PDA

View Full Version : Are we just a vertical team or just me?

steelchamp204
09-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Ok. Im not sure what it is but does it only seem like we are only going vertical anymore on throws? Well also including the wr screens that work once every 5 passes. We have the guys to do slants with. To run pick routes. Brown,Sanders,Wallace and Ward can all run underneath routes to get about 6 yards a pop. There is no way a lb will cover 3/4 of them guys underneath(depending on if defense is playing zone). I know wallace is good but BA is killing this kids potential. Could you imagine how many different ways he would be used in ther Pats offense? Or brown and sanders for that instance. I wish we could give heath some more touches but you cant blame arians on why he doesnt get the ball thrown to him cause of how bad our O-line is.

Mewelde Moore. He is an OK running back. But when it comes to passing downs and using him, he can turn a 2 yard dump off into a 8+ gain.

I just dont think our offense will get better until we get a new O cord that can use the Wr's/Backs to the best of there ability and what they can bring to the table. Im not saying we need to be JUST like the Pats, but we have the guys who can run there type of offense. I just think it is taking way to long to develop pass plays. With this o-line we need more 3 step drop passes. I know it wont happen. But how the **** can BA not realize this.

It is also obvious teams know what were running. I havent seen any new plays in the past 3 seasons and its pathetic. I dont know if its all on BA, Ben not reading the defenses right or whatever. But if were gonna go and try to win another superbowl. We need some MAJOR changes.

Plus can we please start blitzing up the middle instead of off the edges. And does anyone know why for alot of lastnights game why we only had 2 downlinemen?

UKSTEELER
09-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Two of our most memorable TD's last season came off of quick slants, the one to Wally and of course the Ratbird beater one to Redman.

I thought, WOW Maybe Arians is beginning to see the light a little here, . . . but alas no.
We're back to the same, empty backfield, receivers going deep, backs and TE's in blocking, Ben holding onto it, and getting sacked/stripped crap we've been privy to for the last few years.

SteelDad
09-26-2011, 09:55 AM
The Colts rolled coverage last night after the Wallace TD and Arians once again showed his 'brilliance' by not adjusting to it except for one play where Ben hit Heath on a flag route going away from the PA flow. How do you allow Wallace to hardly see the ball after his first quarter? Typical BA.

coldrolled
09-26-2011, 10:27 AM
The Colts rolled coverage last night after the Wallace TD and Arians once again showed his 'brilliance' by not adjusting to it except for one play where Ben hit Heath on a flag route going away from the PA flow. How do you allow Wallace to hardly see the ball after his first quarter? Typical BA.

100% correct... 1st qtr we hit em hard. they changed their defense and we stayed the same till the plane ride home. it is sad.. it is actually hard to watch...

--- Added 9/26/2011 at 09:27 AM ---

Plus can we please start blitzing up the middle

Our attack off the edges for 4 qtrs is like a monkey in a cage.... walking the same pattern over and over all day long.. it is bad... when we had the safety blitzes it looked better. ILB's need to blitz. Sylvester must be screwing up, or he would be in there right?

BA.. say no more... FIRE Him... Let Tomlin call the plays.

Stairwayto7
09-26-2011, 10:28 AM
I always have hated Arians, but he isnt blocking for Ben. Not sure why we bailed on the shotgun when it worked so well in the first qrt

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2011, 10:42 AM
That big play to Wallace was like a teaser. Ben looks over to Mike Wallace, they nod, he hits the big 81 yd TD pass and everything is great. Now the rest of game, nope sorry we can't use that play with anyone else because that would make too much sense. If they can't throw the ball 50 yds down field, or run it, they have nothing left but that quick out to a WR which goes nowhere. They don't use the slant pattern near enough, which money almost everytime for atleast 10 yds.

This is what I've been screaming about forever, use the short passing game!

Katmandu
09-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Ok. Im not sure what it is but does it only seem like we are only going vertical anymore on throws? What is this WE stuff ??

It's all on BA and getting greedy every play is a deep ball TD!

Way too GREEDY! Need to back off a bit and get more short passes and draw plays IMHO. Keep the D guessing, NOT challenging them with the same plays! Especially when the OL is acting like a wet paper bag!

steelchamp204
09-26-2011, 12:30 PM
What is this WE stuff ??

It's all on BA and getting greedy every play is a deep ball TD!

Way too GREEDY! Need to back off a bit and get more short passes and draw plays IMHO. Keep the D guessing, NOT challenging them with the same plays! Especially when the OL is acting like a wet paper bag!

Whoops, sorry to use "we" :eek1:. Why even run draw plays when noone can run block.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Draw plays weren't going to work last night either, the pressure came crashing in from all over the place. It's one thing to let the pass rush come through so you can execute the draw, but when it comes so quickly that you can't even get the handoff completed before the defenders are all over you, there's just no chance.

TampaSteelGirl
09-26-2011, 12:54 PM
No huddle offense????? :dunno:

steelchamp204
09-26-2011, 12:57 PM

Thats just something the PPG puts in to get some people excited. I said it a cpl weeks ago its all :willybs: They say they will use it then dont. I have no idea why lastnight they didnt use it to maybe wear out Freeney and Mathis a little bit more. Its time for Ben to put his foot down and take the game over.:imho:

SteelDad
09-26-2011, 01:23 PM

Funny, I've wondered that for three straight games now.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-26-2011, 01:26 PM

Musical chairs along the offensive line and in a noisy stadium.....Really not a good idea to break out the no huddle offense......Another factor to might the reports of the young WR's with their continued struggles with routes.......Now Brown had a damn good game last night so hopefully he is turning the corner.....

Goodfrom55
09-26-2011, 01:59 PM
Steelers ran play action on 1st down twice yesterday, resulting in an 81 yard TD pass to Wallace, and a long gainer to Heath on a corner route. Otherwise, it was dive left, dive right on 1st down all night. No wonder Mendenhall had no room last night, Colts were walking the safety down into the box on 1st down and without a lead blocker, the safety was not accounted for in the blocking scheme. Too many 5 wide sets when the tackles needed help with Freeney and Mathis, why?

coldrolled
09-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Too many 5 wide sets when the tackles needed help with Freeney and Mathis, why?

Why? :lol: