS LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deviouz1
10-03-2011, 06:26 PM
THAT WASN'T GRAMMER POLICE. THAT WAS LETTING YOU KNOW THAT IT'S ANNOYING WHEN PEOPLE TYPE THEIR ENTIRE POSTS LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that would be grammAr.

lol sorry, i just couldnt resist after this little exchange :D

steelersbabex25
10-03-2011, 06:31 PM
that would be grammAr.

lol sorry, i just couldnt resist after this little exchange :D

:lol: Awkward......

steelchamp204
10-03-2011, 06:43 PM
WE SHOULD ALL TYPE LIKE THIS UNTIL THE STEELERS WIN AGAIN?!?!?!?!? THIS WOULD BE KINDA ANNOYING, BUT I THINK WE WIN SUNDAY.

steelersbabex25
10-03-2011, 07:00 PM
WE SHOULD ALL TYPE LIKE THIS UNTIL THE STEELERS WIN AGAIN?!?!?!?!? THIS WOULD BE KINDA ANNOYING, BUT I THINK WE WIN SUNDAY.

WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME!??!?!?!?!?!?!

steelchamp204
10-03-2011, 07:01 PM
WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME!??!?!?!?!?!?!

IM NOT BABE, JUST TYPING BIG SO YOU CAN SEE BETTER AND NOT STRAIN YOUR EYEBALLS SO MUCH:greengrin:

Deviouz1
10-03-2011, 07:29 PM
http://gallery.roadbikereview.com/data/roadbike/500/lol-cats_i-love-this-thread-so-much.jpg

chisteeler
10-03-2011, 07:38 PM
:plus1:

if i wanted to be the grammar police i would point out that this:

makes absolutely no sense. are you saying that im not giving useless advice? thanks. or did you forget a word somewhere? maybe you meant i SHOULD worry about being cool instead of giving this mysterious "useless advice"? but actually, where did i give ANY advice? or did you mean opinion? yknow what? to hell with it, im not even going to try and muddle my way through that post. make sense when you speak to me you marble-mouthed rube.

pardon me for asking you to stop yelling. as for the advice, ill give you some that isnt useless. a better idea would have been to just turn off caps lock and continue, maybe with a "damn caps lock" blurb or something rather then just bulldozing youre way through a scream post.

but hey, whatever creams your twinky Jethro.

What's annoying is when people like yourself have to nick pick about how other people type on a message board. So what if the caps button was on? Does it really matter? If it annoys you so much then move along to the next post. Just because it was on does not mean a person is screaming or yelling. Some things just go unnoticed.Big deal. But if you want to get technical, what's annoying is when you can't even start your sentences with a capital letter. So in truth, you're the rube and an inconsiderate butthole. I would have typed the last part in caps, but I thought you might get offended. This message board use to be about the fans giving their Steelers opinions, but you've turned it in to a personal attack. And by the way, the correct usage is you're, not youre...and isn't, not isnt. And as for the marbles in my mouth, I wouldn't start throwing any stones. So, please do not respond to any more of my posts, as I do not want to be associated with a Steelers fan such as yourself. It's fans like you that give the rest of us a negative image. You're a smart mouthed punk. That is what creams my twinky Bubba!

Deviouz1
10-03-2011, 08:26 PM
first and foremost,

This message board use to be about the fans giving their Steelers opinions, but you've turned it in to a personal attack.

i did NOT turn it into a personal attack.

is not an attack. you started the name calling.

which may have been a mistake, as im sure youre learning. im not as concise, or as good natured as some others. i tend more towards being a bit verbose and detailed than giving a simple "dislike".

which i wasnt doing. but, since you were accusing me of doing something i didnt do, it must mean that you didnt understand what a GrammAr Nazi is, so i decided to give a demonstration to educate you on the subject, thus avoiding future misunderstandings.

obviously im not the only one who feels that typing your entire post in all caps is a bit rude, or hadnt you noticed?

What's annoying is when people like yourself have to nick pick about how other people type on a message board.

that would be "nit pick".

So what if the caps button was on? Does it really matter? If it annoys you so much then move along to the next post.

or i could make a mildly sarcastic post that was meant in good humor and have someone start calling me names. oh, what fun!

Just because it was on does not mean a person is screaming or yelling.

yeah. yeah, it kind of does.

Some things just go unnoticed.Big deal. But if you want to get technical, what's annoying is when you can't even start your sentences with a capital letter. So in truth, you're the rube and an inconsiderate butthole. I would have typed the last part in caps, but I thought you might get offended.
[...]
And by the way, the correct usage is you're, not youre...and isn't, not isnt.

i figure i save myself about 1000 keystrokes per day by not using the shift button. consider it to be my little way of avoiding carpal tunnel. the things i leave out rarely cause someone to have difficulty with understanding my posts. and yet you have problems even when you do use proper punctuation and such.

And as for the marbles in my mouth, I wouldn't start throwing any stones.

as well you shouldnt.

So, please do not respond to any more of my posts, as I do not want to be associated with a Steelers fan such as yourself. It's fans like you that give the rest of us a negative image. You're a smart mouthed punk. That is what creams my twinky Bubba!

really? fans like myself give us a negative image? posters, like myself, who DONT TYPE IN CAPSLOCK OR GET SUPER OFFENDED WHEN SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING EVEN MILDLY REFERENCING MY INABILTY TO STOP SHOUTING? im the one with the negative image?

but dont worry Jethro, ill be happy to ignore your simpleton rants from here on out. consider it done.

chisteeler
10-03-2011, 08:33 PM
^THANK YOU BUBBA! AND THAT WAS ON PURPOSE JUST TO ANNOY YOU!!!

Deviouz1
10-03-2011, 08:35 PM
^THANK YOU BUBBA! AND THAT WAS ON PURPOSE JUST TO ANNOY YOU!!!

<GASP>

im oh so very offended.

steelersbabex25
10-03-2011, 08:38 PM
:popcorn:

LatrobePA
10-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Can we please get back to talking about Bruce Arians?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

chisteeler
10-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Can we please get back to talking about Bruce Arians?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That's all I was trying to do in the first place. I enjoy being able to bounce ideas off one another. I mistakenly typed in caps because it went unnoticed and found myself being told that it wasn't cruise control for being cool. I guess I'll have to be more aware in future posts, as not to annoy anyone. Like we don't have enough to be annoyed about with the way the team is performing. :yellowthumb:

Goodfrom55
10-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Everyone is a little testy (and some have little testes). . HA HA! Just a little levity to break the tension.

Really though, let this loss go and move forward, this is Titans week and for those of us who are spiritual, pray that Ben can play and being home in Pittsburgh rejuvenates this team to perform like champions on Sunday vs the titans.

steeldoc
10-03-2011, 09:06 PM
I usually defend Arians but he sucked this week. The first time Ben got popped I could see the extra defender on the left side uncovered. I was hoping Ben would call a time out but he didn't and he got rocked...it set the tone for the day. No roll out passes, no screens, all five step drops setting him up for eventual decapitation. Houston seemed better prepared, the Steelers seemed a little slow (Farrior, O and D lines) and it was tough to watch.:bangdesk::bangdesk:

LatrobePA
10-03-2011, 09:34 PM
I usually defend Arians but he sucked this week. The first time Ben got popped I could see the extra defender on the left side uncovered. I was hoping Ben would call a time out but he didn't and he got rocked...it set the tone for the day. No roll out passes, no screens, all five step drops setting him up for eventual decapitation. Houston seemed better prepared, the Steelers seemed a little slow (Farrior, O and D lines) and it was tough to watch.:bangdesk::bangdesk:

Pretty much sums it up!

steelchamp204
10-03-2011, 09:41 PM
What's annoying is when people like yourself have to nick pick about how other people type on a message board. So what if the caps button was on? Does it really matter? If it annoys you so much then move along to the next post. Just because it was on does not mean a person is screaming or yelling. Some things just go unnoticed.Big deal. But if you want to get technical, what's annoying is when you can't even start your sentences with a capital letter. So in truth, you're the rube and an inconsiderate butthole. I would have typed the last part in caps, but I thought you might get offended. This message board use to be about the fans giving their Steelers opinions, but you've turned it in to a personal attack. And by the way, the correct usage is you're, not youre...and isn't, not isnt. And as for the marbles in my mouth, I wouldn't start throwing any stones. So, please do not respond to any more of my posts, as I do not want to be associated with a Steelers fan such as yourself. It's fans like you that give the rest of us a negative image. You're a smart mouthed punk. That is what creams my twinky Bubba!

Rube? Did you mean rude? :banana::banana::banana::banana:

chisteeler
10-03-2011, 09:46 PM
^ No, he called me a rube, so I was just returning the favor. It was his initial word, not mine.

Deviouz1
10-03-2011, 09:54 PM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rube

not my word. i just borrowed it.

steelchamp204
10-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Lmfao, anyone try the chicken cheesteak with texas petes hot sauce? I heard its good.

TampaSteelGirl
10-04-2011, 10:25 AM
DAMN!! Why do I always miss the good stuff when a thread takes a nose dive in dog doo doo :thinking:

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG......:grin1:

yea that's right....CAPS, BOLD and LARGE FONT...bring it!!! :rofl:

chisteeler
10-04-2011, 08:15 PM
^ I wish I could bring it, but the font size and bold print do not bother me. I actually find it refreshing. Thanks Tampa.

Goodfrom55
10-04-2011, 09:04 PM
^ I wish I could bring it, but the font size and bold print do not bother me. I actually find it refreshing. Thanks Tampa.

Yes, thank you. Now I no longer have to squint.