PDA

View Full Version : Don't expect to see more of Isaac Redman in the redzone

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2011, 09:55 AM
In this article, where Bruce Arians is talking about various topics surrounding the Steelers offense, and the question was raised about Redman in the redzoe:

Will you give Redman more opportunities at the goal line?

ďNo, itís Rashardís job. There was one play [in the Seattle game where Rashard] bounced a play outside and he actually made the right read. We took him out because he didnít hit it straight up in there, and he actually was right. So, we should have left him in there. Heís done too good of a job inside the 5-yard line. That goal line [TD] run against Seattle where he spun and hit it, that was a great run. Thatís his job.Ē

So as much you want to see Redman getting more carries in those goal to go situations, especially inside the 5...forget about it.

chisteeler
09-30-2011, 10:14 AM
My point on a previous thread about BA's arrogance due to a position of "power" is now solidified.

BA: Hey, I'm in charge and I will not use Redman in the redzone, even though I know the fans and the Press are right, I will continuously give it to Mendy just to spite everyone to satisfy my massive ego or lack of intelligence...so deal with it!

steelchamp204
09-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Im a huge Redman fan. This doesnt make any ****ing sense. Rashard made the right read? The why the **** didnt he get in the endzone? Im sorry, Im not posting anything else until I cool down after this joke of an article. I guees his job is to make the right read and not get into the endzone. This has to be BA's lastyear.

LatrobePA
09-30-2011, 10:22 AM
Easy, as stupid as BA is he won't give up his gameplan to reporters...

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2011, 10:27 AM
OMG seriously??????? I hate BA even more now!! That guy is as bad as Goodell...my way or the highway! Go ahead you jack:moon: keep mendy in there and getting more negative yardage....now im f'in pissed!!!!! :cursin:

Jerkoff POS!!!

--- Added 9/30/2011 at 09:27 AM ---

Im a huge Redman fan. This doesnt make any ****ing sense. Rashard made the right read? The why the **** didnt he get in the endzone? Im sorry, Im not posting anything else until I cool down after this joke of an article. I guees his job is to make the right read and not get into the endzone. This has to be BA's lastyear.

Me too...this BETTER be BA's last year!!!

connecticutsteel
09-30-2011, 10:31 AM
I don't think Redman is a better back at the goal line but i do think they need to have both of them in the backfield for the element of surprise

steelchamp204
09-30-2011, 10:34 AM
How many "Fire Arians" facebook pages are there? I wanna start one up and get over 1,000,000 members lol

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2011, 10:39 AM
How many "Fire Arians" facebook pages are there? I wanna start one up and get over 1,000,000 members lol

I'll totally "LIKE" your page! :yellowthumb:

steelchamp204
09-30-2011, 10:45 AM
I'll totally "LIKE" your page! :yellowthumb:

Ok since I have 1 follower thats all I need to get the ball rollin, now i just need a title. hhhmmmmmmm... Ba "Butt Angry" hate page, or BA "Bullshyt Assfyber" idk. But I WILL stART one today

SnakeEyes43
09-30-2011, 11:13 AM
:duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh::duh:

Rampage
09-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Merriam-Webster changed the definition of idiot to "Bruce Arians." Moron is now, "See idiot."

LatrobePA
09-30-2011, 12:19 PM
Merriam-Webster changed the definition of idiot to "Bruce Arians." Moron is now, "See idiot."

What word is now changed for Tomlin for allowing this shitbag to do whatever he wants?

Puss, wussy, pussy, douche, asswipe, retarded, dick, ****, dumb, overrated??

Big T
09-30-2011, 12:43 PM
I don't get it. Mendenhall is a very good goal line back. That play against the Seahawks wasn't even his fault...Legursky and David Johnson both completely wiffed on their blocks.

Diehardsteel
09-30-2011, 02:31 PM
:cursin::cursin::banging::banging::rant2::rant2:

I'm not trying to take anything away from Mendenhall but I'd much rather have REDZONE REDMAN <----------- get carries in the redzone and near the goal line. The dude can be a mini bus sometimes...call me crazy. I feel like this year is the "Lets not do anything to help ourselves" year. :evilshake:

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2011, 02:36 PM
:cursin::cursin::banging::banging::rant2::rant2:

I'm not trying to take anything away from Mendenhall but I'd much rather have REDZONE REDMAN <----------- get carries in the redzone and near the goal line. The dude can be a mini bus sometimes...call me crazy. I feel like this year is the "Lets not do anything to help ourselves" year. :evilshake:

I feel exactly the same way....the stubbornness of the coaches is killing me..I mean the fans are screaming, we see what's gonna work. Why cant the coaching staff see what is working and what definatley ISN'T and WON'T work!!!! :banging:

steelersbabex25
09-30-2011, 02:39 PM
THAT'S RASHARD'S JOB?!?!?! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG. I'm about to go to jail. I'm going to jail. I'm about to punch literally everyone in the face right now. The kids nickname is REDZONE REDMAN :fcs:

Yes, Arians. Let's run Mendy every run play of the game without giving him some relief with any other backs. That worked out really well for Willie Parker.

chisteeler
09-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Hey BA?...There's this new piece of technology out called...wait for it........Game Film.

Now, the purpose of this new and inovative piece of reference is to later view it when the game is over. It actually allows you to review plays and players. With this technology, you can see what is successful and what isn't successful. And to top it off, it will even fast forward or rewind to view a play several times. You might need to ask the equipment manger how to use the remote, but I'm sure he'll help you along.

Hey, Give it try!

LatrobePA
09-30-2011, 03:13 PM
BA has never thought like most OC's should, he always thinks he's a step ahead of what a defense is planning but in reality he's 20 steps back!!

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2011, 03:44 PM
THAT'S RASHARD'S JOB?!?!?! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG. I'm about to go to jail. I'm going to jail. I'm about to punch literally everyone in the face right now. The kids nickname is REDZONE REDMAN :fcs:

Yes, Arians. Let's run Mendy every run play of the game without giving him some relief with any other backs. That worked out really well for Willie Parker.

:rofl: tell them girl!! BA must have long and short term memory loss... :dunno:

Rampage
09-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Anyone else think of Idiocracy when they hear about Arians?

"Say's here, you're f'd up. Your s***'s all 'tarded and you talk like a f**."

It's on repeat in my mind.

LatrobePA
09-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Making it to the SB last year was a double edge sword named Bruce. I say if we fell short he's gone, make it and he's back...

HUNT4SEVEN
09-30-2011, 04:35 PM
My point on a previous thread about BA's arrogance due to a position of "power" is now solidified.

BA: Hey, I'm in charge and I will not use Redman in the redzone, even though I know the fans and the Press are right, I will continuously give it to Mendy just to spite everyone to satisfy my massive ego or lack of intelligence...so deal with it!

:clap::clap::clap: well said...

Thisoneguy555
09-30-2011, 04:35 PM
Well Mendy did have 13 touchdowns last year, most of them were inside the 10.

I find it amazing how on the goal line Mendy will run straight for the hole and get positive yards into the endzone. But anywhere else on the field, he's dancing in the backfield like an idiot losing yards.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-30-2011, 11:05 PM
This closed minded thinking is what keeps the Steelers from leading the league on offense. God knows they have the weapons for it. Who cares who's job it is. If you don't produce, it doesn't mean jack. You score or you don't keep your job, it's as simple as that when you're running in the red zone and short yardage.

I don't know what he's smoking either, I've seen Mendenhall just get blown up near the goal line countless times. If you use Redman in short yardage between the 20's but don't use him in short yardage at the goal, how much more can you possibly contradict yourself!

coldrolled
09-30-2011, 11:26 PM
I don't get it. Mendenhall is a very good goal line back. That play against the Seahawks wasn't even his fault...Legursky and David Johnson both completely wiffed on their blocks.

same play as the SB, minus matthews popping the ball out.

--- Added 9/30/2011 at 10:26 PM ---

This closed minded thinking is what keeps the Steelers from leading the league on offense. God knows they have the weapons for it.

:plus1::cope::plus1:

Farrior Fan
09-30-2011, 11:56 PM
Easy, as stupid as BA is he won't give up his gameplan to reporters...

Don't be so sure, remember this is the same jackass that said after the SB that they didn't change anything when Charles Woodson went down. I mean why try to pick on a backup CB? This guy is dumber than a box of rocks. He tried out for the movie Dumb & Dumber but was turned away because the director said no one will believe that someone is that dumb. And for God's sake he was fired by the Browns.

Root4Stlrs
10-01-2011, 10:54 PM
I don't think Redman is a better back at the goal line but i do think they need to have both of them in the backfield for the element of surprise

OK, I know you must be saying this tongue in cheek using "element of surprise" in a sentence talking about the Steelers' offense. :thinking:

--- Added 10/1/2011 at 09:54 PM ---

Don't be so sure, remember this is the same jackass that said after the SB that they didn't change anything when Charles Woodson went down. I mean why try to pick on a backup CB? This guy is dumber than a box of rocks. He tried out for the movie Dumb & Dumber but was turned away because the director said no one will believe that someone is that dumb. And for God's sake he was fired by the Browns.

I've avoided criticizing him but this is getting more and more ridiculous. A telling point is that SB winning offensive coordinators are usually hot commodities. IDK maybe he has let it be known he isn't interested in a head job or going to another team. I'm giving him the benefit of doubt here.