PDA

View Full Version : Brown needs more playing time.

Clevelandsux
10-02-2011, 11:28 AM
I say we play Brown more instead of Sanders. He's got way better hands than Sanders and has more big play potential. I'm not a big Sanders guy. He had a terrible game last week.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Sanders has been money the first 2 weeks of the season. He had an off game last week but he's got a huge upside. Considering he had no training camp and almost no preseason, I'd say he's doing pretty well.

Brown is the main return guy and he's getting a lot of looks from Ben as well. There's only so many passes to go around so everyone has to step up with every chance they get to make a play.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Brown needs to play more but not for Sanders but for Hines Ward.....Ward is old, slow, done.....

Diehardsteel
10-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Brown needs to play more but not for Sanders but for Hines Ward.....Ward is old, slow, done.....

Agreed.

steelersbabex25
10-02-2011, 06:04 PM
Brown has been getting a pretty adequate amount of playing time IMO. He had a lot of good catches today, but he's still not reading defenses well and his routes are questionable. He's not ready to start. Not yet.

Stairwayto7
10-02-2011, 06:09 PM
OMG Ive been saying this for a month. Brown should be our No.2, Hines 3/4 and Sanders 4/3

Rampage
10-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Can he play LT?

Stairwayto7
10-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Can he play LT?

Better than anyone we have now

JensK
10-02-2011, 06:17 PM
He usually catch the ball when it comes his way, but he is running so many bad routes where it is obvious that Big Ben expected him to be somewhere else. I like the poise which he brings to the table, but he needs to learn that play-book, if he wants to continue gaining trust from the coaching staff. I think Big Ben addressed that as well, did he not?

Stairwayto7
10-02-2011, 06:23 PM
He usually catch the ball when it comes his way, but he is running so many bad routes where it is obvious that Big Ben expected him to be somewhere else. I like the poise which he brings to the table, but he needs to learn that play-book, if he wants to continue gaining trust from the coaching staff. I think Big Ben addressed that as well, did he not?

I dont think he see the blitzes and so he doesnt adjust

steelersbabex25
10-02-2011, 06:25 PM
I dont think he see the blitzes and so he doesnt adjust

And that's something that seperates a #1/#2 receiver from a #3/#4 receiver. Hines may be older and slower, but he can still read defenses.

DanRooney
10-02-2011, 06:26 PM
And that's something that seperates a #1/#2 receiver from a #3/#4 receiver. Hines may be older and slower, but he can still read defenses.

Obviously Hines adjusted to the defense better. He had 1 catch for 19 yards!

Thisoneguy555
10-02-2011, 06:28 PM

He should have had 2 for about 50 yards, Ben made a great throw to him and he just dropped it...

Also I noticed he was open a couple of times but Ben was running for his life.

steelersbabex25
10-02-2011, 06:28 PM

And it was a big catch.

Black@Gold Forever32
10-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Brown has been getting a pretty adequate amount of playing time IMO. He had a lot of good catches today, but he's still not reading defenses well and his routes are questionable. He's not ready to start. Not yet.

Only way Brown gets better and improved if he starts and receives the majority of playing time.....I'm willing to live with his mistakes while Brown gets the much needed experience.......Brown is the future while Ward is the past......Hines has been a great player for the Steelers but Ward starting really makes no sense......They ran a quick slant to Ward and he got no separation.......Ward still can beat zone defenses but when teams man him up he is done.......

steelchamp204
10-02-2011, 07:10 PM

Whats reading defenses gonna do when your only getting about 3 rec per game this year for no more than 40 yards a game. Well he did get 67 yards on the opener, but since then :evilshake:

Nolrog
10-02-2011, 08:40 PM
I say we play Brown more instead of Sanders. He's got way better hands than Sanders and has more big play potential. I'm not a big Sanders guy. He had a terrible game last week.

Brown needs to get his head out of his *** first, and start making the right reads. He missed a hot read a couple times.

jnes1216
10-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Brown needs some improvement, but he seemed like the only one to show some fire today, especially when he grabbed that kick return out of Redman's hands.. He wanted to make a play and has that desire to be great, the rest of the offense seemed ho-hum today.

Stairwayto7
10-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Believe me I hate to think and see Hines get old. But the truth is on his only catch today he went out was covered found the soft spot and sat there. Thats about all he can do! Cant imagine the Steelers without him, but right now cant see him being much help.

Nolrog
10-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Cant imagine the Steelers without him, but right now cant see him being much help.

Wallace didn't do too much today either.

SteelCurtain17
10-04-2011, 10:15 PM

Let's face it. Both Brown and Sanders have a ton to learn since this is only their second year in the league. I think out of the two guys I'd prefer to have Brown get more of the snaps just because his playmaking ability is through the roof

Goodfrom55
10-04-2011, 10:45 PM
They both have tremendous upside, but Brown needs to communicate better with Ben in regard to hot routes and reading defenses. Sanders is a great route runner, but sometimes these guys need to break off their routes, recognize the blitz and run a hot route. This alone will minimize the beating Ben takes on a weekly basis. Regarding Hines sitting in the zone, that's what he does; he has made a living on that. He gets open, but when Ben is running for his life, Hines gets lost in Ben's survival mode.

Blazedby92
10-05-2011, 06:46 AM
He is too streaky with his hands,seems to always miss a couple every game and is a horrible route runner, Sanders should be the starter

SteelDad
10-05-2011, 09:19 AM

Good analysis here... Brown has the ability to score any time he touches the ball as does Wallace, but it's clear AB has struggled with hot routes and reading blitzes. That has to improve before he becomes a #2 guy.

Nolrog
10-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Good analysis here... Brown has the ability to score any time he touches the ball as does Wallace, but it's clear AB has struggled with hot routes and reading blitzes. That has to improve before he becomes a #2 guy.

The best way for that to improve though, is to play (and then tape review the following week.) I expect his reads will have been the focus of tape study this week and he'll be better this week.

LatrobePA
10-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Less Ward / more Brown!!

Farrior Fan
10-05-2011, 12:26 PM
He should have had 2 for about 50 yards, Ben made a great throw to him and he just dropped it...

Also I noticed he was open a couple of times but Ben was running for his life.

RU kidding me? yes he dropped it a split second before the defender got there but he got absolutely lit up. Even on his best day 5 years ago I have a hard time believing he could hold onto that one. He knew he was about to take a hit and couldn't concentrate enough on the ball even though Ben made a great throw.

IMO Brown should be the #2 simply because of his huge play ability. We need to have at least 2 or 3 huge plays on offense per game to win this year. With our RB's running behind a God awful O line that really leaves Wallace and Brown as the guys that can win it for us.

connecticutsteel
10-05-2011, 12:34 PM
He is a tremendous player but he often runs the wrong routes

BlitzburghRockCity
10-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Arians says he scripts 5 home run plays per game. I've seen them use maybe 2 in the first half so far of each game but they rarely go back to them. Once again a case of not using all your weapons effectively. Get Sanders and Brown involved more in the deep game.