PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin Tuesday 9-20-11

LatrobePA
09-20-2011, 03:24 PM
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2011
Tueday with Tomlin
Brett Keisel has a grade 1 PCL sprain and is questionable to play this week. The guess here is that he'll sit this week as the Steelers will need him much more in Houston in two weeks.

Ziggy Hood would get the start if Keisel doesn't play.

© Mike Tomlin was a little more optimistic about CB Bryant McFadden and LG Chris Kemoeatu returning after both sat out Sunday's win against Seattle.

Jerricho Cotchery is also getting closer to return and Tomlin said Chris Carter should definitely be available.

© On Ramon Foster and Marcus Gilbert, Tomlin said, "I thought Ramon did some nice things. I like his effort and finish. Marcus Gilbert did some nice things as well. I thought we won the line of scrimmage in the first half, not so much in the second half."

© On the missed goal line opportunities: "It's execution."

© On Keenan Lewis: "He did a solid job. … He played a lot of routes close. It was a good start for him."

LINK
(http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/)

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2011, 03:58 PM
It's execution: Well duh! How about alittle insight into some of the things that saw that you're working on correcting...ugh.

Again, another pointless press conference from Tomlin that could have been covered by a press release.

Goodfrom55
09-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Regarding Keisel, let him mend, Ziggy will do fine in his place. Would not mind seeing McClendon get a little more playing time this week as well - guy has a heck of a motor on him. Still don't like B-Mac at CB, he is a liability to the defense.

I believe Foster played well enough to unseat Legursky and Gilbert should be the RT for the remainder of the year. Only place to learn is on the field and will be a great test for him this week vs Mathis.

LatrobePA
09-20-2011, 04:03 PM
One more week of bad play by Legs will unseat him for sure..

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2011, 04:18 PM
You would think, and you would certainly hope but the way the Steelers do things I wonder how long it will take them to make the changes that we all know are necessary on the line.

I've been a believer in Foster since last year. He's not the greatest ever but certainly able to get the job done.

Goodfrom55
09-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Unless a guy tanks (like Legs is) or a guy gets injured (Colon), they need to decide on a line and stick to it.

Thisoneguy555
09-20-2011, 04:41 PM
It's execution: Well duh! How about alittle insight into some of the things that saw that you're working on correcting...ugh.

Again, another pointless press conference from Tomlin that could have been covered by a press release.

I don't think there's really much to say about a kicker missing field goals.

"Well we made him run laps, that'll make his accuracy better"

lol... Who ever asked the question is an idiot.

Which brings up, when will the Steelers get a decent kicker? Suisham isn't much better than Reed. There are better kickers than Suisham sitting at home on their couches right now.

connecticutsteel
09-20-2011, 05:47 PM
I don't think there's really much to say about a kicker missing field goals.

"Well we made him run laps, that'll make his accuracy better"

lol... Who ever asked the question is an idiot.

Which brings up, when will the Steelers get a decent kicker? Suisham isn't much better than Reed. There are better kickers than Suisham sitting at home on their couches right now.
Swayze Waters

Goodfrom55
09-20-2011, 05:50 PM
One missed FG? Oh boy here it comes. . . .

BlitzburghRockCity
09-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Unless a guy tanks (like Legs is) or a guy gets injured (Colon), they need to decide on a line and stick to it.

The guy they decided on, in Legursky, is struggling big time. The Steelers won't pull the plug on him yet no matter how much we want them too. I would really like to see them not have changed what worked so well last year. You already got rid of Flozell Adams, then you replace the guy who played beside him with a guy who clearly can't handle the job yet.

If anything Foster should have kept his job until he proved he couldn't handle it, then you have Legursky waiting in the wings.

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Anything but the coined clichés. Please anything. Course none of the opponents can figure it out either. In the end hey, we did win the game.