PDA

View Full Version : Your most hated announcer

steelchamp204
09-27-2011, 08:39 AM
I have been inured from work for the past 5 months now and I actually get to watch football. I miss it so much and glad I have the time off to watch it but damn do I hate these announcers that are on EVERY sunday lol. So I wanted to start a pole on which one is the worst of kissing Qb's ***'s. and just being annoying to begin with.

Collinsworth, Jaws, Simms

SteelDad
09-27-2011, 08:52 AM
While Jaws has marbles in his mouth, he at least can analyze football. Simms and Collinsworth are useless and pick favorites.

steelchamp204
09-27-2011, 11:07 AM
While Jaws has marbles in his mouth, he at least can analyze football. Simms and Collinsworth are useless and pick favorites.

I think Jaws is worse than Simms about being on a certain quarterbacks dong's. All I heard lastnight was how tony romos receivers were the problem all freakin game cause they should be making Immacualnt catches all the time. But then when they make catches to make tony look good, ITS ALL ABOUT ROMO. If Tony held onto the ball to long and too a hit, it was the lines fault, If he misses an open receiver, its the wr's fault. If he gets VD from a hooker its his Jason Garrets fault for letting him around women.

chisteeler
09-27-2011, 11:15 AM
I do not mind Collinsworth or Jaws all that much. Simms on the other hand is just too in love with himself. I'm sure if he took some classes to be a contortionist, then he would, that way he could stay home and satisfy himself, instead of boring the rest of us.

As for the announcer that I can not stand listening to do a game on any level is Deirdorf!

LatrobePA
09-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Bernie **** in the mouth Kosar!

HUNT4SEVEN
09-27-2011, 12:33 PM
All of em suck...

Stone
09-27-2011, 12:40 PM
They all suck!

No matter what game they are doing, that team is awesome and the players for that team are unstoppable!

Rampage
09-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Simms by a huge margin for me. Collinsworth used to get on my nerves, but Simms is the reigning champ. Jaws is a turd, but at least we don't get him too often.

Thisoneguy555
09-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Jaws is pretty football smart. Collinsworth is at least funny, I've cracked up so many times listening to him and Michaels.

I really like Simms, seems people here hate him because he's never really been a Steelers fan. But I'd pick him just because out of the 3, I like him the least.

steelersbabex25
09-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Simms far and away. Although, the only announcer that I really like is Gruden. Gruden is the man.

steelchamp204
09-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Simms far and away. Although, the only announcer that I really like is Gruden. Gruden is the man.

You know who I like, Troy Aikmen. I thought he would be really Biased, but he tells it how it is also. Hes pretty good.

cmerrifield
09-27-2011, 06:18 PM
I like Collinsworth, he said Sunday that the AFC road to the Super Bowl goes through Pittsburgh. Everyone else says New England. He could be the worlds worst announcer and I would like him after that. :yesnod::tt02:

A Pac
09-27-2011, 06:30 PM
How dare anyone make a bad commentator list without having Joe Buck at the top of the list. He is absolute worst on the planet.

Rampage
09-27-2011, 06:38 PM
How dare anyone make a bad commentator list without having Joe Buck at the top of the list. He is absolute worst on the planet.

Joe Buck has absolutely zero emotion; however, I don't really care about that. At least he doesn't hug the nuts of a few teams and ramble on about them any chance he gets.

Aikman cancels out some of Buck's shortcomings, in my eyes.

Goodfrom55
09-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Simms and Nantz.

MattyVfromCT
09-27-2011, 07:03 PM
of the 3, simms by far. hate his guts. jaws is annoying. i actually dont mind collinsworth, especially now that he's paired with the best in the biz, al michaels. also despise nantz, buck and aikman

BlitzburghRockCity
09-27-2011, 07:50 PM
I can't stand Phil Simms, never really liked him but it's gotten worse in recent years. I honestly don't mind Collinsworth that much anymore, he used to annoy the hell out of me because he was opinionated and biased towards the Bengals. He's gotten better recently and works pretty good with Al Michaels.

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Collinsworth is hilarious. Simms is ok, can be annoying at times. Can't stand Jaws though.

--- Added 9/27/2011 at 06:00 PM ---

Also, I haaaaate Troy and Joe. They are soooooo boring

airbrake 1
09-27-2011, 08:15 PM
sims is a complete idiot and i think he utterly hates the steelers...collinsworth used to be a steeler hater but he has seemed to hide his disdain as of late...as for my worst and dumbest announcer of all time does anyone remember beasley reese while i don't think he had a bias, he was absolutely a train wreck in the booth, he must have some compromising pictures of a television executive to hold onto his job for as long as he did...it was always an event to watch beasley call a game...

Stairwayto7
09-27-2011, 08:43 PM
I do not mind Collinsworth or Jaws all that much. Simms on the other hand is just too in love with himself. I'm sure if he took some classes to be a contortionist, then he would, that way he could stay home and satisfy himself, instead of boring the rest of us.

As for the announcer that I can not stand listening to do a game on any level is Deirdorf!

I agree, CC will say something funny now and then. Actually the worst ever to me is Thiesman. bar none, always redskins with that puke. And most boring is Rod woodson on NFL network, loved him as a player, but not behind the mic

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Matt millan is pretty bad too. I wish Madden would come back. He's the GOAT

Root4Stlrs
09-28-2011, 12:55 AM
I like Collinsworth. I also like Jaws o.k. b/c he's with the group he's with. Watching Gruden's face when the others are talking is entertainment all by itself. Simms just grates on me, I don't know what it is exactly - his inflections, his cadence - I hate when he is announcing a Steelers game. I don't understand why he is so high on the network's list.

STEELyourface
09-29-2011, 06:03 AM

HA! Deirdorf is horrible, so is Fouts! I voted for simms, can't stand how quickly he goes to the "back in my day" line and constantly talks about what he did or would do. I personally love Jaws. I know a lot of people don't but I also know a lot of people that enjoy his passion. I can understand why he annoys people, but for whatever reason, it doesn't bother me. The Matchup show he does with Sal Pal and Hogey is the best show on tv when it comes to the NFL, too bad its on at like 4am.

Bucsfan4ever
09-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Know he's not on the list but I just can't stand Joe Buck...just something about him that hurts my ears!

TampaSteelGirl
09-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Know he's not on the list but I just can't stand Joe Buck...just something about him that hurts my ears!

OMG ME TOO!! I can't stand his voice!! Bit of a montone as well.. :thud:

steelersbabex25
09-29-2011, 02:08 PM

You know, the team who scores the most points is gonna win this game.

MattyVfromCT
09-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Bryant gumbel is horrible. I remember back in 07 during a Thursday night game I forgot who was playing but he called the 2 minute warning the 3 minute warning and completely screwed up a call on a fg attempt. And the kick is good, no wait, it missed, MY BAD........

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

MattyVfromCT
09-29-2011, 09:35 PM

Lol matt miller during the 09 cleveland thurday night debacle" your know, the fans in the stands are much colder than the players on the field because the players are moving around and the fans are sitting still". THANK YOU DR SCIENCE...........

Zachintosh66
09-29-2011, 10:02 PM
Theisman...

SteelCityVoice
09-29-2011, 10:56 PM
My biggest pet peeve watching football is when they bring a guest into the booth and completely ignore the action on the field. ESPN and FOX are notorious for this.

Joe Buck is awful. Boring, monotone, and worst of all, he only has a job because his last name is Buck. I absolutely hate nepotism.

I also hate when people state the dead obvious. Like Urban Meyer in the Pitt/ND game saying about 27 times that 3rd and 5 is easier to convert than 3rd and 10. No **** sherlock!

I do like when color analysts break down the x's and o's of a play, showing how a guy got blocked out, or how the guard pulled and blocked well downfield. I wish color ANALYSTS actually did ANALYSYS!

Someone mentioned John Gruden. I think he's really good at this gig. Sadly, 99% of the announcers out there are just garbage.

steelersbabex25
09-30-2011, 12:02 AM
My biggest pet peeve watching football is when they bring a guest into the booth and completely ignore the action on the field. ESPN and FOX are notorious for this.

HATE THIS. They'll be talking about something completely random and then there will be like a big play on the field and it'll be like ":blah: ...and we've got a first down on the field.. :blah:" Like, bro. I REALLY don't care about what you're saying. I didn't turn this on to hear you talk about whatever your heart desires.

Someone mentioned John Gruden. I think he's really good at this gig. Sadly, 99% of the announcers out there are just garbage.

Twas me, and yes, I love him. He's I think the only announcer that I can listen to without rolling my eyes every 10 seconds.

Root4Stlrs
09-30-2011, 12:36 AM
All of them are great at stating the obvious like "the key to the game is scoring more points than the other team." No kidding.

SteelCityVoice
09-30-2011, 01:17 AM
"Coach Tomlin can't be happy about that turnover" DURRRRRRR

Blazedby92
09-30-2011, 10:37 AM
Is that the only options, though their horrible but there is a arse load, Theisman didn't even make this list and he is even worse then those guys especially when it's against the Foreskins.
It would be easier to tell you who I like which is none, most of the good announcers were the old school ones, the old Monday night football from the 90's, Pat Summ????

TampaSteelGirl
09-30-2011, 11:35 AM
I never liked Gruden as a coach but I love him on MNF..he's pretty funny! Like a kid in a candy store sorta guy :lol:

steelchamp204
09-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Is that the only options, though their horrible but there is a arse load, Theisman didn't even make this list and he is even worse then those guys especially when it's against the Foreskins.
It would be easier to tell you who I like which is none, most of the good announcers were the old school ones, the old Monday night football from the 90's, Pat Summ????

I really dont hear Theisman EVERY sunday like these guys, so it doesnt bother me.

steelers4life66
09-30-2011, 10:27 PM
How bout Joe Buck??

Bucsfan4ever
09-30-2011, 10:36 PM
Joe Buck?....Yuck!!!

Scorp
10-01-2011, 02:13 AM
I don't mind any of them. I do, however, really miss Howard Cosell and Dandy Don Meredith.

steelers4life66
10-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Joe Buck?....Yuck!!!
My thoughts also. Thats why I was wondering that he didn't make the list.

LarryNJ
10-01-2011, 09:58 AM
I'd vote for Joe Buck too. Jaws while not great in the booth is at breaking down film. The worst on the sidelines is Tony Siragusa.

SteelCityVoice
10-01-2011, 12:11 PM
I'd vote for Joe Buck too. Jaws while not great in the booth is at breaking down film. The worst on the sidelines is Tony Siragusa.

Siragusa is a prime example of the "Look at me it's about me" mentality of Fox broadcasting. It's NOT about you Tony, it's about the game on the field.

mos07
10-01-2011, 02:50 PM

I could not disagree more. Summerall bored me to death - as a teenager, I never got the love affair everybody had with Madden/Summerall, and I still don't.

Aikman and Buck are boring as hell also.

Tony Cornholio was the absolute worse though - although Dennis Miller gave him a run for the money - what were those tv execs thinking???????

I like Gruden as alot of you have said. But to disagree with a few of you, I really like listening to Dan Dierdorff on broadcasts - call me crazy.

Say a few extra prayers for that O-Line tonight...........

:cope::cope::cope:

MattyVfromCT
10-01-2011, 07:16 PM
I could not disagree more. Summerall bored me to death - as a teenager, I never got the love affair everybody had with Madden/Summerall, and I still don't.

Aikman and Buck are boring as hell also.

Tony Cornholio was the absolute worse though - although Dennis Miller gave him a run for the money - what were those tv execs thinking???????

I like Gruden as alot of you have said. But to disagree with a few of you, I really like listening to Dan Dierdorff on broadcasts - call me crazy.

Say a few extra prayers for that O-Line tonight...........

:cope::cope::cope:

just look back at the super bowl 14 broadcast. on terry's 73 yard bomb to stallworth tom brookshier is all into the play yelling WOW! WHAT A CATCH! OVER THE WRONG SHOULDER! summerall on the other hand sounds like he's calling a bingo tournament. bradshaw, deep for stallworth, touchdown for the steelers. SO BORING.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3PVhF25v1g

SteelCurtain68
10-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Simms by far. Can he hate the Steelers more? Tell him to get his head out of Tom Brady's ***.

MattyVfromCT
10-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Simms by far. Can he hate the Steelers more? Tell him to get his head out of Tom Brady's ***.

Him and nantz both. Always slurping brady, belichick and the pats. Nantz practically in tears when the jets showboated after beating the pats in their own house during the playoffs calling it "so classless" yet when the pats did the same in san diego during the 06 playoffs neither had anything to say as far as I can remember.

And as far as Steeler hate it's so obvious with those 2 clowns. Just rewatch the 08 Afc championship game and how unenthusiastic nantz was when troy picked off flacco. I didn't remember it live cuz I was too busy screaming my lungs out lol. But rewatching the bluray I see that and there's no doubt in my mind if u reverse the roles and ed reed pick 6'ed ben late in the 4th to seal the game he'd be excited, enthusiastic and jumping for joy. God I hate that call. They should have included bill and tunch as an alternate audio track like they did for the super bowl bluray. That's the one thing I hate. All our games other than sb43 on the road to 43 bluray set have those 2 morons calling the games. At least on the road to xl dvd set all the games have bill and tunch

JensK
10-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Would have to go with Simms. I actually enjoy watching games with Collinsworth. I'm not claiming that he is gods gift to football, but he makes some pretty good points at times and he is generally not boring to listen to such as many other announcers are. Sure, he has his "oh really captain obvious" moments, but all together I think he does a very good job.

Clevelandsux
10-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Theisman was the worst. I can tolerate collinsworth. Jaws is annoying. Hate Simms.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-02-2011, 05:18 PM
I have to say, I really liked Greg Gumble and Dan Dierdorff today. I've always liked Dan.

steelersbabex25
10-02-2011, 05:50 PM
I have to say, I really liked Greg Gumble and Dan Dierdorff today. I've always liked Dan.

Loved them. Very fair and impartial on both sides. Unlike some announcers who shall remain unnamed, there was no sense at all of a bias. I like it a lot.

TheFizzman
10-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Lets go steelers!!!:cope:

SteelCityVoice
10-30-2011, 08:34 PM
They were flat out praying for a miracle on that fumble/safety. **** EM

Stairwayto7
10-30-2011, 09:40 PM
I hate them two #@$%^&*(

Moondog
10-30-2011, 10:01 PM
They were slobbering all over Brady

uclkyle
10-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Phil Simms flat doesn't know the rules. He hates Pennsylvania ever since his drunk kid was considering PSU........I can't stand that moron. I love how Jim Nance just flat punks him sometimes too. Did you catch his comment on the late flag against Will Gay for PI? Simms says, "flags are never really late." Nance goes, "Yeah, sometimes they are."

Deviouz1
10-30-2011, 11:37 PM
there is only one word, in my mind, that defines Phil Simms.

Douchenozzle.

SteelerFan87
10-31-2011, 12:38 AM
Nance was BEGGING for a way to call back that safety. Pathetic.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-31-2011, 01:50 AM
Not only am I glad that I got to go to the game because it was such a great time and a huge win, but I didn't have to listen to Sims and Nance ride Brady's jock all night long on TV. Talking to some of you all via text and HeyTell during the game and hearing what CBS's top broadcasting duo were saying was enough to make me want to jump off the top of Heinz Field.

steelersbabex25
10-31-2011, 02:04 AM
Not only am I glad that I got to go to the game because it was such a great time and a huge win, but I didn't have to listen to Sims and Nance ride Brady's jock all night long on TV. Talking to some of you all via text and HeyTell during the game and hearing what CBS's top broadcasting duo were saying was enough to make me want to jump off the top of Heinz Field.

Beat me to it. The best thing about going to a game that's televised nationally on CBS is not having to listen to Simms and Nantz. :clap: to all you that endured their crap the entire game. I can only imagine..