PDA

View Full Version : Kiesel OUT for Sunday's game

Goodfrom55
09-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Don't know about the rest of you, but I am not overly concerned about Kiesel not playing. I think Ziggy will fill in just fine at RDE. Hope he mends and is ready for Houston. Can also rotate McLendon in a little more this week, like what I see of this guy so far.

Defensive end Brett Keisel (knee sprain) did not practiced all week and will not play against the Colts. He already has been ruled out.

From the PG
(http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11267/1177210-66-0.stm#ixzz1YqQZP9Pq)

Diehardsteel
09-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Don't know about the rest of you, but I am not overly concerned about Kiesel not playing. I think Ziggy will fill in just fine at RDE. Hope he mends and is ready for Houston. Can also rotate McClendon in a little more this week, like what I see of this guy so far.

I'm not worried at all. He really didn't do much in the last two games anyways. Glad he could get some rest and Ziggy could get some more playing time.

LatrobePA
09-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Let's go hood!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2011, 08:25 PM
He was questionable at best earlier in the week, it was just a foregone conclusion that he probably wouldn't play this week. I like our depth on the defensive line, and it's been a long time since we've been able to say that.

Hood will take over and they won't miss a beat. This will also give Heyward more opportunities for reps in the regular season.

Rampage
09-24-2011, 12:24 PM
I like Kiesel, but I'm not overly concerned. With the depth on the d-line, they may as well sit him and let him recover. Get the young guys some valuable experience and let Kiesel rest so he can play like himself later on.

connecticutsteel
09-24-2011, 09:27 PM
I thought we were old and slow and it's over remember?

HUNT4SEVEN
09-24-2011, 09:58 PM
I wanna c Heyward and Hood get more snaps anyways...

connecticutsteel
09-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Steve Mclendon peaked my interest last week he seemed unblockable at times i'd like to see Hood,Heyward& Mclendon in at the same time