PDA

View Full Version : Poll from Post Gazette

Stairwayto7
01-15-2007, 08:55 AM
People seem split on Whiz

Did the Steelers make a mistake in allowing coach Ken Whisenhunt to get away?

Yes
53% (1544)

No
47% (1344)

Total votes: 2,888

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2007, 09:02 AM
The fans are never pleased in any situation. Hell Art Rooney Sr could rise from the dead to become our head coach again and there would be somebody who'd have a problem with it.

I mean look at us in here, every time something happens there are some of us that are crying foul and bitching & complaining, while others are ok with the decision. Fans will be fans.

Stairwayto7
01-15-2007, 09:25 AM
LoL So true Top Gun So true

TampaSteelGirl
01-15-2007, 09:47 AM
I just have to believe they have the teams best interest at heart and know what they are doing..I may not like what they are doing but I guess I will except their decisions...Maybe they really have a big plan we don't know about...The truly only bad decision I could see them in choosing a head coach would be Jon Gruden!!! I hate that guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banging:

Ambridge
01-15-2007, 09:55 AM
I got it!!

Now that the Chargers have been eliminated from the playoffs the Steelers are anticipating Marty Schottenheimer being released/fired from San Diego and will be trying to interview him within the next few days.

Marty is also a Pittsburgh native if I'm not mistaken and who better to hire than the man who groomed Bill Cowher.

Disclaimer-This is just a joke.

TampaSteelGirl
01-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Wow! that would be very interesting!!! ...Disppointment that they lost but definately better for us if that be the case!! LOL!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Don't even jinx us by saying that dude ! :eek:

AZ_Steeler
01-15-2007, 10:51 AM
IMO, us fans know what is best for the Steelers and all Steeler decisions should be made based off of votes by the fans ;) :lol:

Captcoolhand
01-15-2007, 10:51 AM
I got it!!

Now that the Chargers have been eliminated from the playoffs the Steelers are anticipating Marty Schottenheimer being released/fired from San Diego and will be trying to interview him within the next few days.

Marty is also a Pittsburgh native if I'm not mistaken and who better to hire than the man who groomed Bill Cowher.

Disclaimer-This is just a joke.
One thing BC figured out was how to win a superbowl!:lol:
Marty is a hell of a Headcoach but he's a bust when it comes to the playoffs. Look at his stats in Cleveland and Kansas City
Even I knew to bet on NE for that reason:yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2007, 11:05 AM
IMO, us fans know what is best for the Steelers and all Steeler decisions should be made based off of votes by the fans ;) :lol:

Well of course we know best, the owners would be crazy not to listen to us :lol:

Ambridge
01-15-2007, 11:17 AM
In all seriousness if Marty somehow(it's not gonna happen)got thrown in the Steelers Headcoach loop I'd take him over Gailey, Sherman and Tomlin.

What Marty has going for him is that he has always fielded competitive teams except when it's playoff time........but sooner or later Marty is going to get the big win/s and get over the hump.

AZ_Steeler
01-15-2007, 11:22 AM
If Marty is thrown into the equation then Steeler Nation would be in an uproar!!! Marty is best known for his "Marty Ball" come playoffs and now reflecting back on Cowher's career we could say Cowher played "Cowher(ed) Ball" when it came to playoffs! Don't take this wrong I liked Cowher as a coach but comes playoffs he did clam up a little, we need someone who will play to win those big games instead of playing not to lose!

Ambridge
01-15-2007, 11:28 AM
If Marty is thrown into the equation then Steeler Nation would be in an uproar!!! Marty is best known for his "Marty Ball" come playoffs and now reflecting back on Cowher's career we could say Cowher played "Cowher(ed) Ball" when it came to playoffs! Don't take this wrong I liked Cowher as a coach but comes playoffs he did clam up a little, we need someone who will play to win those big games instead of playing not to lose!

Yes!! Bill Cowher was an apple that didn't fall to far away from the "Martree" when talking about coaching in the playoffs.

floodcitygirl
01-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Well of course we know best, the owners would be crazy not to listen to us :lol:You mean they don't????!!! I thought that's why we were here! :scratch: :lol:

House of Steel
01-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Capt had actually said something that made sense. WOW!!!

Rooneys consider Schottenheimer for an interview, they need to be shot at.

Captcoolhand
01-15-2007, 11:41 AM
:clap: There's is the difference. When BC played to win, we won the SB. Maybe someone should tell Marty that:lol:

House of Steel
01-15-2007, 11:46 AM
ummmm Capt, I am sure Cowher has told him this. :smh: you don't make sense anymore.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Cowher finally learned his lesson, and alot younger in his NFL career than Marty did so atleast we can say he learned from the past. Marty is still making alot of the same mistakes he's always been known for.

House of Steel
01-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Marty is old school and will never change anymore the way I see it.

TampaSteelGirl
01-15-2007, 11:57 AM

My thoughts exactly!!!!!! :cabbagepatch:

DIESELMAN
01-15-2007, 12:07 PM
No Martyball in Pittsburgh!....Please don't ever say that again lol I doubt we'll go after Marty and give up draft picks, Schottenheimer has 1 year left on his contract unless SD fires him which is a possibility since Marty and AJ Smith have never gotten along and Marty just blew another postseason appearance(with the league MVP) who knows anymore:dunno: All I know is the more time we got to think about it the more crazy ideas will pop in our heads..lol

Stairwayto7
01-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Marty is old school and will never change anymore the way I see it.

Totally correct! Marty is now washed up though, that team has way to much talent for Marty ball!

TampaSteelGirl
01-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Cowher finally learned his lesson, and alot younger in his NFL career than Marty did so atleast we can say he learned from the past. Marty is still making alot of the same mistakes he's always been known for.

I didn't think about it that way, but you're right. Not a good candidate for us!

Steelerlyn
01-15-2007, 12:14 PM
I really don't care who they hire because the Rooney's know one heck of alot more than I will ever care to about this subject.

Blitzburgh55
01-15-2007, 12:39 PM
If Ken wants to go sign with the cards then he isnt right for our team if he didnt want to wait and week and go for the money he isnt right for the team

Stairwayto7
01-15-2007, 02:12 PM
If Ken wants to go sign with the cards then he isnt right for our team if he didnt want to wait and week and go for the money he isnt right for the team

Was it the money, or did he know that he wasnt get our job?

Steelersfan
01-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Was it the money, or did he know that he wasnt get our job?

Exactly Cleve! None of us know what really went on with the whole thing. We still don't. I really think we are going after Rivera myself with the way things have unfolded. With Ken gone you'd think they'd just hire Grimm if he were the front runner for the job.