PDA

View Full Version : Huge week in the AFC North next Sunday...

Troyisabeast_43
09-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Not only with the Steelers of course going to Houston to face a tough tough challenge against a very good Texans team but also with the Ravens having a game Sunday night in Baltimore against the Jets who will definitely need to win now after getting smoked by the Raiders yesterday, and the Browns having a game Sunday against a pretty good Titans team as we have seen so far. It would be huge if the Steelers found a way to win this game in Houston for numerous reasons combined with losses from both the Ravens to the Jets and the Browns to the Titans. I say this because the Ravens and Browns both have their bye week the following week on October 9th. And the Ravens and Browns both have very tough games coming off their bye in 2 weeks with Baltimore playing Houston and the Browns having to go to Oakland. So if you can win this game and get to 3-1 and both the Ravens and Browns lose their respective games this week going into their bye week and they go to 2-2 youre going to be sitting real pretty in the AFC North for the next 2 weeks having two straight home games with both the Titans and the Jaguars.

So it's very possible assuming the Steelers win in Houston this Sunday and the Ravens and Browns both lose this Sunday going into their bye weeks and both teams having 4 o clock games on October 16th when they both return to action that if the Steelers beat the Texans,Titans,and Jags 3 consecutive weeks they will be 5-1 at 4 o clock when the Ravens and Browns both start their games with Houston and Oakland and will both still be at 2-2. I feel a win in Houston this week combined with these losses by both the Ravens and the Browns this week could really put the Steelers in the drivers seat in the AFC North for most of the month of October leading up to that rematch here against the Ravens on November 6th. It's a lot to process what I just wrote here but if you stop to think about it all it's all quite possible and if things fall into place that way the Steelers will really be sitting pretty and back in control of the AFC North...First and foremost though, gotta find somehow someway to walk into Houston and get a win which is going to be anything but an easy task but something I believe the Steelers can do if they get back to playing like they are capable of...

coldrolled
09-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Sorry... odds right now look better for a tie in the AFCN, everyone at 2-2

Arians is still here right? We need to score 30+ to stay in this one.

Troyisabeast_43
09-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Probably right cold but Im not totally going to be all doom and gloom like a lot of people on this board and sit here and say the Texans are going to completely smoke the Steelers. The Texans are a pretty good team no doubt, but they still have yet to prove over the last few years everytime the media says that they are ready to take the next step that they can win big games especially at home down there against Super Bowl contending teams like the Steelers. I agree the Steelers will probably have to put up 30-35 points to win this game but they certainly can do it...

Black@Gold Forever32
09-26-2011, 12:44 PM
Steelers are winning 34-30.....book it

Troyisabeast_43
09-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Steelers are winning 34-30.....book it

Hopefully that means Ill be getting 4 for the Steelers and 0 for the Texans in my football pool numbers this week at work seeing that it will be worth $660.00 this weekend lol...

Black@Gold Forever32
09-26-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm keeping the faith 43, yea this team looked like one hot pile of trash against the Colts and should have blown the sorry Colts out but they also can correct the ship.......Big problem again is the offensive line and yes they suck but injuries are killing them yet again from getting into any kind of sync with each other.....We can't continue to have these musical chairs along the offensive line.....The running game and pass protection suffers and that was evident last night.....

But I'll never pick against the Steelers unless they're playing the Pats...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Probably right cold but Im not totally going to be all doom and gloom like a lot of people on this board and sit here and say the Texans are going to completely smoke the Steelers. The Texans are a pretty good team no doubt, but they still have yet to prove over the last few years everytime the media says that they are ready to take the next step that they can win big games especially at home down there against Super Bowl contending teams like the Steelers. I agree the Steelers will probably have to put up 30-35 points to win this game but they certainly can do it...

I don't think we're all doom and gloom, however we are realistic. The Steelers have proven they can beat teams like the Seahawks and Colts who have a combined record of 1-5 right now. They haven't proven they can beat a team with a winning record.

Now that doesn't mean they can't and it doesn't mean that they are destined to finish 2nd or 3rd in the division. The Texans are on a roll right now and doing everything that people are expecting them too. They still have a lot to prove just like everyone else. I'm certainly not throwing in the terrible towel already, but it's going to take a great game by the Steelers to win.

If they can pull it off then you bet, they are putting themselves in a good position in the AFC North.

Troyisabeast_43
09-26-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm keeping the faith 43, yea this team looked like one hot pile of trash against the Colts and should have blown the sorry Colts out but they also can correct the ship.......Big problem again is the offensive line and yes they suck but injuries are killing them yet again from getting into any kind of sync with each other.....We can't continue to have these musical chairs along the offensive line.....The running game and pass protection suffers and that was evident last night.....

But I'll never pick against the Steelers unless they're playing the Pats...lol

I agree with you and even though this offensive line continues to play like complete garbage year in and year out somehow someway the Steelers find a way to survive with Ben at QB and win games on a consistent basis. But like I said to start this thread it's still a huge huge week seeing that the Ravens have their bye week after this game with the Jets and the Steelers will play 2 more games before they play even 1 since they have a 4 o clock game with Houston in Baltimore when they come back from their bye week. A win this week in Houston and a loss by the Ravens at home to the Jets completely changes the complexion in the AFC North and can put the Steelers back in control of this division and completely begin to wash that opening day debacle in Baltimore. Winning the next 3 and potentially being 5-1 come October 16th after a game with the Jags and having the Ravens play a game at 4 o clock that day against a tough tough Houston team at 2-2 would really put the pressure on the Ravens to start winning...That's why this game in Houston is so so huge to win because the potential for the Ravens to drop a game to the Jets Sunday night in Baltimore in a game the Jets are now going to have to win after losing yesterday to the Raiders is truly there...

steelchamp204
09-26-2011, 02:02 PM
It is what it is.

Coach T

TampaSteelGirl
09-26-2011, 02:30 PM
This will be a very interesting football weekend....If we play well against Houston I'll believe we are coming back strong. Im looking forward to all the games. :yellowthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-26-2011, 03:03 PM
**** even if we lose its all good...Two Super Bowl wins and three trips in 6 years........Plus when walking to the stadium and seeing the amount of homeless people was disturbing and really put things in the proper perspective.....Saw more then the usual amount and really just proves football isn't that important in the grand scheme of things.....

Stone
09-26-2011, 05:07 PM
No matter how much I love the team and how I would defend them to an opposing fan, it's genuinely difficult to get too pumped up when we have Arians and continue to tolerate his widely known ignorance of offensive game planning.