PDA

View Full Version : Upside = Ike Taylor

steelersbabex25
09-26-2011, 12:46 AM
I can't get enough of him. I wish we could make a bunch of clones of Ike Taylor and just have a bunch of them running around. Perfect coverage on almost every play. One time he blew coverage on Garcon I think it was, but it was a beautifully run route by Garcon, and luckily it didn't come back to haunt us. He's really the only player on defense that I can say comes to play every week, and plays well every week.

Stairwayto7
09-26-2011, 12:48 AM
Ike is as solid as they come! And he is always on the best wr

steelersbabex25
09-26-2011, 12:48 AM
Ike is as solid as they come! And he is always on the best wr

Except for when Farrior is matched up with Reggie Wayne. Gotta love that..

Farrior Fan
09-26-2011, 12:54 AM

the only chance Farrior would have on that one is to just knock him out, of course Wayne would be 10 yards past him.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2011, 01:01 AM
Ike is playing at high level this year, clearly the best player on the defense so far, no question. He is at the point where you just put him on the other teams best WR and let him alone. He can hang with anybody in the NFL, clearly the Steelers made the right decision in getting him signed to a new deal. How they even considered letting him sniff free agency is beyond me.

He was Reggie Wayne a good portion of the night and had blanket coverage. If it wasn't for Ike this defensive secondary would be in even more trouble than it is.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-26-2011, 01:05 AM
Ike is a beast and he always have been,and i'm thankful the Rooneys resigned him:tt02:

Thisoneguy555
09-26-2011, 02:27 AM

3-4 zone blitz defenses sometimes run across these mis-matches. You'd think at a pro-level this wouldn't happen, but it does.

I was watching the Bills/Patriots game, and the Bills middle linebacker somehow ended up on Wes Welker many times during the game, and every time that happened, Wes had a big catch. It usually happens when the defense has their base defense out there and the offense is going no huddle, the confusion causes a mess of problems... This happened to the Steelers a couple times tonight, a noticeable time during the 4th quarter, on 3rd down. The Colts didn't get the first down, but the defense looked lost and got lucky. LeBeau was flipping out on the sideline after he saw that. That's something that will kill this team against a veteran quarterback. Painter obviously not experienced enough to take advantage of that.

steelersbabex25
09-26-2011, 11:42 AM
3-4 zone blitz defenses sometimes run across these mis-matches. You'd think at a pro-level this wouldn't happen, but it does.

I was watching the Bills/Patriots game, and the Bills middle linebacker somehow ended up on Wes Welker many times during the game, and every time that happened, Wes had a big catch. It usually happens when the defense has their base defense out there and the offense is going no huddle, the confusion causes a mess of problems... This happened to the Steelers a couple times tonight, a noticeable time during the 4th quarter, on 3rd down. The Colts didn't get the first down, but the defense looked lost and got lucky. LeBeau was flipping out on the sideline after he saw that. That's something that will kill this team against a veteran quarterback. Painter obviously not experienced enough to take advantage of that.

I thought that was LeBeau flipping out on Ike cause he almost cost a touchdown..

SnakeEyes43
09-26-2011, 12:10 PM
He has been great all year.

I have to admit though that my heart stopped when he bit on the Garcon move. That was a free TD, thank god for Painter.

steelersbabex25
09-26-2011, 12:10 PM
He has been great all year.

I have to admit though that my heart stopped when he bit on the Garcon move. That was a free TD, thank god for Painter.

Yeah he made a guess on that play, and he guessed wrong.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Tomlin gave him an earful on that play, did you see it on the sidelines after that play? He was ripping Ike a new one. He doesn't usually guess wrong, but it happens. Still he is the best we have no question.

He'll get a good test this week when he's one on one vs Johson of the Texans.

steelersbabex25
09-26-2011, 12:20 PM
I used to think that he just looked really good because of who he was playing next to, but he's proved me wrong. He has to be one of the top corners in the league. Thank god we have him.

UKSTEELER
09-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Ike's been gold and Troy is building momentum.

Our secondary has got off lightly the last couple of weeks, what with the Offensive struggles we've had and the inferior QB's we've faced . . . . being the distraction.

The play of the secondary has been somewhat of a pleasant surprise, . . that could well change next Sunday?

steelchamp204
09-26-2011, 12:44 PM
Downside=Noone on the other side to help.

--- Added 9/26/2011 at 11:44 AM ---

Tomlin gave him an earful on that play, did you see it on the sidelines after that play? He was ripping Ike a new one. He doesn't usually guess wrong, but it happens. Still he is the best we have no question.

He'll get a good test this week when he's one on one vs Johson of the Texans.

I wish Tomlin would do that with his defense(mostley the lbs/Gay/McFadden). Maybe he does, they just dont catch it on camera lol

75Steeler
09-26-2011, 12:49 PM
I agree that Ike is awesome. Another Steeler that doesn't get much talk is Ryan Clark. Ryan is a solid safety and isn't afraid to hit.

TampaSteelGirl
09-26-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm really proud how Ike has stepped up...Even Willie Gay had a decent game last night...

steelersbabex25
09-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Gay is pretty good at sticking with the receiver. Wish he would break up some passes instead of having to make the tackle after the fact though.

steelchamp204
09-26-2011, 12:53 PM
We will see how the rest of our secondary holds up next week. I think Gay/Lewis/Clark will get burnt. Yea ryan is a good hitting safety but sometimes your just wondering how he even starts. He has his spurts. This week will be a good test

TampaSteelGirl
09-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Gay is pretty good at sticking with the receiver. Wish he would break up some passes instead of having to make the tackle after the fact though.

Oh you mean Gay watching the catch then tackling??? :rofl: