PDA

View Full Version : Fans too old to wear their favorite jersey?

steelchamp204
09-30-2011, 06:29 PM
I guess he only wears suits to the games he attends.

Apparently according to Rick Reilly from ESPN, you can't wear your team jersey if you're past age 29! Read on to see the rest of his pointless, stupid, rant.

Link (http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7008222/rick-reilly-jersey-rules)

SteelJunkie
09-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Sounds to me he must be to ashamed of his team to show support for them. He just doesn't want anyone supporting their team because he is to embarrassed to leave the house in his jersey. lol

steelersbabex25
09-30-2011, 06:52 PM
:rofl: I kind of agree with everything he said..

Farrior Fan
09-30-2011, 06:52 PM
while a few lines were entertaining it was an overall piece that was trying to get attention. I wear my Polamalu jersey all the time, and I love the WVU tshirts.

But don't get me started on the dads that show up to my 8 yr old sons soccer games wearing cleats....i mean really???

Rampage
09-30-2011, 06:54 PM
A guy who cares that much about something as meaningless as jerseys is :lloyd: to begin with.

MattyVfromCT
09-30-2011, 06:57 PM
rick reilly is, always was and always will be a grade a douche........

steelersbabex25
09-30-2011, 06:59 PM
:lol: Men. I guarantee every woman who reads this will agree with everything he wrote.

Rampage
09-30-2011, 07:09 PM
:lol: Men. I guarantee every woman who reads this will agree with everything he wrote.

But a woman's opinion counts as, what, 1/10th of a man's?

:banana:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm quite sure the near 70,000 fans at Heinz each week that sport jersey's or the millions of fans that crowd stadiums every week would probably beg to differ with Mr. Reilly.

Reilly is an asshat, always has been. It's just an attention getter article.

steelchamp204
09-30-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm quite sure the near 70,000 fans at Heinz each week that sport jersey's or the millions of fans that crowd stadiums every week would probably beg to differ with Mr. Reilly.

Reilly is an asshat, always has been. It's just an attention getter article.

I really really really hope im not the only guy who thinks chicks are hot as **** wearing them women jerseys that go with there curves lmfao. Idc whose name is on the back:imho:

MattyVfromCT
09-30-2011, 07:21 PM
I really really really hope im not the only guy who thinks chicks are hot as **** wearing them women jerseys that go with there curves lmfao. Idc whose name is on the back:imho:

cosigned! :plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1:: plus1:

unless it's a jersey of a team i hate lol

steelchamp204
09-30-2011, 07:47 PM
cosigned! :plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1::plus1:: plus1:

unless it's a jersey of a team i hate lol

Ok, now that was funny, I lold out loud on that one bud.

steelers4life66
09-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Really Rick....... You couldn't find anything better to write about. You pathetic F**kstick.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-30-2011, 08:53 PM
:doublefinger: to u Riley...

Bucsfan4ever
09-30-2011, 09:34 PM
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/fan4ever_2006/Tailgate2006-2.jpg

He's got be kidding!! I'm 76 years old and I'll wear my Ronde Barber jersey whenever I please!! :yesnod:

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Rule #1. Wear what you got, when you want, where ever you want, with who ever you want on it. It is your money not what the hell is his name's business. Not now not fn ever.
Trent Dilfer actually thought some dumb *** in blatimore wanted his auto...h. No one ever asked him for an autograph. No wonder he is pissed. On and on. He really needs to fut the shuck up.

Callax
09-30-2011, 09:48 PM
rick reilly is, always was and always will be a grade a douche........

moron douche idiot he wrote anything to get some attention

Steelers086
09-30-2011, 10:04 PM
But a woman's opinion counts as, what, 1/10th of a man's?

:banana:

Hahahahahaha! XD

F*** Reilly.

I'll be 33 in a couple of weeks. I'll wear my jersey to games (or more appropriately in my case, viewing parties for games at bars) with my hat and my towel, because I paid for them and damn it, I'll fly my colors whenever the hell I feel like it.

Now some of the rules I agree with.

#2 wear a shirt under it. For the love of all things holy...

#5 no 'your name here' jerseys, the waterboys are the only people who get the honor of their name on a jersey and not actually be on the team... They're at least part of the organization and out on the field.

#7 haha. Yeah.

About those waivers...

Waiver A it doesn't quite work like that you douche, it works more like she says, "So, you're a fan of (insert team here) huh?" which results in me saying, "Yeah, lemme buy you a drink."

Waiver B wearing a jersey prevents the wearing of insulting t-shirts now doesn't it Reilly? Dumb f***.

Waiver C like you were going to get to meet that person anyway? Besides, I've gotten a few signed because I had them on me when I saw the player, took it off because I had a shirt on under it, and asked if it could be autographed...

Waiver D I don't disagree with this at all, I'd just like to point out the fact that I do it because I WANT someone to start talking $#!Ŧ to me. That's most of the fun of going on the road. :yellowthumb:

steelchamp204
09-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Rule #1. Wear what you got, when you want, where ever you want, with who ever you want on it. It is your money not what the hell is his name's business. Not now not fn ever.
Trent Dilfer actually thought some dumb *** in blatimore wanted his auto...h. No one ever asked him for an autograph. No wonder he is pissed. On and on. He really needs to fut the shuck up.

Ok, Im confused now. Trent Dilfer what?:banging:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2011, 11:03 PM
I don't mind seeing fans with their own name on the back of jersey's. After all, you're supporting your team by wearing their colors but you also support the fact that you are a fan by putting your name on it.

I have a jersey that has the number 06 and the name STLRADDCTS

connecticutsteel
10-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Obvious attempt to distract us from the fact that rick rielly doesn't know dick about sports EPIC FAIL

Thisoneguy555
10-01-2011, 12:38 AM
Who is this guy and why does he have a job?

Deviouz1
10-01-2011, 12:54 AM
ill shove my Lambert jersey down his throat to be swiftly followed by a size 13 Nike. im creeping up on 38 and ill be damned if i dont wear my jersey to work at least once a week including the offseason. good thing Microsoft has a very lax dress code. :)

LarryNJ
10-01-2011, 03:40 AM
:rofl: I kind of agree with everything he said..

I always have followed most of those rules. :) I'd never wear a jersey of someone younger than me. And I agree unless he's in the hof you don't wear a jersey of a guy gone from your team. So I have 2 jeresey's Jack Ham & Pens Mario. I wear them only to games and bars at playoff time or at home watching a game. I have t-shirts and hats that I wear just not jerseys.
I don't have a problem with and never really thought about others wearing them. This is just how I've always been.

Hmmm...I always wondered why all the chicks dig me. Now I understand. :lol:

Koopa
10-01-2011, 04:31 AM
I thought I was to old to wear a jersey when I turned 22.... Thats why they make t-shirts, shows the same amount of support and u don't look like a jackass lol

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steelersbabex25
10-01-2011, 07:52 AM
I thought I was to old to wear a jersey when I turned 22.... Thats why they make t-shirts, shows the same amount of support and u don't look like a jackass lol

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Trust me guys, most of these rules are pretty true..:lol:

steelchamp204
10-01-2011, 10:26 AM

I see some points. I know I dont wear jereyes as much as I did in the past. I have about 26 steeler t-shirts in my closet. Usually the only time I wear them is on gameday and such. I just dont see the prob with wearing them though as much as Reilly does haha

MattyVfromCT
10-01-2011, 11:14 AM

my girlfriend would agree with you and reilly but i don't see what is so wrong with wearing a jersey. nothing wrong with supporting your team and players by wearing a jersey. now grown men painting their faces, and dressing like it's halloween like these morons below, that's another story.........

http://www.lobshots.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/raiders-fans.jpg

http://www.homermcfanboy.com/images/ravens-fans.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XU9x8G7khv0/SrqaR0rw9XI/AAAAAAAAJcI/wm1OS65YOUY/s400/broncos_fan.jpg

http://www.strangesports.com/images/content/145926.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0812/nfl.fans.week14/images/seahawks-fans.jpg

http://www.unathleticmag.com/wp-content/uploads/fat-packer-fan.jpg

sorry for all the pics but i couldn't resist. too funny lol. i wear a jersey and hat, that's about it but THIS is ridiculous. grown men and women dressing like that doesn't make you a bigger fan, just makes them look like complete morons rofl

Deviouz1
10-01-2011, 03:12 PM
O.o what the hell is with those ratbird fans and their stripey socks? makes em look like purple versions of strawberry shortcake.

mos07
10-01-2011, 03:36 PM
I still wear my jerseys, so Reilly can stick it.

However, I did see one absolutely pathetic display. About five years ago at the Labtrobe HS night practice for the Steelers, some idiot had black elctrical tape over the name on an old jersey, because a new Steeler had the number. For the life of me I cannot remember the number, but nonetheless it was an embarassing display.

MattyVfromCT
10-01-2011, 03:55 PM
I still wear my jerseys, so Reilly can stick it.

However, I did see one absolutely pathetic display. About five years ago at the Labtrobe HS night practice for the Steelers, some idiot had black elctrical tape over the name on an old jersey, because a new Steeler had the number. For the life of me I cannot remember the number, but nonetheless it was an embarassing display.

r u serious? god people do STUPID THINGS

Root4Stlrs
10-01-2011, 10:13 PM
This is Reilly's schtick. Making fun of pop culture as relates to sports. There"s always enough truth in something like this to make people agree with parts of it. It's all part of the human tendency to want to feel superior to others and he's taking advantage of that. It riles up those who are being made fun of and the ones who don't wear jerseys can think "I'm much too sophisticated for that." He wrote a book about spending two years looking for the dumbest sports in the world or something like that. Whatever. He needs to worry about something more important than whether people wear jerseys or not. I just read the first part which wasn't too entertaining and skipped the rest. I can't even believe I'm spending any time writing about it.

TackHammer
10-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Damn....I'm 46 and I'm guilty. But F#CK EM !!!!! Game day rolls around, I'm sporting the colors!! Does having six jerseys make it a bigger infraction?

Clevelandsux
10-02-2011, 10:32 AM
I have six steelers jerseys and I'm 40. Screw this douchebag.

floodcitygirl
10-02-2011, 12:19 PM
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/fan4ever_2006/Tailgate2006-2.jpg

He's got be kidding!! I'm 76 years old and I'll wear my Ronde Barber jersey whenever I please!! :yesnod:I think you look great in your jersey! I would only suggest that black n gold would be much better with your skin tone. :imho:

I wear what I want. I never think a negative thing about my Steeler brothers and sisters wearing their jerseys at any age! The thought that you can't show support for your team by wearing a jersey because you reach a certain birthday, to me, is stupid. I do agree with some of the writer's other points.