PDA

View Full Version : Be Positive

Speeed
10-02-2011, 05:21 PM
I read many negative posts during that game day thread. Not constructive criticisms, but just flat out negative commentary. Purely reactionary in nature.

I think this is a transitional year for the Steelers. I am confident they will make adjustments for next year; they do not have a choice. Other teams in the conference have been rebuilding, and we have essentially remained unchanged.

I am confident we will make the playoffs, but I am pretty sure we will fall short. No sweat.

I am no expert, but my prediction on this board for the game was the Texans score some points, and we score a few less with much fanfare, anguish, struggle, etc. And with no surprise to me, that is what happened.

We all know the OL needs work on many levels. Lets focus on what this line can do as opposed to name calling and ignorance. We can expect some wins this year, and some losses.

On a positive note, did you see that catch Miller made? That was the play of the game!

Heck, I don't even know who we play next week . . . .

DanRooney
10-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Until Tomlin shows an effort to make improvements and personnel moves, you're going to hear the same story over and over. No quarterback in the league should be protected by that offensive line.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-02-2011, 05:24 PM
its either the Titans or Jags....We play the AFC South for four straight weeks........

Thisoneguy555
10-02-2011, 05:25 PM
I saw positives in the game, I'll watch the games.. I think the Steelers will be over .500 this season, they are still a top 15 team. But only the top 12 make the playoffs. I think they need to put more effect to get to that point, or they will be that 13th team looking in.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Quite honestly, it shouldn't have to be a transitional year for this team. Had they taken care of business in past offseasons by fixing the offensive line and getting young, good players on defense, they could easily be much more competitive against good team. 2-2 is all well and good, but in reality this team has played like 1-3.

There's always room to be positive, and I will never say die. The fact is this team has gotten old and it remains to be seen if they can dig deep and get back on track.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-02-2011, 05:27 PM
If the Steelers miss the play-off then they better tank the season to get a higher pick.....I know not everybody will agree with me but we need an impact OL and I would say a LT badly so the best way to do that is by getting a top 5-10 pick.....

Diehardsteel
10-02-2011, 05:28 PM
If the Steelers miss the play-off then they better tank the season to get a higher pick.....I know not everybody will agree with me but we need an impact OL and I would say a LT badly so the best way to do that is by getting a top 5-10 pick.....

Oh, I agree. It's much needed.

Rampage
10-02-2011, 05:28 PM
I have a feeling this team could end the season with a winning record; however, I have zero faith that they can beat any competitive teams at this point. Predictable play calling and awful play by both lines = Ain't no Super Bowl this year.

steelersbabex25
10-02-2011, 05:29 PM
I was about to start a thread like this but my head is spinning from writing on the other 2198403284 threads already.

floodcitygirl
10-02-2011, 05:29 PM
No quarterback in the league should be protected by that offensive line.Correction. There was no quarterback protection.

Speeed
10-02-2011, 05:32 PM
I agree, good criticism. I am positive the Steelers management and ownership knows this. I am sure Ben is saying the same thing. The interesting thing about this year is how we will see adjustments from game to game, and make informed and intelligent comments in response.

Until Tomlin shows an effort to make improvements and personnel moves, you're going to hear the same story over and over. No quarterback in the league should be protected by that offensive line.

Diehardsteel
10-02-2011, 05:34 PM
This year isn't even a transitional year, its a down year. A wasted one. Next year will be the year we get the young and future players of the steelers in and playing. Still not by choice but forced to because of age. I know it's still early but I'm sorry, I refuse to believe we make the playoffs with what I've seen so far. I mean, that o-line, are you kidding me? If changes get made, who knows? But those changes MUST get made. Wheres Flo at? :dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2011, 05:42 PM
I have a feeling this team could end the season with a winning record; however, I have zero faith that they can beat any competitive teams at this point. Predictable play calling and awful play by both lines = Ain't no Super Bowl this year.

I was just thinking the same thing dude. I don't think the Steelers are going to finish the year with a losing record. The 2nd half of the season is just too easy right now, but let's not count our chickens just yet even with those games.

I don't have any faith in them beating a clearly superior team yet. The Texans were and are playing better right now, atleast it was competitive but in reality was it really?

steelers40xl
10-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Every one keeps talking about where's flozell adams , don't you people think if the steelers thought for one second he could help the team they wouldn't be in contact with him if he was not good enough to make the team in training camp what kind of shape do you think he is now after sitting on his couch for 8 weeks , how much of a improvement could he possibly be !!!!!:thinking:

Rampage
10-02-2011, 05:46 PM
I was just thinking the same thing dude. I don't think the Steelers are going to finish the year with a losing record. The 2nd half of the season is just too easy right now, but let's not count our chickens just yet even with those games.

I don't have any faith in them beating a clearly superior team yet. The Texans were and are playing better right now, atleast it was competitive but in reality was it really?

The Steelers made too many mistakes for me to feel positive about anything in that game. Zero protection for Ben, zero performance by the defensive line, no pass rush, poor coaching and reliance upon penalties to even stay in the game. Right now, I count the Patriots and Ravens games as loses, plus I'll throw in an upset to the Cardinals and a game against the Bengals or Browns. Still, that would make them a very fragile 11 -5 with a possible wild card berth. They have a lot that needs to change to be competitive. If they can't figure things out, they may as well lose as many as possible to get a real tackle.

Diehardsteel
10-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Every one keeps talking about where's flozell adams , don't you people think if the steelers thought for one second he could help the team they wouldn't be in contact with him if he was not good enough to make the team in training camp what kind of shape do you think he is now after sitting on his couch for 8 weeks , how much of a improvement could he possibly be !!!!!:thinking:

I so disagree it's not even funny.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2011, 06:35 PM
The Steelers made too many mistakes for me to feel positive about anything in that game. Zero protection for Ben, zero performance by the defensive line, no pass rush, poor coaching and reliance upon penalties to even stay in the game. Right now, I count the Patriots and Ravens games as loses, plus I'll throw in an upset to the Cardinals and a game against the Bengals or Browns. Still, that would make them a very fragile 11 -5 with a possible wild card berth. They have a lot that needs to change to be competitive. If they can't figure things out, they may as well lose as many as possible to get a real tackle.

Love the signature man, LOL. After a game like that I had to try and find something to smile about.

As far as the positive goes for this team, I agree it's hard to find much to be excited about except for the punting game. Sepulveda is having a great year so far, clearly rebounded from his injuries.

There are some things if you dig deep. Isaac Redman is running hard, so is Mewelde Moore. Wallace continues to have an outstanding year and the young WR's are making plays when Ben gets time to get them the ball. Until the offensive line gets fixed, it will be hit and miss to say the least.

The defense, well, there is very little to be excited about, period.

TampaSteelGirl
10-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Im trying to be positive....ok so we only lost by 7 so that's a good sign but until we get a decent Oline..we will be in trouble...Vanilla D has to improve!!!!!

Steel Trap86
10-02-2011, 06:39 PM
100 million dollar man, you would think they would put a ****ing brick house up front to protect him lol what a bunch of beach balls

TampaSteelGirl
10-02-2011, 06:49 PM
100 million dollar man, you would think they would put a ****ing brick house up front to protect him lol what a bunch of beach balls

that's exactly what I"ve been saying all along!!!

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Why? We are at the bottom of the heap after only 4 games.

Root4Stlrs
10-02-2011, 09:09 PM
This is a forum. Isn't the point to let people express their opinions whether negative, positive, or whatever?? Frankly, I don't feel positive now. I don't think the Steelers will make the playoffs. That doesn't mean I'm not a fan. I have been thru some pretty bad seasons with this team and I really wish I could be positive now. BTW it wasn't that Flozell didn't "make the team" in training camp. He wasn't ever in Latrobe that I'm aware of. They didn't want to pay him what he wanted. Can't spend $5 or $6 million to protect a $100 million dollar QB sounds like PPPP to me.

Speeed
10-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Why be negative? We are at .500. If every single Steeler fan emitted negative energy well we should just give up.

To quote a famous college student:

What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Why? We are at the bottom of the heap after only 4 games.

--- Added 10/2/2011 at 07:17 PM ---

I never insinuated members not post their opinions. I am just encouraging some positive criticism. And of course, someone posts some negative comments in a "Be Positive" post. I agree there is much to worry about, but there was some good too. :cope:

This is a forum. Isn't the point to let people express their opinions whether negative, positive, or whatever?? Frankly, I don't feel positive now. I don't think the Steelers will make the playoffs. That doesn't mean I'm not a fan. I have been thru some pretty bad seasons with this team and I really wish I could be positive now. BTW it wasn't that Flozell didn't "make the team" in training camp. He wasn't ever in Latrobe that I'm aware of. They didn't want to pay him what he wanted. Can't spend $5 or $6 million to protect a $100 million dollar QB sounds like PPPP to me.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-02-2011, 09:19 PM
This ain't Pearl Harbor and we don't have the United States Armed Forces to save our ***. As a mater of fact we don't have anyone to save our ***.

Nolrog
10-02-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm positive this will be a very long year, without a division title and no playoff berth, which is pretty typical for us after a SB year.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-03-2011, 12:47 AM
There might be more positives to think about tomorrow morning, right now the negatives are so overwhelming it's not even funny.

Even those good things that we do see each week: Redman, Wallace, Sepulveda, Heath Miller, just got overshadowed by a **** poor interior line.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-03-2011, 12:53 AM
I'm not going to be positive I'm also not really mad either.....This team has two Super Bowls and made a third one since 2004 so if the Steelers do miss the playoffs then oh well.....Its going to be brutal watching this mess though especially if Ben is out for a month or two which he will be......

mwittman5
10-03-2011, 01:09 AM
I picked us to go 12-4 and be 2-2 after the 1st four games losing to the Ravens and Texans which we did. Only 2 teams that I see us losing to our the Patriots and maybe the Ravens again. As long as this team beats the teams it should they will go 12-4.

SteelCityVoice
10-03-2011, 01:31 AM
I picked us to go 12-4 and be 2-2 after the 1st four games losing to the Ravens and Texans which we did. Only 2 teams that I see us losing to our the Patriots and maybe the Ravens again. As long as this team beats the teams it should they will go 12-4.

There's no way this team finishes anything above 10-6 in my opinion. Way too inconsistent on both sides of the ball.

If the defense was playing at the level they did last year, then perhaps.

Deviouz1
10-03-2011, 01:59 AM
I'm not going to be positive I'm also not really mad either.....This team has two Super Bowls and made a third one since 2004 so if the Steelers do miss the playoffs then oh well.....Its going to be brutal watching this mess though especially if Ben is out for a month or two which he will be......

now now, dont emit "negative energy" about bens possible demise or how brutal this season is going to be. we wouldnt want to tip the cosmic balance by expressing our disappointment on a forum. if we all just hold hands and sing kumbaya things are sure to turn around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZUNvcU93UM

DBR96A
10-03-2011, 03:07 AM
Reasons to be positive

1. Three of the first four games were on the road, and now the Steelers get to play the next two games at home.

2. Maurkice Pouncey and Marcus Gilbert are both young with lots of upside, and should get better as the season progresses.

3. Keenan Lewis saw some time and played well, and William Gay has not played terribly in the starting role.

4. Ben Roethlisberger is developing good chemistry with Mike Wallace, and now Antonio Brown too.

5. Isaac Redman seems to get the most out of his opportunities, lowering the boom on defenders and pushing the pile.

6. Poor execution is easily correctable, and if done so, then many more games will be won this season, especially with a relatively weak schedule.

Speeed
10-03-2011, 09:13 AM
now now, dont emit "negative energy" about bens possible demise or how brutal this season is going to be. we wouldnt want to tip the cosmic balance by expressing our disappointment on a forum. if we all just hold hands and sing kumbaya things are sure to turn around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZUNvcU93UM

I ain't gonna do that, but knock yourself out. That is far from constructive criticism, but hey, like I said, feel free to give it a try!

:yellowthumb:

Nolrog
10-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Reasons to be positive
6. Poor execution is easily correctable, and if done so, then many more games will be won this season, especially with a relatively weak schedule.

You have a good list of positives. However, what greatly worries me is that we're not looking so much at poor execution, but rather poor (or old) players.

Root4Stlrs
10-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Why be negative? We are at .500. If every single Steeler fan emitted negative energy well we should just give up.

To quote a famous college student:

What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

--- Added 10/2/2011 at 07:17 PM ---

I never insinuated members not post their opinions. I am just encouraging some positive criticism. And of course, someone posts some negative comments in a "Be Positive" post. I agree there is much to worry about, but there was some good too. :cope:

Yes, I posted a negative comment in a Be Positive thread. You actually are inferring that others' negative opinions are somehow less than and will emit some kind of negative vibe that hurts the team. Yes negativity can be carried too far and that happens. People tweet all kinds of nasty things to the players and boo at games. Venting in a forum isn't going to affect anything about the team. I haven't heard any booing since the game against in B'more a few years ago. I think that was actually the year they won the SB.

coldrolled
10-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Positive... try this.

If Andre Johnson isnt out for the season.. We probably lost to the AFC Championship Teams... Ravens vs Texans...

So lets play better now.

Deviouz1
10-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Yes, I posted a negative comment in a Be Positive thread. You actually are inferring that others' negative opinions are somehow less than and will emit some kind of negative vibe that hurts the team. Yes negativity can be carried too far and that happens. People tweet all kinds of nasty things to the players and boo at games. Venting in a forum isn't going to affect anything about the team. I haven't heard any booing since the game against in B'more a few years ago. I think that was actually the year they won the SB.

:plus1:

exactly.

I ain't gonna do that, but knock yourself out. That is far from constructive criticism, but hey, like I said, feel free to give it a try!

"constructive criticism" is useful under certain circustances. this forum is NOT one of those circumstances. how exactly is looking on the bright side while posting on steeleraddicts going to help the steelers? how exactly is pointing out every negative aspect of the team on steeleraddicts going to hurt the team? thats right, it wont. unless of course youre going to say something asinine about "cosmic energy" and its cumulative effect on the universe.

oh wait...

basically youre trying to sugar coat a turd and sell it as a doughnut. i for one aint buying that. i call it as i see it. good bad or indifferent. pardon me for screwing with your cosmic energies.

<eyeroll>

MattyVfromCT
10-03-2011, 02:02 PM
I don't know, im usually very optimistic but this team has shown me nothing for me to believe they will be ok. I could write a novel on all the reasons but its been done 1000 times over

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

75Steeler
10-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Our biggest problems are injuries, age, play calling and rookies not knowing what the hell they are doing. Yeah other than that the Steelers are freakin awesome! :rofl:

Rampage
10-03-2011, 02:27 PM
For whatever reason, I have a new-found confidence in this team and I have no idea why. I just have that gut feeling that something is going to change for the better and soon. Is it a defensive lineman stepping up? Is it the offensive line gelling? I have no idea, but I think this team is going to have a few convincing wins over the next few weeks where they regain their confidence.

Speeed
10-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Man O man!

I just wanted a positive thread. I realize there are plenty of negative threads, and rightly so. I start a thread wanting to be positive and I chastised, and words are put in my mouth.

I never said I wanted the forum any specific way. Why are you rolling your eyes? This is ridiculous. I should be rolling mine. I had no idea this thread would degrade this way. I guess it is just the way of the internet.

"Cosmic Energy?" Funny.

There are some great positive responses in this thread. Keep them coming.:yellowthumb:

:plus1:

exactly.

"constructive criticism" is useful under certain circustances. this forum is NOT one of those circumstances. how exactly is looking on the bright side while posting on steeleraddicts going to help the steelers? how exactly is pointing out every negative aspect of the team on steeleraddicts going to hurt the team? thats right, it wont. unless of course youre going to say something asinine about "cosmic energy" and its cumulative effect on the universe.

oh wait...

basically youre trying to sugar coat a turd and sell it as a doughnut. i for one aint buying that. i call it as i see it. good bad or indifferent. pardon me for screwing with your cosmic energies.

<eyeroll>

Troyisabeast_43
10-03-2011, 02:58 PM
A win Sunday at home against the Titans with games upcoming against the Jags and Zona the next 2 weeks can get the Steelers right back in the race. I really believe this game against the Titans Sunday at home is a pivotal game and very well could determine which direction the rest of this season goes the last 11 games...

Rampage
10-03-2011, 03:03 PM
A win Sunday at home against the Titans with games upcoming against the Jags and Zona the next 2 weeks can get the Steelers right back in the race. I really believe this game against the Titans Sunday at home is a pivotal game and very well could determine which direction the rest of this season goes the last 11 games...

I agree, especially considering that the Titans aren't rolling over for anyone right now. This is the perfect opportunity for the Steelers to come into a game, protect their QB who they just about had killed and stop a prolific runner at home. This is the prime opportunity for a bounce back performance if there ever was one.

LatrobePA
10-03-2011, 03:23 PM
I was positive when I sat on the can this morning and all I could come up with was a fart!

Now I'm back to being negative!!

Troyisabeast_43
10-03-2011, 03:28 PM
I agree, especially considering that the Titans aren't rolling over for anyone right now. This is the perfect opportunity for the Steelers to come into a game, protect their QB who they just about had killed and stop a prolific runner at home. This is the prime opportunity for a bounce back performance if there ever was one.

All good points as well for it being a good bounce back game. Plus, the Steelers simply cannot afford to go down another game in the loss column to the Ravens seeing that the Ravens already own the head to head tiebraker and have a game in hand on them as well seeing that they have their bye week this weekend. You gotta be able to keep pace with the Ravens until that rematch on November 6th because the schedule after that gets much much easier the rest of the season having 2 games each with Cincy and Cleveland,and one game each with KC,St Louis,and San Francisco. So if you win the next 3 games and even lose to the Patriots and are sitting at 5-3 going into that Ravens game and beat them you are 6-3 with those last 7 games looking very very winnable...

Speeed
10-03-2011, 03:34 PM
I feel the same way. I think either way, we start seeing more of the young talent. I think at this point, each game is pivotal, not only for the future of the team, but for simply making the playoffs!

QUOTE=Troyisabeast_43;446171]A win Sunday at home against the Titans with games upcoming against the Jags and Zona the next 2 weeks can get the Steelers right back in the race. I really believe this game against the Titans Sunday at home is a pivotal game and very well could determine which direction the rest of this season goes the last 11 games...[/QUOTE]

Deviouz1
10-03-2011, 03:43 PM
If every single Steeler fan emitted negative energy

"Cosmic Energy?" Funny.

yeah, i thought so too.

I never insinuated members not post their opinions. I am just encouraging some positive criticism.

why? Why be positive? We are at .500. If every single Steeler fan emitted positive energy it would do JACK SQUAT.

We all know the OL needs work on many levels. Lets focus on what this line can do as opposed to name calling and ignorance.

you berate people for speaking their minds, if its negative, you call them ignorant, and then you expect that no one should call you on your hypocrisy? pfft, not this cat. do you even understand what the word ignorant means? because the way you used it would suggest that anything negative is ignorant.

what did someone say that was born of ignorance? that the OLine sucks? it does suck. how is that ignorant? are you wanting specifics so it doesnt sound ignorant to you? it seems to me you can find a TON of specifics in every thread. so instead of insinuating that people are ignorant why dont you give some examples. youre such a fan of constructive criticism in situations where its completely POINTLESS, so how about you put that feeling to good use?

i really hope youre right.

Rampage
10-03-2011, 03:50 PM

I've never been right before, so the law of averages has to kick in sometime!

:lol:

Deviouz1
10-03-2011, 03:57 PM
I've never been right before, so the law of averages has to kick in sometime!

:lol:

one can always hope.

Clevelandsux
10-03-2011, 07:24 PM
We looked horrible. Looked horrible all year.

Goodfrom55
10-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Reasons to be positive

1. Three of the first four games were on the road, and now the Steelers get to play the next two games at home.

2. Maurkice Pouncey and Marcus Gilbert are both young with lots of upside, and should get better as the season progresses.

3. Keenan Lewis saw some time and played well, and William Gay has not played terribly in the starting role.

4. Ben Roethlisberger is developing good chemistry with Mike Wallace, and now Antonio Brown too.

5. Isaac Redman seems to get the most out of his opportunities, lowering the boom on defenders and pushing the pile.

That's fair, especially #6, as long as the coaches are willing to correct their coaching style and adjust accordingly, Steelers have way too much talent to go into the tank.

Speeed
10-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Why are you so angry? You totally hijacked this thread. And I don't even think that last quote you attributed to me is mine.

I just don't get it. Please do not bother replying to me in this thread, as I will not reply for the sake of argument. Please speak of "polishing a turd" in your own thread. I still don't get the anger.

I never berated anybody. On the contrary.

yeah, i thought so too.

why? Why be positive? We are at .500. If every single Steeler fan emitted positive energy it would do JACK SQUAT.

you berate people for speaking their minds, if its negative, you call them ignorant, and then you expect that no one should call you on your hypocrisy? pfft, not this cat. do you even understand what the word ignorant means? because the way you used it would suggest that anything negative is ignorant.

what did someone say that was born of ignorance? that the OLine sucks? it does suck. how is that ignorant? are you wanting specifics so it doesnt sound ignorant to you? it seems to me you can find a TON of specifics in every thread. so instead of insinuating that people are ignorant why dont you give some examples. youre such a fan of constructive criticism in situations where its completely POINTLESS, so how about you put that feeling to good use?

Deviouz1
10-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Why are you so angry? You totally hijacked this thread. And I don't even think that last quote you attributed to me is mine.

what a short memory you have. refer to your opening post. its definitely there. if it hadnt been i doubt i would have posted in the first place.

I just don't get it. Please do not bother replying to me in this thread, as I will not reply for the sake of argument. Please speak of "polishing a turd" in your own thread. I still don't get the anger.

of course you dont. you wouldnt.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-03-2011, 10:30 PM
http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Transportation/UFOs/flying_saucer_2.gif ok, I'm eff n positive already. Hey, is the season over yet?

SteelCurtain17
10-04-2011, 08:47 PM
I think that the main reason we as fans are so frustrated is that we are so spoiled to have a team that has so much success. When a year like this comes we don't handle it well and we are in unfamiliar territory. I agree that this is a transition year and they will make plenty of adjustments for next year.

Speeed
10-04-2011, 09:52 PM
I think that the main reason we as fans are so frustrated is that we are so spoiled to have a team that has so much success. When a year like this comes we don't handle it well and we are in unfamiliar territory. I agree that this is a transition year and they will make plenty of adjustments for next year.

Good point. As a fan, I surely am not used to being where we are at. Especially living near Baltimore in the Heart of Raven's fandom (the in-laws are maniacal fanatics).

Goodfrom55
10-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Positive thought regarding the defense.

Including fumble recovery for a TD vs Colts, the Steelers have given up the 5th fewest points in the NFL so far this young season, and 35 of those 72 points given up were against Baltimore. Take those 7 points away, and it is 65 points in 4 games which is a 15 PPG average. That SHOULD be good enough to win in the NFL.

Once the offense gets out of it's own way (and it will), the Steelers will be a force to reckon with. I am not naive or blinded by my passion for the Steelers, I am just not throwing in the "towel".

BlitzburghRockCity
10-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Positive thought regarding the defense.

Including fumble recovery for a TD vs Colts, the Steelers have given up the 5th fewest points in the NFL so far this young season, and 35 of those 72 points given up were against Baltimore. Take those 7 points away, and it is 65 points in 4 games which is a 15 PPG average. That SHOULD be good enough to win in the NFL.

Once the offense gets out of it's own way (and it will), the Steelers will be a force to reckon with. I am not naive or blinded by my passion for the Steelers, I am just not throwing in the "towel".

It just goes to show how stats can be so misleading. Looking at the Steelers pass defense numbers you'd think we have one of the best the league. Ye they get shredded at will against good QB's.

They had a great game against Seattle and the game against the Texans they were tied up late in the game. If they just could have made a few more plays it would have been a different outcome, even with Foster having a big day.

Nobody is throwing in the terrible towel; if the offensive and defensive line can just start showing up, the sky is the limit.

Katmandu
10-07-2011, 06:05 AM
I think that the main reason we as fans are so frustrated is that we are so spoiled to have a team that has so much success. When a year like this comes we don't handle it well and we are in unfamiliar territory.

I agree that this is a transition year and they will make plenty of adjustments for next year.I agree with up to the point of this being a transition year. THAT is what has me so disappointed.

This was NOT supposed to be a transition year given the fact of hanging on to some older guys.

KSSteelerfan
10-07-2011, 10:23 AM
This thread is so exasperating to read that I just feel like doing this

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n94/charliechoppa/facepalm.gif