PDA

View Full Version : How would you guys feel if Ben was done for the season

steelchamp204
10-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Imho I think I would be happy going 4-12 for the season and getting a high draft pick on a O-linemen than to watch Ben get his *** kicked week in and week out. I just think that his career is def gonna be shortened if this season continues for him like it has for the rest of the season. But I wouldnt care if he was done for the season. The Oline is a complete failure and there is no options with whos out there.

Thoughts?

steelersbabex25
10-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Bad..

jpele
10-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Well you're half way there, Ben is in a walking boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelCurtain17
10-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Well I can see where you're coming from. Ben is gonna get beat up every week and we know that. This offensive line is a complete embarrasement. I have no words for what i've seen so far this year. We definately need to upgrade on the line but the thing is I still think they have a chance to win some games. Last year this offensive line was pretty mucht the same and they almost won the super bowl. Ben gives us the best chance to win so not having him would be a big blow even if he got beat up.

steelchamp204
10-02-2011, 07:21 PM
Well I can see where you're coming from. Ben is gonna get beat up every week and we know that. This offensive line is a complete embarrasement. I have no words for what i've seen so far this year. We definately need to upgrade on the line but the thing is I still think they have a chance to win some games. Last year this offensive line was pretty mucht the same and they almost won the super bowl. Ben gives us the best chance to win so not having him would be a big blow even if he got beat up.

I know we had a bad oline lastyear but this one is worse I think lol

Diehardsteel
10-02-2011, 07:23 PM
but the thing is I still think they have a chance to win some games.

Sure we can, but do we want too? We need the high draft picks to help us get back to where we were. There's no point in making the playoffs as a wild card (chances of that happening?) just to lose in the first round and get a late pick. I say bring on the young talent from the draft and lets start developing. From what we've seen this year it might not be crazy to assume we need 1-3 years to get back to a Championship type of team. Its better than some teams 5-10 years of rebuilding. In some cases more. Some people may not be ready to close the book on this season but as early as it is, I don't think it gets much better in terms of play at certain positions. We'll bounce back strong and sooner than most, if not all teams. Time is needed though, and maybe a new Offensive Coordinator along the way too.

Nolrog
10-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Well you're half way there, Ben is in a walking boot

Worst case though would be 4-6 weeks.

As for how would I feel, well I'm a terrible fan when it comes to this. If we aren't going to win the championship then I'd rather lose every single game so we have a better chance next year. To me, there's no moral victory or great season's where we don't win. Last year we weren't AFC champions, we were Super Bowl losers. Probably not the best way to look at things, but that's how I roll.

steelchamp204
10-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Sure we can, but do we want too? We need the high draft picks to help us get back to where we were. There's no point in making the playoffs as a wild card (chances of that happening?) just to lose in the first round and get a late pick. I say bring on the young talent from the draft and lets start developing. From what we've seen this year it might not be crazy to assume we need 1-3 years to get back to a Championship type of team. Its better than some teams 5-10 years of rebuilding. In some cases more. Some people may not be ready to close the book on this season but as early as it is, I don't think it gets much better in terms of play at certain positions. We'll bounce back strong and sooner than most, if not all teams. Time is needed though, and maybe a new Offensive Coordinator along the way too.

I agree. I would rather be 5-11 or 7-9 or whatever and get a higher draft pick than get into the playoffs and lose the first rnd.

steelersbabex25
10-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Can't believe we've become one of those "let's lose the rest of our games and get a high draft pick" fanbases. That's absolutely pathetic.

Diehardsteel
10-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Worst case though would be 4-6 weeks.

Isn't that a good thing with the O-line playing the way it is? Or really not playing. The longer Ben sits out the better in my eyes. Let that ankle or foot heal up all the way! We have to think about his future with this team as well. We want him around to grab another ring or two right? It's not happening this year, that's for sure, so why throw him back into the fire too soon?

steelchamp204
10-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Can't believe we've become one of those "let's lose the rest of our games and get a high draft pick" fanbases. That's absolutely pathetic.

Never said, lets lose the rest of the games this season lmfao. Just saying I wouldnt care if we went 4-12 and got a high draft pick to get a O-linemen. I read some posts were people are going with the same idea. I just dont wanna see Ben getting sacked 50+ times a year for another 5 seasons or so. Plus we had a great run, a bad seaosn wouldnt kill me.

jnes1216
10-02-2011, 07:35 PM
We're 2-2 not a big deal. O-line problems are a big deal though. I'm not willing to have my best players turn in their helmet for the season. That's great lets teach our younger players to not fight thru adversity and throw in the towel at the least provocation.

SteelJunkie
10-02-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm still not giving up until a few more losses happen. Either way reconstruction is required this off season.

Diehardsteel
10-02-2011, 07:36 PM

It won't happen but would it be to the benefit of us if we happen to do terrible the rest of the season? Yes, yes it would. We'll most likely pull a 7-9 or 8-8 record but we draft pretty well so I wouldn't be to worried about that pick position. We have to much pride to throw games and I'm glad about that.

steelchamp204
10-02-2011, 07:37 PM
We're 2-2 not a big deal. O-line problems are a big deal though. I'm not willing to have my best players turn in their helmet for the season. That's great lets teach our younger players to not fight thru adversity and throw in the towel at the least provocation.

This season schedule could benefit us also. Its not the weakest schedule, But its pretty easy. But anything can happen. Its ther NFl

Steel Trap86
10-02-2011, 07:40 PM
The O-line is complete **** and the D-line isn't too much better, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel after just 4 games.

Rampage
10-02-2011, 07:41 PM
I don't want to see him get knocked out, because that's the end of the season.

Still, a masochistic part of me would like to see it. Let that franchise QB get destroyed behind a craptacular offensive line because you are too stubborn or stupid, FO.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Actually I would be happy for Ben so he can heal up the rest of the year.......For real the man should retire then rather get his *** kicked every week behind that joke of an offensive line.......top five pick and drafting Matt Kalil sounds good to me....Matt Kalil probably is the best LT available......But I'm pathetic for wanting a top draft pick....lol I'm more concerned about the long term then one season when regarding this team......One bad season wouldn't kill the Steelers....I still be a fan if they don't win another game all season.....I have seen two Super Bowl win and three Super Bowl teams....I'm ok with one bad season here and there......

steelchamp204
10-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Actually I would be happy for Ben so he can heal up the rest of the year.......For real the man should retire then rather get his *** kicked every week behind that joke of an offensive line.......top five pick and drafting Matt Kalil sounds good to me....Matt Kalil probably is the best LT available......But I'm pathetic for wanting a top draft pick....lol I'm more concerned about the long term then one season when regarding this team......One bad season wouldn't kill the Steelers....I still be a fan if they don't win another game all season.....I have seen two Super Bowl win and three Super Bowl teams....I'm ok with one bad season here and there......

Yea Im not saying throw in the towel lmfao. Just putting something out there for people to talk about. I mean we did pretty good with the backups lastyear when Ben was gone. I kinda hope this injury sets him out for a little while though. Its not like we have a qb back there that were paying 3mil a season to. This guy is a 100 dollar qb.

Stairwayto7
10-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Im not giving up on the season yet! So i would be devistated. I want us to fix the oline the best we can. Beg Flo. And I want Slyvester to get some time instead of Foote, its obviously the end of the line for Farrior so what is our future.

Diehardsteel
10-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Just because some of us are under the assumption that the poor play will continue for the rest of the season doesn't mean we're "throwing in the towel" on our team or the season. I personally am just going off of what the Steelers are showing me and it hasn't been a whole lot. Nevertheless, still Black and Gold for life! Ride or die! :cope::tt02: HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!

steelersbabex25
10-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Have any of you looked at our schedule the rest of the way? As much as you may hope that we go 4-12, uh, that's not gonna happen.

Rampage
10-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Have any of you looked at our schedule the rest of the way? As much as you may hope that we go 4-12, uh, that's not gonna happen.

Said it in the other thread, I still think they can go 11-5. The problem is, that is a meaningless record if they can't beat talented teams. If this team is going to lose to any team that doesn't flat out suck, they aren't doing anything in the playoffs. Part of me then says that maybe it would be better for this team to fall apart and get a good LT so that this **** won't happen again.

Wait, screw that. Let's draft a RB or OLB. That would help.

Diehardsteel
10-02-2011, 08:01 PM

Never had a chance of happening. Even with our O-line play. We're not the dolphins now, we're the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-02-2011, 08:03 PM

If Ben is out for the season or the majority of the season then 4-12 isn't crazy.....Batch or Dixon behind that OL right now.....lol Plus the D isn't play as well as they did last year so I wouldn't expect the level of play they played at last year while Ben was suspended.......

I hope Ben puts himself on IR at this point.....:lol: If the Steelers actually start putting a quality offensive line in place to protect Ben then he could go on to have many more productive years....But at this current rate he won't last much longer......

Today was very frustrating to watch......The offensive line has been a mess since 2007 but that performance today was the worst I have ever seen....I thought last week was bad but damn today I really don't have the words......:lol:

Diehardsteel
10-02-2011, 08:04 PM

I don't know about that Rampage. I'm kinda feeling the need for a WR on this team. We need speed! :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Said it in the other thread, I still think they can go 11-5. The problem is, that is a meaningless record if they can't beat talented teams. If this team is going to lose to any team that doesn't flat out suck, they aren't doing anything in the playoffs. Part of me then says that maybe it would be better for this team to fall apart and get a good LT so that this **** won't happen again.

This....Matt Kalil LT from USC would look good in Black & Gold.......:yellowthumb:

steelersbabex25
10-02-2011, 08:05 PM
If Ben is out for the season or the majority of the season then 4-12 isn't crazy.....Batch or Dixon behind that OL right now.....lol Plus the D isn't play as well as they did last year so I wouldn't expect the level of play they played at last year while Ben was suspended.......

I hope Ben puts himself on IR at this point.....:lol: If the Steelers actually start putting a quality offensive line in place to protect Ben then he could go on to have many more productive years....But at this current rate he won't last much longer......

Today was very frustrating to watch......The offensive line has been a mess since 2007 but that performance today was the worst I have ever seen....I thought last week was bad but damn today I really don't have the words......:lol:

He's not gonna be out the majority of the season. He was well enough to finish the game today. He'll suck it up and come back, if not next week, then in 2 or 3 weeks.

steelchamp204
10-02-2011, 08:06 PM
I don't know about that Rampage. I'm kinda feeling the need for a WR on this team. We need speed! :lol:

Al Davis- Get me a linemen who can run a 4.5 40 yard dash

Black@Gold Forever32
10-02-2011, 08:08 PM
He's not gonna be out the majority of the season. He was well enough to finish the game today. He'll suck it up and come back, if not next week, then in 2 or 3 weeks.

But really should he suck it up and put himself that type of weekly beating? If I was Ben I would make up some **** up and say its more serious then it really is......Yea he finished the game today but that don't mean anything really.....We won't know more until the MRI tomorrow....

Diehardsteel
10-02-2011, 08:10 PM

I have no doubts they keep him out for at least a week. The only way I see him playing next week is if they bring in some help for the O-line. Not sure how likely that is. Every team, Including the damn Seahawks, have gotten to Ben and hit him hard. He will have a season ending injury behind that line if no relief comes. It's just a matter of what week.

steelersbabex25
10-02-2011, 08:10 PM
But really should he suck it up and put himself that type of weekly beating? If I was Ben I would make up some **** up and say its more serious then it really is......Yea he finished the game today but that don't mean anything really.....We won't know more until the MRI tomorrow....

Really? You really think Ben would do that? Honestly?

Black@Gold Forever32
10-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Really? You really think Ben would do that? Honestly?

No.......Just trying to have some humor right now in regarding the game today........But for real him finishing the game doesn't mean ****....The MRI will tell us more.....If Ben isn't out for the majority of the season it won't matter.....Right now this team is 8-8 at best.....Rather see them finish 4-12 then 8-8......A player like Matt Kalil could help this team big time next year......

--- Added 10/2/2011 at 07:18 PM ---

I have no doubts they keep him out for at least a week. The only way I see him playing next week is if they bring in some help for the O-line. Not sure how likely that is. Every team, Including the damn Seahawks, have gotten to Ben and hit him hard. He will have a season ending injury behind that line if no relief comes. It's just a matter of what week.

My point exactly and why risk Ben to further beatings especially since this team really won't be going anywhere this year....Let old man Charlie or sorry *** Dixon take the beating instead of the franchise......:lol:

Stone
10-02-2011, 09:35 PM
No true Steeler fan, no true football fan, would ever contemplate draft picks for wins.

We need coaching that can get the job done until we get solid play from some key players.

NC Joker
10-02-2011, 09:42 PM
No true Steeler fan, no true football fan, would ever contemplate draft picks for wins.

We need coaching that can get the job done until we get solid play from some key players.

well said stone

SteelJunkie
10-02-2011, 09:48 PM

Well being a true Steeler fan, and a True football fan I will root for this team until we are mathematically eliminated. Once that happens however I want them to lose, and be better geared up for the next season. That includes playing your younger guys to get them some experience.

Clevelandsux
10-02-2011, 09:51 PM
The thing is this o-line has been bad for 5 years. They've done nothing to address it. They have all this money wrapped in this defense and these linebackers. But they've kept winning.I agree, bigben could be dead before the season is over if this keeps up.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-02-2011, 10:05 PM
I would be happy and i hope he is done for the year...we need high draft picks instead of picking 32, 31,30 and 28 all the time

Real Deal Steel
10-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Look, here's the big question:

WILL THE FRONT OFFICE FINALLY DECIDED TO REALLY USE FREE AGENCY TO ADDRESS ATLEAST ONE PROBLEM AREA???

That's the elephant in the room question. If not, then we are not going anywhere because we need to address three areas, O-line, secondary and we need to add something to the D-line because we have no real pressure on the QB anymore.

Diehardsteel
10-02-2011, 10:48 PM

There will be no solid play on the o-line this year and that's where it matters most. Ain't happening, I don't care who's coaching. And no one wants the Steelers to start throwing games. A few of us would rather have a 4-12 season rather than a 9-7 season. It would put us in a better position in the draft and that's just a simple fact. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that.

steelersgal86
10-03-2011, 07:44 AM

agreed...we said a few times yesterday Ben should walk off and say I am done...they are giving him no time..he is getting cremated out there...he shouldnt be getting hurt the way he is...