PDA

View Full Version : William Gay to start against the Texans

LatrobePA
09-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Mark Kaboly is reporting via Twitter this afternoon that Steelers cornerback William Gay will once again get the start this Sunday at left cornerback against the Houston Texans in place of Bryant McFadden. Keenan Lewis will come in at the outside spot in nickel packages and Gay will slide inside to the nickel cornerback spot as he has done the last several weeks. McFadden seems to have lost his spot altogether after being hampered all season by a hamstring injury. Kaboly stated that McFadden will not play at all so that could mean he will be inactive for a third straight week. According to the latest injury reports, McFadden practiced fully all last week and never showed up on any of the injury reports leading up to the Sunday night game against the Colts. He also was not listed on the Wednesday injury report released yesterday afternoon.

Zachintosh66
09-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Matt Schaub is licking his chops...

Rampage
09-29-2011, 08:37 PM
May as well cut McFadden. He's like having Bob Sanders without the talent.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Schaub would have been licking his chops no matter who was starting at CB opposite Ike Taylor. The fact that BMac is not playing is as much a reflection on his lack of production and injury woes as it is Gay's ability to atleast make some plays. Atleast Will can blitz and has a somewhat decent ability to play the NB spot. Now in the starting role against a good QB with good WR's we'll really see if he's improved at all this year.

Goodfrom55
09-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Needless to say, Gay will be leading the team in tackles on Sunday. Over / Under on his tackles is 11. Hope some of the rooks get a look as well.

Nolrog
09-29-2011, 09:12 PM
At least Keenan is getting a lot of time right now as well. Would be great to see some of the other corners get some reps as well though.

Diehardsteel
09-29-2011, 09:41 PM
:banging::banging::banging::banging::banging:

TampaSteelGirl
09-29-2011, 10:26 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banging::willybs::eek1::cursin::evilshake:

cmerrifield
09-29-2011, 10:56 PM
We all complain that Tomlin likes his vets and needs to give the young guys a chance, well this is step one, recognizing that some of the vets should be inactive. Step 2 will be starting Lewis, Brown or Allen over Gay.

LatrobePA
09-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Just think we pretty much gave up Holmes for this shitbag (BMac) right??

Farrior Fan
09-29-2011, 11:35 PM
Just think we pretty much gave up Holmes for this shitbag (BMac) right??

Please do not remind me of that....can you imagine our WRs with Santonio in there? Of course it doesnt matter because we refuse to address the super big huge elephant in the room.....Ben is not safe because our Oline SUCKS

steelersbabex25
09-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Atleast he won't give up the big play...

cmerrifield
09-30-2011, 09:14 AM
People, get over the Holmes trade. He wouldnt be a Steeler this year anyway. We would have only had him for 12 games last season. We could not have paid him 10 million a year and then kept Wallace. We would have had to chose, and I would prefer Wallace to Holmes. Also, just to be accurate, we got McFadden and Brown for Holmes, not just McFadden.

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2011, 10:00 AM
People, get over the Holmes trade. He wouldnt be a Steeler this year anyway. We would have only had him for 12 games last season. We could not have paid him 10 million a year and then kept Wallace. We would have had to chose, and I would prefer Wallace to Holmes. Also, just to be accurate, we got McFadden and Brown for Holmes, not just McFadden.

Exactly!! I'd take Wallace over Holmes anyday...kids just shuts it and plays. No offfield crap to deal with....:yellowthumb:

steelchamp204
09-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Put Gay on Johnson therefore Johnson will get laxy dazical. Then have Gay do this. When Johnson is going back to huddle Gay runs out of nowhere and tackles him behind his knee,hopefully causing damage, but not permanatley. The what Happens is, Johnson is out for the rest of the game. We still have our best CB out there playing. and McFadden cancles our the badifity of Gay? Its a total wn for the steelers.

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2011, 10:22 AM
Put Gay on Johnson therefore Johnson will get laxy dazical. Then have Gay do this. When Johnson is going back to huddle Gay runs out of nowhere and tackles him behind his knee,hopefully causing damage, but not permanatley. The what Happens is, Johnson is out for the rest of the game. We still have our best CB out there playing. and McFadden cancles our the badifity of Gay? Its a total wn for the steelers.

Play nice :spank:

steelchamp204
09-30-2011, 10:48 AM
Play nice :spank:

:cursin:

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2011, 11:33 AM
:cursin:

What??? :rofl:

steelchamp204
09-30-2011, 11:36 AM
What??? :rofl:

Well I kinda like gettin whipped like that so :yellowthumb:. Opps, just I just say that :lol:

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Well I kinda like gettin whipped like that so :yellowthumb:. Opps, just I just say that :lol:

Some how I knew you would enjoy a good whoopin my friend!! :rofl:

I just know people....:yellowthumb:

steelchamp204
09-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Some how I knew you would enjoy a good whoopin my friend!! :rofl:

I just know people....:yellowthumb:

I think we just jacked the thread, Ok back on topic now :tt02:

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2011, 12:19 PM
I think we just jacked the thread, Ok back on topic now :tt02:

Oops...my bad!