PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger suffers foot injury

Stairwayto7
10-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Bill Cowher just reported that Ben boarded the plane with a boot on his foot! Not good people, we knew it was a matter of time!

TampaSteelGirl
10-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Bill Cowher just reported that Ben boarded the plane with a boot on his foot! Not good people, we knew it was a matter of time!

Oh ****! He's lucky that's all he injured after that game!!! I honestly feel bad for Ben...except for his reluctance to throw the ball earlier!

JensK
10-02-2011, 05:45 PM

It was bound to happen. At this point one could almost hope that he would be injured enough to make it an actual eye opener for The Rooneys. This team will go the same way as the colts without Big Ben at this point.

TampaSteelGirl
10-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Like I said before....if the front office doesn't do something to make that Oline better if ther $100 Million QB gets hurt....heads need to roll!! Better invest in an Oline to protect the franchise QB...sick of them putting it all on Ben to run for his life!!!

steelersbabex25
10-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Oops, didn't see this. Just posted another thread on it.

Troyisabeast_43
10-02-2011, 05:49 PM
According to the Nfl Network and listening to the Steelers postgame show on the radio he is scheduled to have an MRI done tonight on his foot. They had mentioned that he did leave the stadium today with a boot on his foot and when asked if he would be able to play next week he said if I can be out there I will be out there. Doesnt sound too good listening to those comments from Ben and you knew that it was just a matter of time before this o-line got Ben injured to the point where he would miss sometime. And if this offense loses Ben for any length of time they are going to be in serious trouble. Because this defense is not playing well enough right now to carry this Steelers team if Ben is out. Let's all hope it's not real serious...

steelchamp204
10-02-2011, 05:59 PM
We really have to have 3 threads about this?

Nolrog
10-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Not surprised. Though I figured it would be his knee. Then again, that won't hold up much longer.

Long on the bright side. Someone will give us a shitton of things for Andrew Luck.

steelersbabex25
10-02-2011, 06:00 PM
We really have to have 3 threads about this?

You really didn't see what I just wrote?

Stairwayto7
10-02-2011, 06:02 PM

LOL mine was first but it rally doesnt matter you had more info anyway!:plus1:

steelchamp204
10-02-2011, 06:04 PM

Nope, didnt bother reading anything tbh :nahnah:

Black@Gold Forever32
10-02-2011, 06:08 PM
If I was Ben I would just IR myself......Really screw the season even if this team makes the play-offs I say so what....I'll take a top five pick and a chance to draft the best LT in the draft.....Its time to really rebuild the OL.....Top draft picks is the only way since teams always lock up their top OL with big deals and the Steelers are never huge players in free agency anyway.....

The Steelers fix the OL and all will be good.....Its the major issue......

JensK
10-02-2011, 06:09 PM
What I don't get is why they would wait untill tomorrow with scanning it. Do it tonight so that, if its broken, they have more time to figuring out who'll play instead of him and get him prepared. I demand a sense of urgency!

steelchamp204
10-02-2011, 06:28 PM
You know whats gonna happen. Ben will be 35 or so on the decline of his career(if he makes it to 35 in the NFL) and then our offensive line will be really dominant. Then after he retires we will have a great O-line with someone like Tommy Maddux playing Qb for us

JensK
10-02-2011, 06:43 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers were hit with a bevy of injuries during Sunday's 17-10 loss to the Houston Texans.

The biggest concern is quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said had X-rays following the game on a left foot injury. Roethlisberger, who was wearing a walking boot when he left the stadium, said he didn't know the results of the tests. He also told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette he did not know whether the foot was broken, and said if there was a break, he would try to play through it like he did last season when he played through a broken bone in his right foot.

According to Steelers Digest, Roethlisberger was on crutches as he boarded the team charter for the flight back to Pittsburgh.

Roethlisberger said he was injured on the second-to-last series of the game when he was tackled from behind. He remained in the game but had trouble walking afterward in the locker room. He was sacked five times Sunday, hit several other times and hurried throughout the day behind an injury-plagued offensive line.

Tomlin said linebacker James Harrison, who left the game during the second quarter with a right eye injury, experienced double vision but did return to the game. He will undergo further testing, according to Tomlin. Defensive end Aaron Smith (mid-foot sprain) and linebacker Jason Worilds (left quadriceps) were also injured.

Dee Mca
10-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Hope Ben is alright and hope this injury helps the front office into picking up some o linemen

Nolrog
10-02-2011, 07:38 PM
What I don't get is why they would wait untill tomorrow with scanning it. Do it tonight so that, if its broken, they have more time to figuring out who'll play instead of him and get him prepared. I demand a sense of urgency!

Nothing happens on Monday anyway. They just go in and watch tape. Tuesday is a day off, and they start preparations for the next team on Wednesday. There's plenty of time to prepare the back up.

Rampage
10-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Hope the fatasses on the line are proud.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2011, 08:06 PM
If they have to cast up his foot and let him play, they'll do it. Ben did it all of last year so it's not like his game would be hampered that much if they can go that route. We'll see how it goes but imagine what is going to happen to Charlie Batch if he has to go behind that offensive line!

LatrobePA
10-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Not too concerned, it's not like he can do anything while he's in there.

This is what the FO and Tomlin have been asking for by not addressing this disaster years ago!

Katmandu
10-02-2011, 10:07 PM
Ben did it all of last year so it's not like his game would be hampered that much if they can go that route. The OL was better last year.

Ben (and the rest of our QBs) are going to continue to get killed this year!

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2011, 11:38 PM
We'll know more when the MRI gets done tomorrow. We'll be waiting this news. At this point though, Ben has been so beaten up perhaps a weeks rest even if it isn't bad news wouldn't hurt.

Last I heard he was walking in a boot without that much of a problem but it remains to be seen how bad it's broken, if that's the case.

He'll be sore for sure.

HUNT4SEVEN
10-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Ben needs to go on IR because it's only gonna get worse for him, this season is lost anyways because our o line can't block nobody...Sad thing is it's not the foot that he broke last year, he needs time to get completely healthy, and we need to find a real LT and RT

mwittman5
10-03-2011, 12:10 AM
IF Ben misses time I think we should put Dixon in. Batch would be a sitting duck with this line and get hurt fast. Dixon could buy himself time in the pocket.

NC Joker
10-03-2011, 12:13 AM
not really. Batch get rid of the ball a lot quicker than the other QB's.

mwittman5
10-03-2011, 12:23 AM
not really. Batch get rid of the ball a lot quicker than the other QB's.

Ya and I bet you then we would use more short passes and screens. :duh:

Katmandu
10-03-2011, 12:39 AM
Ya and I bet you then we would use more short passes and screens. :duh:Never happen with BA at the helm. :evilshake:

NorCalSteel
10-03-2011, 05:15 AM
Thats what I dont understand about our passing offense....Ben is getting killed so we keep droping back to make deep passes down the field? It doesn't make sense to me ,quick hit passes and screen plays. Back them off the heavy rush a little then try it. I sure did like the drive we had in the second half that was all runs ,a little old fashion Steeler football there. Of course it would of been nice to hit Heath with a little TD pass at the end....I am still not giving up on this year yet...it is more important to play well at the end of the year then the beggining. :cope:

NOVA STEELERS
10-03-2011, 05:23 AM
Not sure why we don't dink and dunk to get the pass rush to back off..... look what the ratbirds did to us using that :evilshake:

Katmandu
10-03-2011, 09:20 AM
We'll know more when the MRI gets done tomorrow. We'll be waiting this news. At this point though, Ben has been so beaten up perhaps a weeks rest even if it isn't bad news wouldn't hurt.

Last I heard he was walking in a boot without that much of a problem but it remains to be seen how bad it's broken, if that's the case.

He'll be sore for sure.There should be a definite report on his foot by now.

Anybody heard anything yet ?

coldrolled
10-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Ya and I bet you then we would use more short passes and screens. :duh:

first fire arians...

problem, we dont have time to set up a screen...

garrard should be signed.. we need a bull dog QB, he can handle it if ben is out.

big running games are coming back with big backs.. defenses are setup to stop the passing. not stop giant RB's.. even redman looks good blasting apart DL's

Scorp
10-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Ben should get penalized for holding on to the ball too long and trying to extend a play where he's just losing yardage. I feel like bashing Ben but what good will it do?